[WIP] Crowned Sacred King of Hell, Paimon

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by LordAx, Oct 18, 2016.

1. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Best Trap 2016, Paimon Guide
    [​IMG]
    Table of Contents
    1.Brief Character Summary and Paimon vs Myr
    2.Team Subs
    a.Orb Changers
    b.Full Board
    c.Niche (Bind Clear, Delay, True Damage, Ect)
    3.Dungeon Clears
    4.Friend Directory

Character Summary

Stats: 5502 HP, 1745 Atk, 302 Rcv. 1000 Weighted
    Typing: :monster3::monster6:
    Awakenings: :awakening16::awakening28::awakening10::awakening10::awakening21::awakening21::awakening21::awakening21:
    Active: Sparkling Lips: Creates 3 Light and Heals at random, 1 turn haste (12-7 CD)
    Leader Skill: Evil Voice's Jail : 3x attack for each cross of lights (infinite crosses can be made), 3x atk and 35% damage reduction for heart cross (only 1 can be made for its effect)

Character Lore
    According to The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King, Paimon is one of the Kings of Hell, more obedient to Lucifer than other kings are, and has two hundred (one hundred according to other authors) legions of demons under his rule. He has a great voice and roars as soon as he comes, speaking in this manner for a while, until the conjurer compels him and then he answers clearly the questions he is asked. When the conjurer invokes this demon he must look towards the northwest (the west to other authors), for there is where he has his house, and when Paimon appears he must be allowed to ask what he wishes and be answered, in order to obtain the same from him.

Paimon vs Myr
    Paimon and Myr are two very much alike. They are both light heart cross leaders, but both have their differences. An optimal Myr team wants to focus on either TPAs or Light Rows, a Paimon team wants to focus on Orb Enhances because he can not make rows or tpas that well. Myr requires a cross of hearts do damage, but Paimon can do 2 light crosses for the same damage as 1 light cross and 1 heart cross, meaning Paimon can run the very powerful Bride Eschamali effectively. Paimon requires much more skill to use than Myr but truly outshines in 7x6 where 3 crosses can be made easily.Paimon can sub into Myr and Myr can sub into Paimon effectively.

Tldr: Myr is easier to use, but less potential damage. Paimon is much harder to use but can deal devastating damage.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  2. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Team Building with Paimon
    Paimon teams have a lot of flexibility when it comes to running units. If you already have a Myr team you can very likely copy-paste your team over to decent effect, but a truly powerful Paimon team will work much differently than a Myr Team will.

Orb Changers (S Rank)

Paimon dupes are like Kaede dupes and Sumire dupes, they are what bring the most out of Paimon. With 4 OEs and 2 TEs he fits perfectly on his own team. Having 3 on your team allows you to use a System just like Kaede or Sumire, and it is very powerful as shown in the Dungeon Clears section.

Bride Eschamali is an extremely powerful sub on the team. Bringing a very strong Orb Change and 4 turn skyfall. Due to Paimon's LS, you can use her safely as you do not rely on hearts for damage. Eschamali packs a whopping 7 Orb Enhances which brings up Paimon's Damage Immensely.

A Rank

Don't own a Bride Eschamali? Then Awoken Apollo is a very close competitor. While he only has two orb enhances, he comes with a strong double orb change and 2 turns of Skyfall.

Bride Akechi turns Fire to Light and Blue to Heart. His subpar stats and awakenings usually leave him to become inheritance fodder for other units.

Wukong fits nicely, converting Blues into Lights and Darks into Hearts. While his awakenings are not the best for Paimon, the bind clear may come in handy against leader and devil binds.

Awoken DqXq is like Wukong where her active is good (Dark -> Light, Fire -> Heart, Hazards -> Blue) but her awakenings do not fit well with Paimon. That is usually the case when you use Myr subs on Paimon.

I am a very big fan of using Myr on Paimon teams. Her awakenings fit well (unbindable with 3 OEs) and her active is great for when you have 5+ lights but no hearts. I have a bind clear inherited onto her which allowed me to take down C10 of Challenge Dungeon 29.

B Tier

Baal is only a single orb change, but if you need to convert only blues and you dont want to convert dark orbs into heart, then Baal is useful. He is unbindable, meaning you can inherit a bind clear onto him. He also comes with a Multiboost making his stats monstrously high.

NY Hanzo is interesting, his active converts Fire -> Light, which is something that is not seen often, only Bride Akechi has a similar effect. He also comes with a Dragon Killer which can see use against certain dungeons.

Bride Satsuki is a Blue -> Light maker with the added advantage of being a hazard orb clearer. Her TPAs won't see much use but does impressive damage if you can fit one in there

Fuma converts Woods to Lights, which makes him stand out, his awakenings are unique, coming with a Physical and a Machine Killer and has decent HP, his RCV will bring down your team though.

Despite his low stats, Wee Jas is super strong, being an unbindable bind clear with an active thats basically a free 3 turn bind clear on enemies that can be delayable. Physical and Devil killers can see frequent use.

Verche is a quick orb changer and comes with three Orb Enhances.

Heartbreaker with 3 OEs and a TE, her cooldown is low enough to where inheriting an active is definitely possible.

C Tier
    For now I'm not going to bother writing them up but heres a list: Moogle Elia Cinderella Lemon Dragon Leonis Shedar. They can be used but only if extremely necessary.

Board Changers
    These subs are useful in situations where you have lots of hazard orbs (Jammers/Poisons) and want them cleared away. Due to the very few amounts of them, I will be listing them as all in the same tier.

Apoc turns your board into Darks, Lights, and Hearts. Due to the nature of Paimon, you do not want to combo this active with a DqXq unless you know for sure you can make a light cross in there.

Saria turns your board into Light, Fire, and Heart with one turn of haste. Like with Apoc, do not use a Hanzo or Akechi active after this or you will have a difficult time making a heart cross.

Chibi Saria is better than regular saria in my opinion. She trades some stats and useless awakenings for 4 orb enhances.

Bride Gadius turns your board into Fire, Light, Dark, and Heart. What makes him shine is his superior awakenings. Being an unbindable heart row bind clear helps when Paimon is bindable. He also packs OEs that the other two board changers do not have.

What happens when Leilan has too much to drink? She gains 5 light orb enhances, the board does not make any hearts so you may have to run something that turns fires or greens to hearts to combo effectively

Skill Inheritance Options:
    Regular Gadius is same as Bride Gadius, Cecil is same as Apoc but with a 1 turn haste. Sylvie is like Saria but instead of fires its greens.

Niche Options
    This section is dedicated to utility options. It is not possible to create a tier list for these guys since they are all very different.

Amaterasu brings a bind clearing active to the team. 4 turns of bind clearing is very high and allows you to counteract a lot of binds. The haste is useful too. Due to Amaterasu's subpar awakenings, it is better off inheriting her on somebody.

Awoken Sakuya trades 1 turn of bind clearing and 1 turn haste from amaterasu for a 20% gravity and much more useful awakenings. The hazard orb resists can come very handy against certain dungeons and time extends do not hurt the team. She is also a heart row bind clearer.

Need a damage burst? Then Thor is the 2nd best in the game for you. 2 turns of 2x can be used in a lot of ways.

Indra is one of the few light shields in the game. He can tank Sopdet's "Goodbye" if you have over 30417 hp when you use Indra and make a heart cross and is useful for when you cant always make a cross.

Raphael is highly unnecessary as a shield. His active makes you unable to do any damage for 1 turn so if you need a shield option, just use Indra.

Christmas Archangel's stats are terrible, but is one of the very few light delay options, can be used very well in Coop to make up for her lack of HP.

If you want somebody to be a base for skill inheritance, Orphalion is your unit. While he is an absolute bitch to create. He is a powerhouse, boasting the highest weighted stats in the game. 3 Skill boosts, an OE, an TE, and is unbindable. His cooldown is 5 turns at max skill, meaning you can inherit very much anything onto him and have him still be great.

Xiu Min carries the highest health of any unit in the game. 0 base rcv hurts though. His active does work with Paimon but only provides 3 orbs, better to inherit a skill into him.

Bride Izanami is also a very good skill inheritance base, high HP coupled with 5 OEs, 15% dark damage resist, and a 6 turn cooldown active all make her solid to put a skill onto her.

The latest 8* in the NY Rem is a very strong one. Packing 3 time extends, 3 Orb enhances, and a unique awakening that boosts her damage if you make 7 combos. Her active skill can be invaluable as an extra 5 seconds for 3 turns matters a lot for when you must activate a double/triple cross multiple times in a row

Skills you can use as inherits

Bind clearer that makes hearts, any fairy tale girl can work here but snow white and sleeping beauty are the best since they convert wood which is rarely touched by orb changers

Bind clear that is also a heart breaker. Only the light one is useful for inheriting.

Delayers are a very welcome addition to your team. They provide extra turns on difficult enemies, namely the light and dark absorbing marionettes that seem to be a common trend in c10s.

Is Thor not strong enough for you? Then Silk is what you want, she brings EVEN HIGHER damage to your teams and on JP she is buffed for 2 turns of enhance.

TRIPLE utility monster, bind clear, delay, AND awoken bind clear.

Active guarantees 2 light crosses if you're into that

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dungeon Clears:

Arena 3: (Planning to get a video of each Radar Dragon)

(Zeus Dragon, Solo)

(Heph Dragon, Solo)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  4. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hera/Zeus 297s

5. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Friend directory, template coming soon

6. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Was interested in Paimon after I rolled two of him on my JP account (team cost pls). My only long term sub right now is Chibi Saria, which might actually be good because sparkles

I eagerly await this guide's completion, sorry for not being able to contribute more. JP account too noob xD

7. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I didnt think about Chibi Saria, she would fit in the team even better than regular Saria.

8. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    I don't have Paimon, nor know much about his teambuilding. But I did read through the guide for funsies and thought that Orpharion might be a sub to consider, at least for anyone who has the patience to make him.

Huge HP stats, low cooldown skyfall active, plus an extra couple orbs. He only has one OE, but gives you an extra finger and all the skillboosts you could ever want. And he is unbindable for something like a fairy tale girl inherit.

Just a thought.

9. 70Seven

70Seven New Member

PADherder:
    link
    Pulled Paimon myself recently, so glad to see there's a guide up. Knowing that OE is important, what're your thoughts on Bride Izanami as a sub?

10. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    5 OEs and a quick enough skill where inheriting is feasible, I would definitely inherit an orb changer onto her.

11. Neekoe

Neekoe Member

User ID:
    Nice guide and a good read. I made my team up of all physical types, once i get hp latents on them i should be sitting around 39k-42k hp. Also you should add that the yellow mp-shop gentleman as luxury sub.

Also could someone explain why you would want to ever inherit a skill onto a monster with haste.

12. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    Paimon is a fun lead, but he's challenging.

I've been running Paimon / Paimon / Apoc / Apoc / DQ / Paimon, but I'm going to shift this team around a bit and am thinking subbing someone for L.Gadius once I have him skilled.

One other thing I realized with this team is that you don't have to make 2 crosses for max damage if you sweep the previous floor. Just to test the team out, I was using a heat cross + 3 light to damage trash mobs and then a light cross on the next floor for 81x. The shield carries through like the rest of the other cross leads.

13. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Just rolled Paimon in the Brighter Future Godfest, does this mean I'll run Paimon? We'll see. Does it mean I have a Light team I can finally work on with subs I actually have? Most definitely.

14. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    NY Yomi and Light evo of NY Leilan added

15. LordAx

LordAx Juri is waifu <3

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Added Bat and Thouzer from FotNS as inherit options