(WIP) Halloween Xiang Mei!

Discussion in 'Under Evaluation' started by Sherufanir, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Sherufanir

Sherufanir Eschamali unlocked <3

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    This guide was a collab with @Tarrusin and I!
    Huge thinks to him!

Table of Contents:
    1.) Introduction

2.)Play Style

3.) Sub pool overview
    • Orb Changers
    • Board Changers
    • Utility
    • Second Class Heartmakers

4.) Friends List

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Vaedriel and Tarrusin like this.
  2. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Introduction

Crimson Orchid Black Witch, Xiang Mei

As of October 2016, we now have a dark, devil version of the every popular Xiang Mei. I am super excited for her, as I’ve run every devil team that Gungho has released. She feels like the next step in the evolution, and many dark devils are naturally good subs for her.

If you are looking at this guide there’s a good chance you already have Halloween Xiang Mei (HXM / DXM). She is a halloween exclusive after all. Once the halloween event ends you won’t be able to roll or buy her until next year. This guide will serve as a reference and friend finder for those with HXM.

3. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Play Style

I’ll try not to make too many comparisons to standard Xiang Mei (XM) here, but it's worth noting that many of the strategies that XM uses will apply to HXM. At her core HXM is a tanky lead with a powerful burst, fueled by heart orb matches.

HPATKCondition
    2.25x4xDevils
    2.25x36xDevils + 2 heart combos
    2.25x81xDevils + 3 heart combos

As you can see, she has a REALLY good multiplier! Boosted even further by rows! You will, of course, need a lot hearts to make her work smoothly and equal number of dark orbs to really deal good damage… but still. The high HP of HXM really works in your favor, allowing you to strategically take hits and stall for orbs when you need to. If you did take a chunk of damage while stalling, you’ll be able to heal it back while you attack! That’s some pretty great synergy.

4. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    The Subs

As a bare minimum, HXM needs devil subs to really shine. Otherwise her damage is really crippled and she can’t truly take advantage of the HP multiplier she has. Below is a list of recommended subs sorted by function.

Orb Changers

Meticulous Rebellion Akechi

HP: 3128

ATK: 1869
    RCV: 189
    Meticulous Rebellion Akechi is a staple in Dark XM team composition. He provides a double orb change of Fire to Dark and Water to Heart, as well as enhancing Dark Orbs for an extra burst. Akechi packs 4 Dark Rows, 2 Skill Boost, and a Skill Bind Resist, he definitely brings damage to the team.

NOTE: Akechi's active skill combos with Pandoras to make a dark/ heart heavy board.

Cruel Bleak Night Goddess, Pandora / Bleak Night Daughter, Pandora

HP: 3248 | HP: 3048
    ATK: 1474 | ATK: 1484
    RCV: 659 | RCV: 509
    Cruel Bleak Night Goddess, Pandora (otherwise known as Bankai Pandora) is another great double orb changer, that is also a stable to HXM. Bankai Pandora changes Wood to Dark and Light to Heart, as well as enhancing Heart Orbs. She provides excellent RCV (which HXM tends to lack) as well as giving you an empowered heal. Bankai Pandora provides 2 Dark Rows, 2 Skill Boost, Bind Recovery, 2 Time Extends, and finally a two pronged attack. The two time extends are great for the team, since HXM lacks that.

Beach Pandora and Bankai Pandora are very similiar. They have the same active, and pretty similiar stats, granted Bankai Pandora is a bit better in that regard.

NOTE: both of these cards combo with Akechi's active to make a dark/ heart heavy board.

Awoken Pandora

HP: 4148
    ATK: 1474
    RCV: 279
    Awoken Pandora is a lot like her alternative form, Bankai Pandora. She provides the same active skill (Wood to Dark, Light to Heart) but she also carries a haste, which is very important for this team. Awoken Pandora carries with her 3 Dark Rows, a Bind Recory, 2 Skill Boost, a Skill Bind Resist, and a Time Extend.

NOTE: Awoken Pandora combos with Akechi's active skill to make a dark/ heart heavy board.

Hell Eye’s Evil Duchess, Gremory

HP:4602
    ATK:1701
    RCV:600
    Not much to say about Gremory other then shes a hell of a card.She creates 3 darks and 3 hearts, as well as a bind clear. She holds 1 Dark Row, 2 Resist Binds, a Skill Bind Resist, a Time Extend, and a Skill Boost. Shes honestly really strong.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    pad_n00b and Revelate like this.
  5. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Board Changers

NOTE: Currently, all of the board changers for a Halloween Xiang Mei team are collab exclusive

Dark Knight, Cecil

HP: 2798
    ATK: 2003
    RCV: 428
    Dark Knight Cecil, a devil type board changer that creates light, dark, and heart orbs. Hes a rare pull from the Final Fantasy collab, and provides a two-pronged attack, Skill Boost, Skill Bind Resist, and two Time Extends.

Armored Batman

HP: 4515
    ATK: 2003
    RCV: 285
    Much like Cecil, Armored Batman is a devil type board changer, that creates wood, dark, and heart orbs as well as providing a haste. Armored Batman can be pulled from the Batman vs Superman collab, he rocks 2 Dark Rows, a Skill Boost, a Skill Bind Resist, and a Physicall Killer awoken.

Pure-Blooded Demon King, Asmodeus Another

HP:2593
    ATK:1401
    RCV:667
    Pure-Blooded Demon King, Asmodeus Another is in my personal opinion the next best thing if you lack Pandora. She is a devil type board changer, that creates Fire, Water, Wood, Dark and Heart orbs, as well as providing a haste. She has 1 two-pronged attack, a Skill Bind Resist, a Skill Boost, and a Time Extend.

NOTE: She can be combo'd with Akechi's active to create a 2/5 Dark, 2/5 Heart, and 1/5 Wood board.

Utility

Awoken Okuninushi

HP:5145

ATK:1479
    RCV:54
    Awoken Okuninushi is a great start for a utility based card. If you need a bit of time to set up a board and get yourself ready to destroy a floor, look no further then Awoken Okuninushi. While his HP is great, his ATK and RCV can be a bit underwhelming. Its recommended to run the RCV Badge with Awoken Okuninushi.

Hell Eye’s Evil Duchess, Gremory

HP:4602
    ATK:1701
    RCV:600
    Not much to say about Gremory other then shes a hell of a card. She creates 3 darks and 3 hearts, as well as a bind clear. She holds 1 Dark Row, 2 Resist Binds, a Skill Bind Resist, a Time Extend, and a Skill Boost. Shes honestly really strong.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  6. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Second Class Heartmakers

7. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
  8. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
  9. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    reserve

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  10. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Love this so far!! Thanks for setting this up! :heart: :heart: :heart:!!!!

I am planning on buying one after the GF in two days!

I was brainstorming and had these thoughts:
    Anyone without an Akechi could use Beelzebub for Heal+Enhance or A.Yomi for enhance
    Arkham Knight (2140) & A.Okuni for devil delays
    Sheen SI would work with all the TE on the team as well
    A.Loki or Neph for burst
    Ishida SI board changer
    Grape Dragon SI for Hearts + Heal

11. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Its still a very VERY work in progress, as me and @Tarrusin are still working on the layout but i'm trying to get everything down and then make it look pretty! I'll definitely take your SI ideas into consideration :)

Vaedriel likes this.
  12. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Been playing with builds a little bit but haven't tried anything challenging with her yet (so many things to do this event and playing with the shiny new toy named MAthena), and there's definitely plenty of off the beaten path ideas beyond the typical Pandas and Akechis to be tried: saw an idea on Reddit that I'm building towards with 2 HXM's (my alt rolled 3 of her in 19 rolls), a pair of Grisars, and maybe a Z8 for a non-stalling farm loopy dupey hasty team which is pretty far afield from the traditional stack a bunch of dual orb change heart makers on red XM.

Inherits I'll probably do Apoc for that one, but if I were running a bunch of Pandas I'd definitely be putting Ishida on there as you suggest... or if I had dupe Akechis on the team possibly Haku to get to the almighty 2/3 board. Saw one throw A. Loki on there, though the vast majority of my friends list doesn't have an inherit yet, which is a little odd to me considering how many are pentamaxed.

Will say the lack of RCV is pretty much FUD, team heals fine even if it's not the gaudy RCV numbers red XM runs with.

Lots of options yet, unlike old school XM I don't know that there's going to be a one team to rule them all with HXM... there's just so many more options.

13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Add me to the Friends list!! I just got her today. TeeHeeHee

Happy Halloween!!

14. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Will do! :)

15. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    So kind of a small PSA, with the announcement of Final Fantasy Collab coming back around for the release of Final fantasy 15 for Japanese, I can almost bet it will come to NA. Save those stones for Cecil. ;)

16. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Should I invest in HXM/HRozuel/Akechi/HVamp/HThoth&Sopdet(have a dupe, probably gonna use to skill up) or Tsubaki/Red Gob/Red Gob/Sanada/Dantalion?

17. Kyanite

Kyanite Wicked reckless player.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for putting this together. I pulled her from the Halloween REM. Slowly working at leveling and plussing her. I have Akechi and beach Pandora. Should have the "regular REM" Pandora awoken by the end of the week. My last slot is Chester.

Sherufanir and Vaedriel like this.
  18. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    Did you pull a HXM? I remember you were just starting a new play through. I think right now, due to Team Cost factor your best bet is to stick with Tsubaki, until otherwise. When you get to being able to construct and work on your HXM team I'd recommend finding a different card thats not HVamp, he takes away your hearts, and HXM needs those hearts to do any sort of damage.

19. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Yeah, I was honestly considering quitting bc of my schedule (also why my blog is dead) so I just pulled the Halloween Egg Machine and then got HXM so I decided to stay. Friends decided to roll for me 3 times and got Grimrock and fire/dark samurais.

I was considering HVamp bc I could potentially HVamp + heartmaker and, uh, he's the most I can manage lol. But I'll stick to Tsubaki, I'm actually doing quite well with her in descends.

20. Sherufanir

User ID:
    Sheru@PF
    PADherder:
    link
    To activate HXM at all you need hearts, thats why I say HVamp is a bad decision. Heartbreakers on HXM are like working against the team itself. Heartbreakers don't really have a home in the current meta because Heart orbs are so needed.