[WIP Team Building] Dark Knight, Cecil

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Flaycrow, May 23, 2016.

1. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for the add :happy: As you can see, Paladin isn't that bad ;) A few notable and favorable spawns were Sopdet and Venus. Defoud was floor 18. Once I finished him, I crossed my fingers & prayed that DQ Hera didn't show up. She didn't and it was Hera-Is. I made the Kali floor closer than it needed to be. I only used Arthur & Kanna, but it knocked her out of rage mode. An Apocalypse was up & finished the deal. With Paladin, the most stressful part was going from floor 18 to 19 and hoping that I missed DQ Hera. It helps that I have good light cards. I also feel that Kanna with her awakenings and active are almost required to run Paladin for tougher content. If you switch back to D/D, its cool. Like any team, it all comes down to the subs that you have. Thanks again for the add even though I'm not sure if this is the place to post a clear since this guide is for Dark Knight Cecil, not Paladin :smuggrin:
    [​IMG]

RageSedai likes this.
  2. SABERBOT666

SABERBOT666 em-pyei-n vari-fen jang;

User ID:
    359 351 307
    whoever changed flay's cecil to l/d i am extremely offended

3. nataku

nataku Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    My D/D Cecil is 297, but I do have a second one leveled and skilled as Paladin. Might just throw a container on him too, even if I have no idea if I'd actually play him.

RageSedai likes this.
  4. RageSedai

RageSedai Can never decide on a team...

PADherder:
    link
    I drew DQ Hera in my attempt, and had Apoc not been bound from F18 I would've been fine with my 36.2k HP. Dark resists on Fuma, Cecil, and Apoc.

I like Paladin a lot honestly, and I think he's underrated. I ended up pulling a dupe apoc recently, so I think I'll be going with Paladin/BrideSatsuki.Thor/Apoc/Apoc/Bride Izanami.Pollux - Izanami is there for 5 OEA and gives you the dark resist latents to survive shield.

5. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I have to farm some more dark latents, but I agree with you that Paladin is underrated. Other than you, I don't have any other Paladin friends. I like that Paladin isn't orb hungry and damage control is easier than with some other leaders.

RageSedai likes this.
  6. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    One day more will see the Light :)

He's crazy good with a strong team. Even YamaP cleared A2 with him, which is what made him do the FF pulls (supposedly).

7. Reddbeard88

Reddbeard88 Active Member

User ID:
    Likewise. I used him a lot... I have a second max skilled that I could evo into Paladin, but I put so much effort into making my dark team subs.

To you and anyone else who needs a new friend or BF D/D form, I have one up in slot 1 nearly 24/7. Send me an invite
    +297, Apoc inherit with 5 dark res latents

ID is in my profile to the left of here, ign is Reddbeard

8. Sixant789

Sixant789 Member

User ID:
    Sam
    PADherder:
    link
    is there a video of the a2 clear? really curious to see what that was like

9. SABERBOT666

User ID:
    359 351 307
    ya i mean this things actually irredeemable

10. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    I can link a different team doing it later. I don't think yamap made one for his clear.

I'll give it some tries too with my team and report back. I usually use flays paladin for cleats and his apoc inherit should come in handy.

11. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    C37 L10

A2

Paladin Cecil clears.

And folks, we got a brand new BF reset. If you're upset because Flay's Cecil was changed, feel free to BF someone else. I wouldn't be surprised if @Flaycrow would've swapped his Cecil to Paladin anyway with the buffs.

Jph81 likes this.
  12. Reddbeard88

User ID:
    [​IMG]
    Finally cleared Arena 1 with my Cecil team!

The new buffs made the dungeon much easier to handle than before. Had bad luck trying to run it with him in the past, but the added 30% dark res really makes tanking much easier now.

Rage, I understand that you're in control of Flaycrow's account and it's your prerogative how you choose to play, but for those of us who used his Dark Knight Cecil regularly or best friended him specifically for it, having you change it was rather inconvenient. I'm not saying you should change it back or anything, but just listing my frustration.

Also, if you're planning to keep it as a Paladin now, perhaps start a new thread elsewhere. This guide was made for Dark Knight team building and discussion, so posting builds and videos for the light team is somewhat off topic.

Flaycrow likes this.
  13. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    I'm not in control of it per se, but I did request it be changed.

I can gladly continue Paladin Cecil conversations elsewhere, at the time of this thread's creation Paladin Cecil was not even an option as a leader as he was so far behind in terms of DD Cecil. Flay and I were some of the beginner's of this thread back then.

14. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Man, I wish I have an Eschamali. I guess I can use A.Persephone as a poor replacemen.
    What badge are you using? 2s moving? Is this team tanky enough to not take 15% HP badge?

15. Reddbeard88

User ID:
    Rage, if you get the name changed for the thread then feel free to continue posting here. I just thought it confusing for those seeking one team's info or the other right now. I have a second Cecil in Paladin form and his new buffs do make him viable. However my sub pool for him is pretty shallow by comparison.

Vahneo, I actually completely spaced the badge for this team. I just had the default cost+ on it during this run. The team boasts 68% dark resistance with latents, so very tanky against dark spawns. Survivability would be even greater with 15% HP+ on.

EDIT: Just checked and the badge gives me over 30.6k hp, which is awesome!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  16. SABERBOT666

User ID:
    359 351 307
    redd are you gonna stick with dark cecil i'll probably dump my bf at you if you are

17. RageSedai

PADherder:
    link
    My purpose in posting is also to give ideas and options for Cecil in general. I've actually cleared A1 with him in his dark form as well after swapping back to it before going back to Light. So I am glad to also contribute for both.

That being said, if you've got someone who has Cecil and is debating which to go with, I think it's not as instructive to only post about one form.
    @MisterDrgn or some other mod, can you change the thread title to just Cecil and we can foster a discussion about both here?

Jph81 and Reddbeard88 like this.
  18. Reddbeard88

User ID:
    I have 2 different ones so my dark one will be staying dark. I welcome the BF if you want to use it on me.

19. xHaishou

xHaishou Member

I have a hypermaxed D/D Cecil permanently slot 1 (Currently changed to slot 3 because I've been using him so much recently) if anyone needs.

Also, I wish they would release puppeteers for light attr change and dark attr change. Then D/D would be so awesome D=

20. Flaycrow

Flaycrow Unknown Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Naah. Probably not. Not that I have a say in it anymore. But, as a rule dark is better than light... And dark resist is better than auto recover. And wasn't I always chasing massive damage?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Reddbeard88 and SABERBOT666 like this.