[WIP, Team Guide] Norn of the Past, Urd

Discussion in 'Team Guides' started by Seika, Jan 22, 2015.

1. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    Barbarossa seems pretty stellar for Beach Urd users. Probably only so/so for Fire Urd.

The odds are the Norns will follow a similar pattern to the Sonia's, in that they'll get some derivative of the 6 star leader skill adjustment down the road. It'll probably take some time though, since Urd still has a lot of utility as a sub for Shiva and his pet dragon, and especially since water is currently the new hotness thanks to Bamboo.

2. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Awoken Sun Quaaaaaan!! So much updating to do. x.x

3. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    SQ confuses me. Like the Water+Fire thing came out of nowhere and feels like they're trying to make Awoken Hermes relevant.

Like, seriously
    Most orb changers who generate water GET RID OF FIRE. The only water/fire board changers we have are Summurd and Mori, and for those going off color, Haku (chain with Hatsume) and Regulurd (chain with a heartbreaker). So frustrating! I guess Alrescha can be the pseudo board changer, my healer team has gotten along fine without one...but STILL

And his reliance on skill usage. That was fun but now it's just cumbersome. So cumbersome, to have to use actives for full power, especially if you need to burst multiple turns in a row. We only have so many actives we can run through, folks!

It's just such a far cry from his previous leader skills. So far we've seen skills in line with what the card was. Like the Awoken Chinese, Awoken DQXQ, even the Greco-Romans stuck to their roots of tankiness and the Norse similarly and also the Egyptians. But then suddenly, POOF, match water+fire and use skill for max power, like WHAT???

I'm glad I have two SQ I guess but seriously he just feels so poopy to me. And by now the whole triple TPA thing is just old. Old and boring and whenever I see it I feel like the devs had nothing better to think of and so slapped it on to try and look like they cared.

Booo.

MrBoogs and ainvar like this.
  4. jenb

jenb Member

5. shikimikiya

shikimikiya Member

My current lineup is Urd/Shiva/Minerva/Yamato/Cao Cao
    I am looking for a general descend lineup
    Should I switch Shiva to something else? What would be the most ideal sub to replace Shiva?
    Freyr, Ronia, valk?

6. MrBoogs

MrBoogs The Old Man

User ID:
    If Freyr is awoken, he's the ideal choice. Otherwise, stick with Shiva for the time being.

7. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lead with Shiva solo and Cao Cao in co-op. Urd is a sub these days.

Jph81 likes this.
  8. shikimikiya

shikimikiya Member

Can I make a make awoken cacao team with caocao/urd/yamato/ R/L ares /Minvera?

9. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Why not? All he needs is red orbs. 64x is way stronger than Urd. You may need some utility in addition to leader delay for specific dungeons.

10. Jph81

Jph81 Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Of course you can:smuggrin: I use that same team, the only difference is that RGY replaces Ares so I have a bind clearer/utility for the team. I've cleared plenty of dungeons from Extreme Endless, Arena 1, to Ultimate Devil Rush, Descend Challenges and more with that general setup.

11. wrathes

wrathes New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Hellos, I'm slowly starting to resume back to PAD after about a full year of not playing PAD, and I need some tips on my team (Urd).

12. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Lots has changed in the past year. For starters Urd isn't really a leader anymore. Do you have Cao Cao or Kirshna?

13. wrathes

wrathes New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do have CaoCao.
    Also, it would be convenient if you would click on my profile to see the padherder. There should be a good enough info if you're able to see it. Not quite sure if able to see my monsters that i do have. (Confirm that for me if you would)

14. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sorry I don't have time to do this for the next couple of days but you may try asking in the team building section.

15. wrathes

wrathes New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No worries. Thanks though. ^^

16. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    I'm not dead and neither is this guide!! I've been dealing with medical issues and depression (again x.x) and I guess I needed a little break from the game. My boxes are full and I need to go through them..

I have some client work to take care of but I will be updating this guide within the next week so that all subs and leaders are current. Even if Urd isn't really meta anymore. :< I still think she makes a great farming lead and a really nice lead for early and mid-game.

Sky7 and Jph81 like this.
  17. wrathes

wrathes New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Real life hits hard at times, so take your time. I'm thankful that this guide is still recent when I was a guest that looked at this guide often while I was more active of the time.

18. Spencer25

Spencer25 Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    wrathes do you still need some pointers? I was a strong advocater for Urd and now ShivaDragon CaoCao and Krishna.

Sky7 likes this.
  19. wrathes

wrathes New Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have some sort of lead of where I can go and i'm still using my urd team most of the time to farm or beat dgns that I can, although i can still get some more hints. I have a thread I posted in Monster Lineup, so you can post there.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/team-build-options-and-ideas-needed.97997/

20. Seika

Seika Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Ugh, life is kicking my ass. Updates soon, I promise. I just...want to get on track with the things that actually bring in income. I've not forgotten about my guides... I just want to give them the time and attention they deserve. Awoken Krishna may be the new hotness for fire teams but Urd is still worth love in my book~