Would you inherit anything on to Krishna?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Maddog, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Maddog

Maddog Professional Dragon Caller

PADherder:
    link
    I'm thinking Krishna's AS is so good that you don't want anything else getting in it's way. Only 5 turn CD, so just keep it going...
    Got this thought from a comment @Orange Crush made recently, to be fair, but not sure he meant that exactly.

2. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've seen people inherit bi-color boards and gemstones on Krishna.

I'm seriously considering inheriting Ronia #2 on my Krishna.

3. Hansey

Hansey World record holder: Slowest +egg farmer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm torn on that myself. I have lots of Krishna friends who have bi-colors or other board changers on their Krishnas, but there's been more than one time when I wished I had another regular Krishna active available, but my friend lead's inherited skill is up (and I've already used my own).

I worry that if I inherit something on to my own Krishna, I won't have that nice extra red skyfall active when I really want it... though it's hard to say how often it's more useful than a board changer or other red orb maker.

4. Fizzydrink

Fizzydrink My drinks are overly carbonated

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'd say definitely inherit. Krishna's active is not really that amazing. The team is so tanky that in long dungeons you'll almost always be able to stall long enough to have enough fire orbs for the killshot without needing Krishna's base active, and at that point you'd definitely rather have a bi-color active that you've inherited rather than his base. And in short dungeons you just pop his active and never think about the inherit.

5. brouxhaha

brouxhaha Dream Killer

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I prefer a tri-color board with hearts or a dual orb changer with hearts inherited on Krishna. Usually, I use an Urd-inherited friend, I have Urd on mine, and I have and Urd on the team. That gives me two boards to pair with ACC and Sanada if necessary, and a third in case a board is horrible or I need hearts or I need to clear the board. Verdandi is nice too and pairs with Yamato.

mtb911 and Bilerot like this.
  6. PDF3

PDF3 Active Member

Inherit Awoken Ares, Kuvia or red Eschamali to make lotsa orbs for extra violence. Krishna's own skill is a bit too RNG-based to be reliable. It also doesn't do much if you need the orbs NOW instead of the next turn (after being killed).

nickjr and wangatang0830 like this.
  7. Derpinator

Derpinator The Derpiest

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Originally, I thought Krishna relied on his active and that 100% uptime. However, it quickly became obvious that it wasn't reliable at all. On the turn you use the active, it might be useful because the 2 extra orbs could either allow activation or bump you up to full activation, but so could any other orb changer. The skyfall buff was a mixed bag. It either got me a nice board the following turns or just got me a ton of fire skyfall matches and a bad board the next turn, which seemed to be the case more often than not.

So his active itself isn't that good because you need the fire on the board (as opposed to Vishnu on a Bastet team). Since you are so tanky, you can usually afford a long cd inherit so as to have a better active. Inheriting board changer usually gets you a quick kill board for smaller bosses. Tricolor, Norns specifically, are nice for healing and activation, though a bit less reliable for full activation. Double orb changers also work, with Ares and Elgenubi (personal favorite) getting you that skyfall too.

I use Sado myself because it's more reliable as you get 12 orbs, so a row and two 3-orb if you have no other fire orbs. When I choose friends, I rarely pick one without an inherit, usually it's a bicolor or one with Ares/Elgenubi.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    philsov and wangatang0830 like this.
  8. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Not sure what I said but it was probably awesome and insightful.

Anyway, how I actually feel on the subject is, skyfall buffs are amongst the best actives in the game, especially when paired with a color match or combo lead.

They either rack up a bunch of extra combos, or leave you with a board with a tonne of on color orbs. For the times where the skyfalls eat all your on color orbs the whole "Krishna is so tanky that you don't need the skyfalls" argument kind of falls flat since you are sitting on 4 backup actives to keep pushing the damage when RNG is unfavourable, and if they fail you *then* you can rely on tanking.

Skyfalls effectively let you push back on having to worry about being tanky for much longer.

That said, I run Sarasvati, Krishna and Cecil quite often, and I find Saras and Cecil have enough on hand hastes to use a single skyfall lead to keep the train running, but Krishna doesn't get that benefit making Krishna kind of the worst of the bunch to inherit over. But in a scrub whose afraid to run Arena so what do I know.

Marr and Shinigami Yuki like this.
  9. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

Honestly I think Krishna's AS is pretty bad for his team. The problem is Krishna is very orb hungry for today's standard, and his AS is not enough to fix the problem. For a row team, usually more 'big orb changers' are preferred, hence if you have the chance to try either one of: Revo Pandora, Revo Astaroth, Meridionalis x Ryune, I can guarantee those teams play smoother than Krishna.

Also when you're doing hard dungeons, if you activate Krishna it automatically means you can't stall for the next three turns. If you try to stall with skyfall buff on, you will be very prone to say, skyfall enemies to rage zone or overshooting damage nullify/absorb. For this reason I pretty much never use Krishna's AS in arena.

The best place for skyfall buff to shine is with no skyfall leaders. It is very satisfy to see pre-matched blobs on board if you manage to clear most of the board, and you won't have issues with skyfall trolling.

When I run Krishna I prefer having a bicolour board (Ronia/Mori) on one leader and Silk on the other, and I always leave Krishna to charge for the assist skill only.

10. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Inherit Fujin if you want to be super popular with your friends. She'll soon be a staple (as an inherit) on every single endgame team in a few months.

I have an Elgenubi inherited onto three different members of my Yamamoto speed-farming team.

The Eschamali/Scheat sisters are amazing. They eradicate bad orbs, give you a kill-board and offer four turns of skyfall all on an extremely reasonable cooldown.

PDF3 likes this.
  11. Maddog

PADherder:
    link
    A lot of good ideas here! I should say that I more often use Krishna as a sub on a Shiva team, rather than a lead. The skyfall is really good for that. But I am using him as a lead too, trying to decide if I like him as a lead better. Probably just need to practice more and make sure I have the right team members.

If I were to use him as a lead more, I would definitely inherit board changer, but as a Shiva sub, not quite sure...
    probably still I guess.

12. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Halloween Xiang Mei Fan Club

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Skyfall buffs are only reliable on no skyfall teams like Meri. Pop an active like Beach Escha and you can almost completely count on free boards for the next few floors if you can clear the current board. Popping Krishna or Ares isn't nearly as consistent a proposition. Board changes have a higher rate of success in getting me the combos I need to activate in my experience playing Sarasvati and Krishna. I would just inherit.

13. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have DL Hades inherited on my Noctis. When I run a Noctis team, I like bringing along a Noctis friend without an inherit. Then I'll always have the option to use Noctis's active when I want to while still being able to charge up the gravity I have on Noctis.

Maybe it's a similar situation for Krishna: bring along one with an inherit and one without an inherit so that you always have the option to use Krishna's active if you want to while still being able to charge up something like a board change inherit on the other Krishna.

I don't play Krishna so I don't know

14. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I put Ronia on mine. Her CD is long enough that it wont be an issue and it serves as a SDR.

15. Reine

Reine Ham hands

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    This. This series is just great for inherits. Scheat is great for Meri and I've had Australis on A. Astaroth forever.

nickjr likes this.
  16. stratataisen

stratataisen Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have Antares inherited on to my Krishna for right now. It's come in handy on getting rid of poisons and jammers. However, I only have Urd and Yukimura for heart makers on my main account, so I may look into getting another heart maker SI'd for emergencies.

17. Bilerot

Bilerot Member

User ID:
    I can´t agree more, thats exactly how I do it, too.

18. »Çhâsé«@PG

»Çhâsé«@PG Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I use Ilmina for the true damage + board. Use Elgenubi on my alt because her skill is flat out better than krishnas. Awoken ares is also better imo. Other than them board changes as others have mentioned

19. Maddog

PADherder:
    link
    Anybody think Barbara would be a good inherit? Don't really have a spare tri color changer with hearts, our a dual orb changer with hearts, which is a great idea, but Barbara might work, though not red as main color...

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  20. Maddog

PADherder:
    link