Elden Ring Smithing Stones – (Image credit: Tyler C. / FromSoftware) Smithing Stones are used to upgrade normal weapons up to +25. There are eight levels of Smithing Stones and each one will raise your weapon level in increments of three. Here’s are all of the different Smithing Stones:
- Smithing Stone (1): Reinforce armaments up to +3
- Smithing Stone (2): Reinforce armaments up to +6
- Smithing Stone (3): Reinforce armaments up to +9
- Smithing Stone (4): Reinforce armaments up to +12
- Smithing Stone (5): Reinforce armaments up to +15
- Smithing Stone (6): Reinforce armaments up to +18
- Smithing Stone (7): Reinforce armaments up to +21
- Smithing Stone (8): Reinforce armaments up to +24
- Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone: Reinforce armaments up to +25
The cost of each Smithing Stone level increases by two each time. This means to fully upgrade a weapon, you need twelve of each type ranging from (1) to (8). For the Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone, you just need a single one. You can find Smithing Stones throughout the game, though they are usually plentiful in ‘tunnel’ dungeons.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (1): Unlocks Smithing Stone (1) and Smithing Stone (2). Defeat the Crystalian boss in the Raya Lucaria Tunnel dungeon in Liurnia.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (2): Unlocks Smithing Stone (3) and Smithing Stone (4). Found in a chest guarded by a Vulgar Militiaman in the Sealed Tunnel in the Leyndell moat.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (3): Unlocks Smithing Stone (5) and Smithing Stone (6). Found in a chest in the cellar of the Zamor Ruins in the West Mountaintops of the Giants.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (4): Unlocks Smithing Stone (7) and Smithing Stone (8). Dropped by the Godskin duo boss in Farum Azula.
Can you farm Smithing Stones Elden Ring?
Somber Smithing Stone farming locations – Like the regular Smithing Stone Bell Bearings, the Somberstone versions are usually found in late-game areas and you might need some Somber Smithing Stones earlier in your adventure. Though they drop very rarely, you are able to farm or retrieve some of the lower-level Somber Smithing Stones earlier in the game.
- Somber Smithing Stones (1) & (2): This isn’t technically farming, since you don’t need to kill anything, but you can purchase infinite Somber Smithing Stones (1) & (2) from Smithing Master Iji at the Kingsrealm Ruins.
- Somber Smithing Stones (3), (4), and (5): Rarely dropped by the Glintstone Miners in Sellia Crystal Tunnel, a mine found northwest of Sellia, Town of Sorcery.
It seems that you can’t farm Somber Smithing Stones (6) and above at this time, but you will find them as loot in late-game areas. If you want to get unlimited amounts, you’ll need to find the Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearings as mentioned above.
View complete answer
Where can I get more Smithing Stones Elden Ring?
This page includes instructions on where you can find Smithing Stones to improve your weapons, Since this is one of the primary ways of increasing your damage (making it potentially even more vital than leveling up), you’ll be using tons of these in your time in the Lands Between.
Advertisement In Elden Ring, leveling up your character to increase your attributes and stats will only get you so far. Whether you favor strength, magic, health, or endurance – you’ll still need a good weapon or catalyst, and you can increase the potency, damage, and how well it scales with your own stats by using Smithing Stones at a Smithing Table or with a Master Smith.
Smithing Stones come in two main types – Regular, and Somber, and have several ranks. Level 1 Smithing Stones can increase your weapon to a +3 effect, while higher ranking stones will allow you to strengthen your weaposn further. Certain weapons that have special properties or unique weapon skills that cannot be swapped out require Somber Smithing Stones instead.
- Often times, if you feel you aren’t making a dent on a tough enemy or boss, you may need to seek out Smithing Stones to increase your damage output and defeat these challenges.
- Smithing Stones (and Somber Smithing Stones) are found literally all over the Lands Between.
- They are primarily found on random humanoid bodies you can loot all over the open world, inside mini dungeons, off the beaten path in Legacy Dungeons, and everywhere else.
You’ll usually find appropriately leveled Smithings Stones relative to the difficulty of the area you are in – sometimes a bit higher, and sometimes a bit lower but in greater quantities. However, Smithing Stones found on placed bodies can only be looted once.
Similarly, you can also look for both Smithing Stones and Somber Smithing Stones in tunnel mines that double as mini dungeons. When inside these ares, you’ll often find enemy diggers hard at work mining, and you can interact with the golden clumps of ore along the walls to loot Smithing Stones, or loot the glowing white ore to get Somber Smithing Stones.
A few examples of tunnels that hold stones include:
Limgrave Tunnels – Contains Smithing Stone 1 Morne Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 1 Raya Lucaria Crystal Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 2 Ruin-Strewn Precipice – Contains Smithing Stone 4 Gael Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 4 Sellia Crystal Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 5 Altus Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 5 Old Altus Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 5 Yelough Anix Tunnel – Contains Smithing Stone 8
Where can I buy plus 5 Smithing Stones Elden Ring?
Underneath The Zamor Ruins – The Zamor Ruins is found almost immediately upon entering the Mountaintops of Giants. From the grace where players meet Shabriri, the Zamor Ruins are directly in the way of progressing through the Mountaintops of Giants. The stairs that lead players to the chest under the Zamor Ruins are found in the back corner marked with a torch, though avoiding the Ancient Heroes of Zamor is easier said than done.
- After obtaining the Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing 3 from this chest, head to Elden Ring ‘s Roundtable Hold and offer it to the Twin Maiden Husks.
- After this, the Elden Ring Smithing Stone 5 and 6 Bell Bearing should add these Stones to their inventory.
- It they don’t show up and you’re worrying about where to buy Smithing Stone 5 and 6 elsewhere, try simply resting at a Site of Grace and checking again.
Elden Ring is available for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. MORE: Complete Guide To Elden Ring: Weapons, Tips, Tricks, Bosses, & Builds
View complete answer
Where to farm level 7 Smithing Stones?
Elden Ring: Where to Find and Farm Somber Smithing Stone (7), Somber Smithing Stone (8), and Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing – The good news is that there is a Bell Bearing that lets you purchase Somber Smithing Stones 7 and 8 whenever you’d like. The bad news is that you shouldn’t expect to receive it for quite some time.
- You can find Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing on a body right by the Tempest Facing Balcony Site of Grace in Crumbling Farum Azula.
- You will reach this area as part of the main story but not until very late in the game.
- That’s obviously bad news for anyone looking to make absurdly powerful special weapons before then.
If you need some of these stones before then, you can find some Somber Smithing Stone 7s in the Eternal City and on mobs in Lyndell, Royal Capital. There are also a couple floating out in the wild. This guide should help you find those. Somber Smithing Stone 8 is a little trickier to locate.
View complete answer
Who drops smithing stone 6?
Smithing Stone Elden Ring Guide –
- Used in smithing to strengthen armaments. Specifically up to +18.
- At a smithing table, you can spend Runes and Smithing Stones to strengthen your armaments.
- Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing (3) can be obtained at Zamor Ruins in Mountaintops of Giants, It enables buying Smithing Stone from Twin Maiden Husks at the Roundtable for 1500 runes.