Playing coop multiplayer with friends in Elden Ring – (Image credit: FromSoftware) To play Elden Ring multiplayer with friends, players will need to jump through a few hoops first, as coop has its own limitations to set up. Elden Ring online multiplayer has one player act as a “Host of Fingers,” and everybody else then joins their world as a phantom player, effectively assisting the host with whatever it is they’re doing.
- To play with friends, you’ll both need internet connections on your consoles/computers (and whatever subscription service you need for online play, such as PS Plus).
- Once you do so, you both then need to open the game menu and scroll down to “Multiplayer”.
- Once there, select “Settings” and enter a Multiplayer Password. It can be anything, but as long as you and your friends both enter it correctly and it matches, that’s all that matters. These passwords effectively ensure that you’ll only see each other, not the millions of other players.
- Now this is done, any person who isn’t going to be the host should use a special item marked in the multiplayer menu called the Small Golden Effigy. Aka, everybody except the person who needs help with a boss fight or difficult area should do this. This will prompt a message that says “Sending Co-op sign to summoning pool”.
- If you don’t have the Small Golden Effigy, head back to the very first area just outside the Stranded Graveyard, looking down at the Tree Sentinel. It’ll be there leaning against the area’s Martyr Effigy. Speaking of which
- The person who is the host then needs to find a small statue called a Martyr Effigy, specifically in the area they need help with. These are small, common statues with arms outstretched, usually found at the entrances to dungeons or outside boss arenas.
- Interact with it to open the summoning pool, revealing a symbol that’ll allow you to summon your friends who have used the Small Golden Effigy with matching passwords. You should now be able to bring them in!
How do you play Elden Ring multiplayer mod?
How to Download & Install the Seamless Co-Op Mod in Elden Ring – To download this mod, players must first head to the Nexusmods official website and create an account, or log in if they already possess one. Then, use the search bar to look for the ” Seamless Co-Op ” mod and choose manual download. Next, select the “Slow Download” option to download the mod for free and then navigate to wherever it is located on the computer and open it.
This will require players to have file archiver software installed such as Winrar or 7zip. After opening the package file, move the “SeamlessCoop” folder and the “launch_elden_ring_seamlesscoop” executable file to where the game is installed. To find this folder, players can head to the Steam library, right-click on Elden Ring and select Manage and Browse Local Files.
After that, find the ” cooppassword.ini ” file inside the ” SeamlessCoop ” folder and edit it to select a password. This password is what allows players to seamlessly Co-Op in Elden Ring and therefore should be somewhat complex to avoid unintended people from joining the session.
Everyone in the group that intends to play together must install the mod and change the “cooppassword.ini” file to the same password. After that, just double-click on ” launch_elden_ring_seamless_coop.exe ” to start the game and enjoy the companionship while exploring the fantastic world of Elden Ring,
How To Co Op In Elden Ring
Next: Elden Ring: Complete Walkthrough, Boss Strategies & Build Guides Elden Ring is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC.
View complete answer
How do you summon friends in Elden Ring?
Elden Ring co-op: how to summon friends – (Image credit: Future) Now that you have everything you need to summon, it’s time to understand how summoning signs and summoning pools work. Summon signs work like in previous games. When you use a Furlcalling Finger Remedy, you can see the summon signs laid down by players in your area.
Conversely, by using the Tarnished’s Furled Finger, you can place your sign down in a location you think will be useful. Elden Ring has a new addition too – the summoning pool. These are marked by Martyr Effigies found within dungeons and near bosses in the world. Activate the effigy to use your Small Golden Effigy and send your summon sign to the pool.
It will appear near whichever summoning pool you have just activated, as well as other ones in the area. This makes the new feature a quick, reliable way to get into a multiplayer game with anyone. The way to guarantee you play with your friends in Elden Ring is to use Multiplayer Passwords.
Wanting to get into Elden Ring multiplayer mode? Learn how crossplay works.
Can you play entire Elden Ring co op?
You Can Now Play The Entirety Of ‘Elden Ring’ In Co-Op Mode can be a frustrating game. There’s nothing quite like the feeling when you finally defeat a boss but to reach that point, it can be a long and arduous journey that really chips away at your ol’ Tarnished soul.
- One way to make Elden Ring way more fun is by playing online co-op.
- Available since launch, Elden Ring ‘s co-op mode is good but it could be better.
- You can currently only team up with your pals in certain areas, but the highly-anticipated ‘Seamless Co-op’ Elden Ring mod is about to change that.
- This Elden Ring boss battle royale is incredible.
Take a look below. Creator LukeYui’s allows you to play the entirety of Elden Ring with up to three fellow players, which means you can conquer the Lands Between hand in hand with your besties. Isn’t that nice? The mod essentially places no restrictions on the abilities of co-op mode.
If a player dies, they will respawn in the same world, and defeating bosses no longer sends co-op players ‘home.’ All fog wall barriers are removed by the mod and all players can use Torrent concurrently. LukeYui also notes that game progression events completed in the modded online play also progress the game in your own single-player world.
As LukeYui states, “Players are free to explore the entire game map together and may split up if they wish.” How good does that sound? I immediately have a strong urge to replay the entirety of Elden Ring with my mates. It just sounds like more fun. The mod is completely free and available to download right now,
- LukeYui does warn though that this is a beta so there may be a few bugs yet to be worked out.
- He wrote, ” Elden Ring is a huge game and testing every possible route/combination a party might take through the game is impossible.
- The purpose of the beta is to pool resources, get as much information as possible, and fix bugs as they arise.
Updates to address bugs will be frequent.” I have a feeling that this is going to be a hugely popular mod. : You Can Now Play The Entirety Of ‘Elden Ring’ In Co-Op Mode
View complete answer
How do summoning pools work?
How do summoning pools work in Elden Ring? Elden Ring is tough. Most boss fights require multiple tries, and even regular enemies can be a significant challenge. There are dozens of weapons and items to help even the fight, but sometimes summoning a teammate is the only chance for success. But you have to understand how summoning pools work in Elden Ring if you want assistance.
Summoning pool statues can be found throughout the Lands Between. They’re typically found outside of dungeons and boss areas and must be activated before you can use them. All you need to do is approach the statue and press the button that appears on the screen to activate it. You’ll also need a Furlcalling Finger Remedy to use the summoning pool, which can be crafted with two Erdleaf Flowers or acquired by defeating invading players.
Use the Furlcalling Finger Remedy in front of a Summoning Pool to show all of the active player summons in the area. You can select any of the golden messages on the floor to summon a friendly player to help you in battle. The player will be with you until they die or you’re defeated.
- They also disappear after you beat a boss or dungeon.
- You can also summon players through red messages, although these are players looking for PVP fights.
- Make sure to activate any summoning pool you encounter in case you need extra help.
- There is no shame in asking for assistance, especially in a challenging game like Elden Ring,
: How do summoning pools work in Elden Ring?
View complete answer
Is multiplayer easy in Elden Ring?
How summoning works in Elden Ring explained – The online component of Elden Ring is a bit tricky. If you’ve played any Soulsborne games before you may know what to expect already – while there is a bigger focus on multiplayer, it remains a tad enigmatic still. There are multiple items to use, and you can access them easily from the pause menu – multiplayer. The main Elden Ring summoning items list can be found below:
Furlcalling Finger Remedy : This allows you to see summon signs in the world – you can then interact with said summon sign and invite a player, either to join forces or battle against you Finger Severer : Used to remove a summoned player from your session Tarnished’s Furled Finger : Leaves a gold summon sign to play co-op multiplayer – other players will be able to invite you to their session by interacting with this sign on their end Duelist’s Furled Finger : Works as the Tarnished’s Furled Finger, but it’s meant for competitive multiplayer – it leaves a red summon sign Bloody Finger : Used to invade another player’s session Blue Cipher Ring : Puts you in a waiting state – if another player asks for help, you’ll be summoned as a hunter to help during invasions White Cipher Ring : Does the opposite of the Blue Cipher Ring, allowing you to send a request so any available players can help you during invasions
It seems complicated, but honestly, you only need to worry about a couple of them if you’re solely interested in regular multiplayer. One thing to note during summons is that there is always a certain purpose for your visits, and once that is fulfilled, you’ll be back on your game. You’re free to return afterwards, but that means using another item. During regular co-op, the multiplayer session will end if you die in battle or if you defeat the boss in that area. During invasions and competitive play, as expected, it’s a defeat or be defeated type of scenario. But if your sole interest is to play Elden Ring with friends, you can jump to our next section for an easy explainer.
- Once you have settled on a starting class and starting Keepsake item, you should first work out how to level up, how to respec and use Ashes of War,
- Need some direction from there? Our Elden Ring walkthrough and Elden Ring boss order can help with where to go next, but we also recommend hunting down Golden Seeds, Sacred Tears, Crystal Tears, Talismans and some of our best weapon and best armor choices.
If you are approaching the end game, we can help with the Volcano Manor quest and Rykard, Haligtree Secret Medallion locations, solving the Ordina, Liturgical Town puzzle, the Millicent quest, Commander Niall, Morgott, Godskin Duo, Maliketh and Malenia,
View complete answer
Is Elden Ring worth it for multiplayer?
Conclusion – So finally, we can say that Elden Ring multiplayer will be more complicated than it seems, but it is definitely worth your time. From an overall aspect, the game is filled up with so many unique concepts, and it doesn’t even diminish your interest at all. So Elden Ring is a worthy shot for you and fair to identify as a great game.
View complete answer