Purchasable Larval Tears – There are two Larval Tears available for purchase in the game:
The first is available from Pidia, a merchant that you can find inside Caria Manor, To reach Pidia, you need to first complete the area, beating Royal Knight Loretta, Head outside her boss arena, head directly to the left, and use the platforms to drop down into a new area of the Manor. The second is available from the Nomadic Merchant, who sets up shop in Siofra River, near the brazier puzzle. To get to him, you’ll need to climb the scaffolding in the middle of the area and platform over to the nearby connected caves. You’ll hear the merchant before you see him, probably.
Both Larval Tears cost 3,000 runes to purchase.
View complete answer
Where can I farm lava tears?
Where to get Larval Tears in Elden Ring – Larval Tears do not drop from normal enemies, meaning that there is a limited supply in a given game. The best place to look for Larval Tears in Elden Ring is the underground cities accessible after defeating General Radahn. If you want to find a Larval Tear as quickly as possible, there’s actually one right near the start of the game. Fast travel to Lake Agheel South and head east up the ridge to find a lowly and helpless aristocrat. Give it a smack to discover that it’s actually a rune bear in disguise.
View complete answer
Where is the easy Larval Tear Elden Ring?
If you’re in need of a respec, then you’re going to need to know where the Elden Ring Larval Tear locations are in FromSoftware’s hit role-playing game. Elden Ring is a large game. In fact, the game’s map size is so big that it blew us away when we first started playing it.
- By the time you get 40% of the way through the story, you’ll have undoubtedly invested a number of points into your class and stats while levelling up in Elden Ring,
- However, there’s a good chance you’ll come up against one of the Elden Ring bosses that is a bad match for your build.
- Luckily, Elden Ring does offer up the option to allow you to respec in the game, changing your stats to fit your new playstyle or build.
But, in typical FromSoftware fashion, in order to do that, you will need to find Larval Tears, which are rare key items scattered throughout The Lands Between. But, instead of you having to find them yourselves, we’ve done the hard work for you. Here are all the Elden Ring Larval Tear locations we’ve found.
Limgrave Larvel Tear locations Liurnia of the Lakes Larval Tear locations Caelid Larval Tear locations Siofra River Larval Tear locations Nokron, Eternal City Larval Tear locations
Are larval tears rare Elden Ring?
All Larval Tear locations in Elden Ring – (Image credit: FromSoftware) Larval Tears in Elden Ring are pretty rare, with a total of 18 to be found all across Elden Ring (though some are found in the same location) and no way to farm them, at least that has been discovered yet. We’ve listed all the known Larval Tears below, in the rough order that players are likely to discover them (though your own experiences may differ).
- East of Agheel Lake South Site of Grace is a soldier who turns into a bear when attacked. Kill him to get a Larval Tear. (Limgrave)
- South of the Caelid Highway South Site of Grace is a soldier who turns into a troll when attacked. Kill the troll to get the Larval Tear. (Caelid)
- There’s a Larval Tear in the graveyard of the Village of the Albinaurics, South of the Academy. (Liurnia)
- There’s a Giant Lobster that turns out to be a Grafted Scion when attacked, East of the Rose Church, which is on the island South of the Raya Lucaria Academy. Kill the Scion to get the Larval Tear. (Liurnia)
- Find the Resurrection Painting in the Artist’s Shack Northeast of Caria Study Hall, which’ll trigger a ghostly NPC to appear in the Graveyard East of Caria Manor, sitting in a chair. Interact with them to get Larval Tear and Scholar’s clothes. You need to kill Royal Knight Loretta to reach this area. (Liurnia)
- Pidia, Carian Servant is a merchant on the cliffs Southeast of the Three Sisters. Drop down to him and he’ll sell you a Larval Tear for 3000 Runes. (Liurnia)
- The Nomadic Merchant in the underground ruins of the Siofra River will sell you a Larval Tear for 3000 Runes. (Siofra)
- The Woodfolk Ruins east of the Minor Erdtree has a cowering soldier inside who turns into a scythe lion when hurt. Kill the lion to get the Larval Tear. (Altus Plateau)
- Two Larval Tears are dropped by the Mimic Tear boss fight at the start of the Nokron area. (Nokron)
- Southeast of Nokron, the Eternal City Site of Grace is a corpse in a stone mausoleum with a Larval Tear on it. (Nokron)
- On a corpse in the Gazebo at the entrance to Nokron, though slimes will drop on you when you pick it up. (Nokron)
- The giant silver ball that attacks you in Night’s Sacred Ground drops a Larval Tear when killed. (Nokron)
- East from the Road of Inequities Site of Grace will be a ruined soldier camp with a burnt undead, that turns into one of the Wormface enemies when damaged. Kill the Wormface to get a Larval Tear. (Mt. Gelmir)
- There are three more aggressive giant silver balls in Nokstella’s city area that all drop Larval Tears when slain. (Nokstella)
- Southeast of the Inner Consecrated Snowfield Site of Grace is a figure half-buried in snow between two other aggressive soldiers, one holding a fiery torch. The half-buried figure turns into a bear when attacked. Kill the bear for the Larval Tear. (Consecrated Snowfield)
Clearly Larval Tears are rare enough that you should be very careful about respecs – make sure you want to commit to one, and that you’re happy with the result. If the difference between you and the build you want is only a few levels, it might be worth simply checking out our Elden Ring Rune farming locations and levelling up the stats you need instead.
- Get the best gaming deals, reviews, product advice, competitions, unmissable gaming news and more! Joel Franey is a writer, journalist, podcaster and raconteur with a Masters from Sussex University, none of which has actually equipped him for anything in real life.
- As a result he chooses to spend most of his time playing video games, reading old books and ingesting chemically-risky levels of caffeine.
He is a firm believer that the vast majority of games would be improved by adding a grappling hook, and if they already have one, they should probably add another just to be safe. You can find old work of his at USgamer, Gfinity, Eurogamer and more besides.
Leon Hurley Senior Guides Co-ordinator
What happens if you use a Larval Tear to accept rebirth?
Rebirth (respec your character) – With the Great Rune of the Unborn in hand, return to Rennala and speak with her. Choose the Rebirth option from her menu. You’re required to use a Larval Tear to be reborn. Doing so means all of your stats are reset to the baseline of your class and you get to reassign them as you see fit. Larval Tear item description. Image: FromSoftware/Bandai Namco via Polygon Larval Tears aren’t a very common item, though, so let’s talk about where you’ll find them. There are only a few places to find Larval Tears and there’s an excellent chance you won’t have found one by the time you reach Renalla.
View complete answer