Finding and using the shortcut to Liurnia of the Lakes – From the Stormhill Shack Site of Grace, head directly north up the road. To your left is the pathway to fight Margit the Fell and gain entrance to Stormveil Castle, but you want to continue north under the archway ahead.
- Follow this path to reach Liurnia of the Lakes.
- Shortly after passing under the archway, you’ll come across a bridge ahead.
- Cross it until you see an item at the end, then glance down to see that there is rubble down below.
- Drop off here and follow the crumbled bridge down a bit.
- Once you do, head slightly left and up to find a passageway that goes to the right against the side of the cliff.
Follow this long and winding cliffside passage while being careful not to accidentally fall off to your death. Along the way, you’ll encounter multiple packs of wolves, so be prepared to either fight them in a risky setting or simply use your stead to rush past them.
You’ll eventually emerge out of some dense woods into an open plain where you’ll see the Lake-Facing Cliffs Site of Grace. Congratulations, you’ve bypassed Stormveil Castle for now and have found yourself in Liurnia of the Lakes proper. You can now set off and explore the magical water-based area and discover its many, many secrets.
Check out our for more help with the rest of the game! The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors. GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site. : Elden Ring Shortcut: How To Skip The First Main Boss And Reach Liurnia Of The Lakes
View complete answer
- 1 What level should you be for Stormveil?
- 2 Can you skip Margit?
- 3 Is Soldier of godrick optional?
- 4 Can Margit fall off?
- 5 Can you get into Stormveil Castle without beating Margit?
What level should you be for Stormveil?
Stormveil Castle is the home of an Elden Ring Shardbearer called Godrick the Grafted. Godrick can be found in the northern section of the building. Before meeting him, players should go through Stormveil Castle and maybe collect items along the way. The recommended level to fight Godrick is between 30 and 40, as there are plenty of mini-bosses and strong foes in this Legacy Dungeon.
- Unfortunately, Tarnished aren’t allowed to use Torrent, the Spirit Horse, while exploring Stormveil Castle in Elden Ring,
- But luckily, there are a few tips players can utilize to complete the Castle.
- Updated on July 23, 2022, by Nahda Nabiilah: Stormveil Castle serves as a key location for every Tarnished, as it grants them many useful items that’ll help in the journey of becoming the Elden Lord.
Players can get better equipment and Elden Ring Armor, as well as save up some Runes to be able to level up. The castle is located in Limgrave, which is the first area Elden Ring players get thrown into after finishing the tutorial boss. However, it’s important to first clear out Margit the Fell Omen, who’s blocking Stormveil’s gate, or Tarnished can follow a simple method to skip the whole castle altogether.
View complete answer
Can you skip Margit?
What level I should fight Margit? – The recommended level for Margit the Fell Omen is at least 20, ideally 25+. You should also use weapons of +3 or more.
View complete answer
What level can you go to Liurnia?
Best Route & Boss Order In Elden Ring –
|Area||Recommended Weapon & Character Level|
|West Limgrave||The recommended level for this area is between 1 to 10. The recommended weapon level is 0 to +1.|
|East Limgrave & Mistwood||The recommended level for this area is between 5 to 10. The recommended weapon level is 1 to +2.|
|Weeping Peninsula||The recommended level for this area is between 1 to 20. The recommended weapon level is 3+.|
|Stormveil Castle||The recommended level for this area is between 30 to 40. The recommended weapon level is +3 to +4.|
|Liurnia of the Lakes South||The recommended level for this area is between 40 to 50. The recommended weapon level is +3 to +4.|
|Raya Lucaria Academy||The recommended level for this area is between 50 to 60. The recommended weapon level is +4 to +5.|
|Liurnia of the Lakes East||The recommended level for this area is between 50 to 60. The recommended weapon level is +4 to +5.|
|Ainsel River (Underground)||The recommended level for this area is between 50 to 60. The recommended weapon level is +4 to +6|
|Liurnia of the Lakes West||The recommended level for this area is between 60 to 70. The recommended weapon level is +8 to +12|
|Siofra River (Underground)||The recommended level for this area is 60+. The recommended weapon level is +8 to +12|
|Caelid South||The recommended level for this area is 60+. The recommended weapon level is +8 to +12|
|Nokron, Eternal City & Siofra Aqueducts||The recommended level for this area is 70+. The recommended weapon level is +15 to +20|
|Deeprot Depths, Eternal City & Siofra Aqueducts||The recommended level for this area is 70+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Lake of Rot, Nokstella & Liurnia West Special||The recommended level for this area isThe recommended level for this area is 80+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Mt Gelmir||The recommended level for this area is 80+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Leyndell, Royal Capital||The recommended level for this area is 80+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Forbidden Lands||The recommended level for this area is 90+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Mountaintops of the Giants||The recommended level for this area is 90+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Consecrated Snowfield||The recommended level for this area is 90+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Mohgwyn Castle||The recommended level for this area is between 100+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Miqeulla’s Halligtree||The recommended level for this area is 100+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Crumbling Farum Azula||The recommended level for this area is 100+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|City of Ash||The recommended level for this area is 100+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
|Sewers||The recommended level for this area is 100+. The recommended weapon level is +20 to +25|
Just like the areas, you can take on the bosses in any order you feel like as well. Since there are over 200 bosses in Elden Ring, we have just included the ones who are absolutely necessary to progress in the game. Players should be able to other world bosses without much hassle if they have the recommended level for the respective region.
Margit, the Fell Omen Godrick the Grafted Red Wolf of Radagon Rennala, Queen of the Full Moon Morgott, the Omen King Fire Giant Maliketh, the Black Blade Godfrey, First Elden Lord Radagon of the Golden Order Elden Beast
Is Soldier of godrick optional?
I ain’t losing this time, Soldier of Godrick! Image: FromSoftware Elden Ring is full of captivating enemies, many of them awe-inspiring and grotesque. Malenia and Radahn are obvious examples of formidable foes in the Lands Between that players have fallen in love with, but there’s another, more humble enemy roaming around Limgrave that has somehow captured the hearts of the game’s community.
- It’s the first optional boss, a soldier so bland and unassuming you probably forgot all about him by now.
- But to some players, the Soldier of Godrick is much more than just some random dude who gives you a rough-and-tumble lesson in Elden Ring ‘s combat mechanics at the start of your journey as a wretched Tarnished.
Buoyed by the ardent affection of his followers, this brave warrior has become a meme, with some players jokingly calling him the hardest boss ever and one in particular invading others’ games dressed up as him. The Soldier of Godrick is an optional boss you can encounter after getting wrecked by the spider-like Grafted Scion once you start Elden Ring,
You fight him at the end of the Stranded Graveyard, a tutorial dungeon players were skipping so much FromSoftware had to patch in a pop-up message pointing to it. He’s not that hard. Serving as the game’s introductory boss battle, he’s slow, has lots of telegraphed attacks, and isn’t as aggressive or relentless as other enemies— like those stupid imps,
Still, this is a FromSoft game. Anything can cleave you in half if you’re not paying attention, which is what happened to one player who got whooped by him for over an hour. While a few players were already Soldier of Godrick groupies, this video seemingly stoked the tiny flame of adoration and memeification within the community into a blazing fire.
- In an April 10 video uploaded by Souls YouTuber Amazing Chest, he featured the results of a contest in which he’d challenged Elden Ring stans to kill as many bosses as possible in one single hour for a $2500 grand prize.
- One submission he received, from a player named YungBreezyGawd, was particularly unusual.
This player spent the entire allotted hour battling—and ultimately defeating—the Soldier of Godrick as a Wretch, one of the game’s most difficult starting classes because of its weak gear and stats. It was a hilariously odd fight. Amazing Chest estimated that the Soldier of Godrick stomped YungBreezyGawd at least 60 times, and wasn’t sure whether the player was trolling him or not, but included the submission anyway because he thought YungBreezyGawd’s heroic struggle was “inspiring.” Little did Amazing Chest know that his video, and YungBreezyGawd’s submission in particular, would galvanize the fanbase around the noble knight who’s just trying to teach you some basics.
- I’m still not entirely sure if I was being trolled or not? But I really liked submission because I feel like it represents everything stands for,” Amazing Chest told Kotaku,
- And that’s a big part of the reason I got into FromSoftware’s games myself.
- Trying over and over again despite constant setbacks.
Pushing forward even though you’re this tiny force in a huge world full of monsters 10 times your size. It’s really inspiring stuff, even if it is a meme now.” Since Amazing Chest’s video—and even a few days before it was uploaded —the Elden Ring fanbase has been championing and memeing the Soldier of Godrick.
- From calling him the hardest boss that totally needs a nerf to seeing how he stacks up against significantly tougher enemies, the community has fallen head over heels for the humble tutorial warrior.
- There were veteran players, like Souls badass Ongbal who’s known for flawlessly crushing FromSoft jerks, getting their shit rocked by the Soldier of Godrick,
A few had shared their restrictive, “no-hit” runs against him. Some have even asked for help, claiming they couldn’t beat him after 10 hours, But none took their obsession as far as PlayerPhase, a player who’s been invading folks as the spitting image of the lonely soldier.
G/O Media may get a commission PlayerPhase, inspired by the “absurdity” of the memes for this pretty easy boss, respecced one of her four Tarnished to resemble the Soldier of Godrick. She geared herself up in all of the soldier’s garb, including equipping herself with the same sword the Soldier of Godrick uses, and set out to fight other Tarnished online, as well as confronting various bosses around the Lands Between as the Soldier of Godrick.
Literally, as she even mimicked the warrior’s fighting style. The result was some funny encounters of PlayerPhase whooping hella ass. “For the Soldier of Godrick build I was going through New Game+ on my main character and just thought it’d be entertaining to challenge myself for most of the endgame fights,” PlayerPhase told Kotaku,
- Was trying bow only or other stuff at first, but then I was a bit inspired by a video from Amazing Chest on YouTube.
- So I ended up switching my main character’s name to match the soldier, and tried my hand at Malenia and did some PvP on the side before finally switching the character back.
- I believe I was around level 200 or so at the time, definitely above the predefined ‘meta dueling level’ of the community.
Which made it even harder to actually win any duels because I was limiting myself to how I thought the boss would move and act. Just made those few and far between wins even more hilarious, having players trade hits or get their rolls caught in a follow up attack they weren’t expecting to come out.
- Some players even played along with the meme, using emotes like ‘Grovel for Mercy’ when I entered their world.
- It’s really fun to see!” And she may not be the only one who has taken up the mantle of Soldier of Godrick, either.
- One player posted a video on Reddit in which, after being invaded by someone other than PlayerPhase who is also committing Soldier of Godrick identity theft, they groveled for mercy before flinging themselves to their death out of sheer fear of facing the Soldier in battle.
Whether a real encounter or a staged bit between friends, it speaks to the growing reputation of the Soldier of Godrick as the Keyser Söze of the Lands Between. I understand all the adoration. There’s something comforting about the Soldier of Godrick. I mean, this is the Lands Between, a desolate and frightening world full of rude boys that desperately wanna spill your blood.
- Yet here’s the unpretentious Soldier of Godrick.
- He’s just some dude, but he charges you head-on, proving that nothing, not even the imminent Elden Lord, is too tough for an iron will.
- In this way, the Soldier of Godrick represents the everyplayer, the idea that anyone can beat FromSoft’s games with a little luck and a lotta determination.
It’s a heartwarming sentiment. He’s also the first boss you can actually beat without much hassle, which instills both joy in the game and confidence in your skills. Maybe it’s all just trolling by players with nothing better to do, but Amazing Chest loves these strange fandoms all the same.
View complete answer
Can you get past Margit without killing?
Margit the Fell Omen, one of the first major boss challenges in Elden Ring, can be entirely circumvented by killing the boss in his true form. Margit the Fell Omen is one of the first major boss challenges in Elden Ring, and players can skip the fight entirely by avoiding his spawn location. Margit stands guard over the entrance to Stormveil Castle, and represents one of the first truly difficult boss encounters in Elden Ring (of which there are over a hundred).
However, players can bypass fighting Margit altogether by completing a large portion of Elden Ring ‘s main quest line and destroying a different boss in another location first. That said, beating Margit’s true form is a tall challenge, but shows interesting attention to detail by Elden Ring ‘s developer, FromSoftware.
Elden Ring lore is drenched in mystery and intrigue, and the origin of Margit and Morgott is no exception. Margit the Fell Omen is actually the false identity of Morgott the Omen King, a relative of Godrick the Grafted and a Shardbearer. Morgott, who resides in Leyndell, also guards over Stormveil Castle early on in Elden Ring to prevent players from obtaining any shards of the titular Elden Ring and challenging his powers as a Shardbearer.
This is also one of the keys to understanding how players can circumvent fighting Margit at Stormveil Castle. Essentially, if players choose to avoid approaching Stormveil Castle early on in the game, Margit will not spawn. Players can then choose to follow the game’s main questline, continuing the story until they reach Leyndell where Morgott resides.
While beating Margit’s boss battle in Elden Ring is optional, Morgott is not, as players need to defeat Morgott to move forward toward the end of the story, This could prove to be a daunting task, however, as defeating Margit will earn players a Talisman slot, making it theoretically easier to take down Morgott later in the game.
View complete answer
Can Margit fall off?
Elden Ring Margit the Fell Omen general tips – Source: Windows Central (Image credit: Source: Windows Central) These general tips will help you prepare for the fight and plan how you’re going to take Margit down.
It’s possible to fall off the sides of the boss arena and die, so try and stay in the center of Margit’s arena as much as possible, Note that while you can fall to your death, Margit cannot, so don’t try and get him to do so. Margit uses several Holy elemental attacks that can still do damage to you even if you’re blocking with a shield, For that reason, it’s recommended to either not use a blocking shield and to wield your weapon two-handed for maximum damage. Using Spirit Ash Summons in this battle is effective, as they’ll distract Margit and give you several opportunities to attack him safely. You can also summon the NPC Sorcerer Rogier for this battle, who distracts Margit and attacks him with various magic spells, You can find his summon sign on the floor just before the boss fight. Summoning Rogier will scale Margit’s health up, but he’s still worth taking along. Margit can be staggered if you hit him with heavy melee attacks, especially if you hold the heavy attack button down to charge them first, While he’s staggered, you can then hit him from behind or in front to land critical damage. This is easier to accomplish with Strength-focused weapons like the Battle Axe. Many of Margit’s attacks can be parried with a parry shield like the Buckler, This is an alternative way to stagger him and leave him open to a critical riposte. Margit is vulnerable to Bleed, which is a status you can build up by hitting him with weapons like the Spiked Club, Bleed will instantly take out a chunk of Margit’s health each time you successfully manage to build it up. Patches, the NPC vendor in the Murkwater Cave dungeon in Limgrave, sells an item called Margit’s Shackle that allows you to immobilize him during Phase 1 of the fight, Using this item is highly recommended, as it gives you a couple of free opportunities to either heal up or deal damage safely.
Do I trust the guy at Stormveil Castle?
Should you trust Gostoc? – The answer is no. While you should take his path, do not trust him. However, that doesn’t mean treat him as an enemy. As you’ve likely already gathered, Gostoc is the one stealing your runes and locking you in rooms with tough enemies.
View complete answer
Is there a boss at the end of Stormveil Castle?
Liftside Chamber – From here we are within striking distance of the boss room, and in fact we can even take back way to get there. Pull the lever next to the elevator to call it down, then take it up to reach a high rampart that over looks the courtyard.
- Go through the door at the end of the path and you will find yourself in a long room populated by magic jar enemies, including one large jar warrior hiding in the back.
- Try to draw out the large jar and deal with him first.
- As you may expect his attacks are strong and slow, so just stay out of range to bait out an attack, then run in for one or two attacks when he is vulnerable.
The main attack you need to look out for is his spin which he winds up by turning his body slightly. Kill off the smaller jars afterwards then look in the corner where the large jar was hiding to find two Cracked Pot, Look down the path and you will see it has been split in two with two higher paths and one leading down the middle.
- If you look down you will see another scarab, which you can kill to get the Ash of War: Stormcaller,
- Grab the Kukri x8 off the left high path, then drop back down and go through the door at the end of the room.
- Here you will find the boss door as well as another Spot of Grace.
- Activate the Spot of Grace and rest if you need, but it isn’t boss time just yet.
Instead take the other path where you will see a giant and some soldiers waiting. Dealing with the giant is easy, but the soldiers can be pesky in this encounter. Try to draw them underneath him and it is possible that he will just kill them with his slam attack.
Otherwise, try and bait the soldiers into the smaller hallway area the giant cannot get into. Once you have the giant in a one on one, stand in front of him until he starts up an attack, then run underneath him and strike the back of his legs. This will almost always cause him to miss his attack, allowing you some free hits.
Just look out for his foot stomp which can deal big damage in an area of effect. Once the enemies are defeated you can grab the Smithing Stone from the end of the alleyway nearby, then loot the Golden Seed from under the tree up ahead. Look to the right and you will see an item sitting behind the line of stormhawks.
Carefully walk up and grab it without alerting the hawks to get the Golden Rune, Then you can kill them to access the staircase they are guarding and reach the Smithing Stone that is atop them. Finally go into the room near the tree and meet a warrior named Nepheli Loux who wants to help you defeat Godrick, as well as a Smithing Stone,
Turn around and head back to the jar warrior room. Climb up onto the wooden awning where you found the Kukri earlier and use it to jump to the thin railing that runs along the wall. Follow this ledge to reach some open windows on the wall. advertisement Go through and windows and head forward where you will encounter a powerful knight and his stormhawk.
- Try and deal with the hawk first to simplify the encounter, then deal with the knight with the usual combo of sneaky strikes and guard counters.
- Grab the Lump of Flesh that they were guarding and head back towards the windows.
- Go through the door near the windows and up the stairs inside to reach another wooden platform above the jar warrior room.
Cross the gap to the right of the door to get a Smithing Stone, then jump back and take the path up where you can loot a Golden Rune and a Smithing Stone, Go through the nearby door and take the stairs down, but beware the group of enemies resting on the platform below.
Thankfuilly they are all weak guards, so clear them out then grab the Manor Towershield from under the staircase, then exit out onto the balcony. Here you will find a Smithing Stone and a message on the ground hinting that you should look down. You will see a series of platforms you can drop onto, so follow them all the way to the bottom where you will find an accessible tower and a Golden Rune,
Pass through the tower to find yourself on a balcony overlooking a deep pit. grab the Rainbow Stone x5, then go forward and up the stairs to reach a door that leads back to the Spot of Grace. With that shortcut unlocked it is time to venture into that pit.
- Go back to the corpse where you got the rainbow stone and you will see a small awning you can use to reach the platform on the far side of the room.
- Jump across and go into the tunnel where you can find an Arteria Leaf, and a bat waiting in ambush.
- Drop down again where two more bats await.
- You can deal with them in mostly the same way you deal with the stormhawks, guard counters are always effective! Use the nearby rafters as a bridge to reach the item on the other side, a Smithing Stone,
Continue carefully dropping down until you reach the bottom of the room, where you will immediately find a Golden Rune, Start walking down the path, careful not to get overwhelmed by the rats that are creeping around, including one powerful Large Rat who can drop a Rune Arc,
- Past the rats on the left is Poisonbloom x3, and on the other side of the wall is another scarab you can kill for the spell Rancorcall,
- WARNING: If you drop down the ledge at the end of this path you will enter into a mini-boss battle against a powerful tree spirit.
- If you have a lot of Runes you don’t want to lose teleport back to the Spot of Grace now and come back once you have spent them.
As stated by the warning, if you drop down into the swampy area below you will trigger a mini-boss that may be too powerful for you at this point. It is a massive snake-like creature with large sweeping attacks and powerful magic. However with a 100 physical block shield and a little determination, it is very possible.
- The enemy telegraphs its attacks pretty obviously, so manage your stamina and be ready to block or dodge roll when you see it move to attack.
- You want to stand somewhere around its belly area to avoid its forward smashing attacks and get hits in safely.
- When it spins around and charges at you with its mouth open you NEED to dodge away or else get caught in its mouth and take on massive damage.
When the monster glows gold it is entering its second phase with a magic explosion, so back off to avoid the area damage. If you manage to defeat the spirit you will be rewarded with a Golden Seed and some loot including a Stonesword Key, Throwing Dagger x8, and Smoldering Butterfly x3.
Continue up the path to find a massive skull and one more item, the Prince of Death’s Pustule, From here you can access a ladder that will take you back to the dining hall area. With that in the books it is offically boss time. Teleport to the Secluded Cell Site of Grace and get ready. This is a good moment to take stock of your current supplies.
You should have a number of Smithing Stones and a bunch of new gear, so consider taking a trip back to the blacksmith to upgrade before taking on this fight. A +3 weapon and 100% physical block shield are recommended
View complete answer
Can you get into Stormveil Castle without beating Margit?
How to skip the Elden Ring Margit, the Fell Omen boss fight – The path to skipping the Margit, the Fell Omen boss fight. Bandai Namco If you absolutely cannot beat Margit in your current state, you do have the option to skip the fight. To do so, head from the Stormhill Shack Site of Grace and make your way north under the broken bridge overhead.
Keep to the northeast and you’ll come across an NPC on another broken bridge. Follow this bridge as far as you can go, and drop from to the left at the end of it. Then, follow this path along the cliffside to the north where you’ll eventually come to the Lake-Facing Cliffs Site of Grace, right by an NPC.
This will allow you to skip the Margit fight entirely, but we advise coming back to fight him in the future. : How to beat Margit, the Fell Omen in ‘Elden Ring’ — or skip him entirely
View complete answer