Complete Lady Tanith’s questline –
If you have defeated the Godskin Noble and discovered Temple of Eiglay, site of Grace, fast travel over there directly. If not, head over to the Volcano Manor located at Mt.Gelmir. Once you have reached there, drop to the land not submerged in lava. Leap and head right to climb upwards until you see an Assasin waiting on the stairs. Defeat him to enter the Church where you will encounter Godskin Noble, Once you have defeated him, talk to lady Tanith who is the head of Volcano Manor. She will ask you if you want to join Volcano Manor and resist the tide together.
Image Source – Gamerpillar on YouTube.
Select the join Volcano Manor option to trigger her quests. You need to complete her entire questline until she invites you to meet Rykard, the lord of Blasphemy. Upon accepting, you will be teleported to Rykard in an instant in Elden Ring.
How do you get to Rykard in Elden ring?
To find Rykard Lord of Blasphemy in Elden Ring, Tarnished adventurers must explore the exterior of Volcano Manor to find a secret portal to the boss. Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, is an optional Demigod Boss in Elden Ring that resides within a giant cavern beneath the Volcano Manor. The boss will first appear as God-Devouring Serpent but reveal itself to be Rykard at the start of the second phase. There are two primary ways to get to Rykard in Elden Ring, one of which involves completing the questline of the Volcano Manor’s headmistress, Tanith.
- Volcano Manor is located within the volcanic summit of Mt.
- Gelmir in the Altus Plateau.
- Tarnished adventurers can travel to this location by fulfilling Rya’s request in Liurnia or completing the perilous climb up the mountain.
- Once they arrive in the Volcano Manor, they can speak with Tanith, who can be found near the manor’s Site of Grace.
She will provide the protagonist with a Drawing-Room Key and give them their first assassination contract. If players complete all the contracts for Tanith, she will grant the player access to Rykard’s lair.
View complete answer
How do I get to Prince Rykard?
Elden Ring Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy Location – Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy can be found by entering the lobby of Volcano Manor and taking a right down the corridor. Unlock the first door on the right using the Drawing-Room Key and revealing the illusory wall in the back-right corner by attacking.
- Follow the hallway left and keep going straight until you reach a set of stairs.
- Head down the stairs and follow the path past the enemy to find the Prison Town Church site of grace.
- Open the doors in the back of the church, head right and across the rooftops and jump down in the direction of the fog door.
Take a left at the fog door, follow the path down to the lizard enemy and take the path right to find a ladder against the building. Climb the ladder and enter the open window in the back of the steeple. Drop down and head downstairs in the south part of the building.
- Go north and take a right and you will find the Guest Hall site of grace.
- Outside of that room to the east, open the set of doors, take a right and head down the ladder.
- Follow the path east and up the stairs to the area full of cages.
- Step inside the elevator cage next to the fireplace, go up, and then head up the stairs to find the lever shortcut and a church containing the Godskin Noble,
Defeat this enemy and head up the elevator to the right. Follow the path around, head over the bridge with the slugs on it, and drop down to the path on the left. Follow the path up, jump on the rocks over the lava lake, and head up the mound into an open window.
- Open the door on your right, head up the stairs into the room and take a right to head down the corridor.
- Go past the whip-wielding Man-Serpent into the room and open the door on the right.
- Head up the stairs and through the door on the left and enter the portal.
- From there, head south into the boss room where Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy resides.
Alternatively, after completing all three contracts for Tanith at the Volcano Manor, she will ask if you would like to see him. Accepting will have her teleport you directly outside of his mist gate. If you don’t wish to partner with Tanith, you can alternatively follow Patches’ directions, and get transported to Volcano Manor through the Abductor Virgin at the bottom of the wheel in Raya Lucaria Academy,
- Once you spawn, there is an area on the ledge behind you that you can safely drop down into the lava.
- Follow the wall to solid ground.
- Continuing forward you’ll find an elevator cage that leads up to a platform.
- Another elevator cage will be straight ahead, take it.
- After taking this elevator, move forward, and up the stairs, where you will find the church containing the Godskin Noble.
From here the directions are the same as above.
View complete answer
What level should I be before Rykard?
- Elden Ring
(Image credit: FromSoftware) The Elden Ring Rykard boss fight against the God-Devouring Serpent and the Lord of Blasphemy beneath Volcano Manor is a tough one, in which players must use a special Serpent-Hunter Great Spear to bring down one of the toughest demigods, shardbearers and abominations in Elden Ring,
In Phase 1 players go up against the God-Devouring Serpent, a thrashing monster coughing up toxic bile, and afterwards they’ll need to kill Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy in Phase 2, a crazed lunatic using a barbed sword and fiery magic. It’s a challenge either way, but there are ways around it, ways that’ll feel very familiar to players who fought Yhorm in Dark Souls 3.
Either way, here’s how to beat Rykard and the God-Devouring Serpent in Elden Ring, including weaknesses, tips, strategies and cheese methods.
To beat the God-Devouring Serpent and Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy boss fight, players should be at least level 65+, and ideally over 70.
Can you beat Rykard without serpent hunter?
Phase 1: God-Devouring Serpent – Like many bosses in Elden Ring, Volcano Manor’s final boss is broken up into 2 phases. In Phase 1, you will face the God-Devouring Serpent — a massive, writhing snake curled up in a pool of lava. He doesn’t move much, but he will occasionally shamble toward you.
- You’ll want to keep your distance (the Serpent-Hunter helps with this) to avoid taking damage from the lava at his base.
- The God-Devouring Serpent’s attacks are fairly well telegraphed due to his size, with a long wind-up.
- But when he strikes, he strikes fast, so be on your toes.
- Playing aggressively with the Serpent-Hunter Great Spear can quickly burn down his health bar.
As with many Elden Ring bosses, generally, you want to dodge into his sweeping attacks and grab attacks. Be prepared to deal with possible poison spray. One attack to keep an eye on is when he thrusts his head into the ground. After a short delay, he rips his head out, sending rocks and lava erupting up in front of him.
View complete answer