[08/01 - 08/08] Challenge Descended 15 Results Thread

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by kandjar, Aug 2, 2016.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Post your teams, victories, epic fails, and anecdotes here

Dungeons & Rewards:
    - Zaerog∞ Descended! (Special) (Legend Plus)...Flampy
    - Shuten-doji Descended!-7x6 Board (Mythical)...Bubpy
    - Kaguya-Hime!-No RCV/Awoken Skills (Mythical)...Woodpy
    - Zeus Mercury Descended! (Mythical)...Shynpy
    - Grimoires Descended! (Mythical)...Badpy
    - Aamir Descended! (Mythical)...Woodsie (RCV +50)
    - Hephaestus Descended! (Mythical)...Flamie (ATK +50)
    - Noah Descended!-All Att. Req. (Mythical)...Bubblie (HP +50)
    - Athena Descended! (Mythical)...Snow Globe Dragon Blanc Lv 25
    - Hera-Beorc Descended! (Mythical)...PreDRA
    - The Goddess Descended! (Mythical)...TAMADRA
    - Hera-Is Descended! (Mythical)...5,000 Pal Points
    - Takeminakata Descended!-No Wd/Dk (Mythical)...5,000,000 Coins
    - Hera Descended! (Legend)...Queen Metal Dragon

https://www.facebook.com/PuzzleAndDragonsOfficial/posts/1345686388793283:0

2. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cleared everything with Miru!!!!

Mostly with a coop player. (mainly to safe stamina, and coz it's fun! -- The only floor which really required a coop build was Kaguya-Hime's one)

The main team I used was:

No much +eggs so far; but everyone except Miru is max skilled.

There were few adaption:
    - For Noah: I used:

in order to cover all colors... I barely use any skill here, most skilled were unused.
    - For Zaerog: I only replaced LValk by Ra to easily clear Zaerog's first form.

Overall, every instances of this challenge were super safe and easy (including Beorc which only required a 10 turns stall on the final floor)

With one Exception.... Kaguya Hime....

That one was really challenging: No RCV, No Skill!

I was able to clear it thank to @Diesel!

We were discussing on how to clear it... what sub to use...
    Considering there were no way to make heart withing 4 turns; we concluded that Coop was the only way.
    He calculated that we needed 48K HP. (Two preemptives + 2 hit on the second floor)

Looking at my box was was mostly focus on hypering blue sub until now, I started putting together a blue team to reach that threshold.
    After a few deliberation we built the following teams:
    Myself:
    Diesel:

Here's summary of that run:

[Floor 1 - 5 Demons]
    First shoot only cleared 4... sigh... thanksfully the final one was one a binding quest... No extra damage.
    Easy clear on the second turn.

[Floor 2 - Horai] Stall 8 turns here.. Taking two hit from him while charging Miru and the other skills.
    Final move; Miru -> OHKO with a few combo including 6 blue orbs.

[Floor 3 - Samurai Goblin x2, Yomi tamadra]
    With Miru's LS still in effect, we used the first turn to clear the two samurais, and spend the next 3 turns stalling and carefully grind the tamadra.

[Floor 4 - Hanzo]
    We spent a few more turns here to charge the skill to finally clear the floow using Gabriel.

[Floor 5 - Amaterasu]
    First turn, we carefully cleared the dark orbs and only the dark ones so that she would create a nice row of heart at the bottom.
    The cleared the floor immediately after that.

[Floor 6 - Kaguya]
    This floor ended up overall very easy... We finished charging up Orochi, recovering HP usig the heart she created (almost) every turns.
    This, while having a lot of skill as backup in case something went wrong.

Once Orochi was up, I activated it, and we went for the kill shot:

Very fun and challenging run! Thanks again to @Diesel for helping me clearing it!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  3. Taffy

Taffy Active Member

User ID:
    Mostly soloed. Highlights include:
    Anubis clear on Shuten, Hathor clear on Z8--both co-op.

dms1485 likes this.
  4. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    desperate times call for desperate measures

dms1485 and AstoriaMercury like this.
  5. Diesel

Diesel You are already dead...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That was hands down one of the harder challenges I did. Not fun at all.....lots of stalling but hey we did it!

The one thing I learned so far this week was that clearing things with new and different leads really brought something enjoyable to the game. Sure we can all burn through no RCV with a lead like Ra or Sakuya, but trying something that is really outside the box and challenging was a whole new level of fun!

Thanks for sticking with it @kandjar !

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  6. swintergreen

swintergreen Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dove right into Kaguya-Hime without realizing that it was no awoken, no RCV... and we were running A. Lakshmi. At first I thought we just had terrible luck on the first board, to have no hearts, but after making a TPA and seeing that it didn't activate, I thought that we were screwed! Thankfully, most of the floors were easy to stall on and we had plenty of heartmakers.

Other challenges, including Zaerog, were cleared in coop with Myr! (using my janky water team Myr haha)

Diesel likes this.
  7. Expagel

Expagel Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    First time I've used co-op to clear to help clear a challenge. It was fun taking new leaders like A.DQXQ and Blonia and clearing some of these with ease. Kaguya in particular was pretty straightforward with DQXQ; the multipliers mitigate the no awakenings nicely, and I was able to control damage to get past the boss resolve and give my partner the kill shot. Got to play with a You Yu with my I&I through Hephaestus and the damage numbers were silly. And Apollo/Saria breaking 100k HP in Hera was pretty funny, since I don't think we even got hit.

The best was clearing Zaerog8 for the first time. Carried in co-op is more accurate, but I got to do it with best waifu NY Leilan. My subs were Antares/Horus/Ame no Azume/Verdandi and my partner's were Gadius/Volleyball Theurgia/Set/Uriel. That was a lot of fun, and it's awesome that co-op and the helpful players on Discord can make different leaders and combinations viable.

xer 21, dms1485 and swintergreen like this.
  8. Servillo

Servillo Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Very stupidly died on a couple of dungeons, mostly my own fault. But all clear with either ADQXQ or SS Isis. It's rather impressive to me just how much SS Isis can clear these days, her x36 max isn't as impressive on numbers, but it's far more than sufficient for most anything except the hardest of the hard dungeons. And the best survivability of any Healer team I've ever run, that's for sure.

Famiel for MVP, just because a SI lets her get past the pain-in-the-butt first form of Zaerog. Probably gonna use that +297 Tamadra we're getting on her just because she's awesome enough to deserve it.

swintergreen likes this.
  9. giuseppe

giuseppe Member

User ID:
    giuseppe
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm still resisting co-op, mostly because I'm too lazy to find partners :p

I have only Shuten-doji to clear, because I always forget to bring a bind clear, then I die on the Tama stage, then I go clear something else, then I look and think, "why the hell haven't I cleared that yet, oh yeah, I died with (team x)." Then I bring in (team y) without a bind clear and the cycle repeats itself.

However, I finally solo'd Z8 with a team I think I can do again. 75℅ damage reduction from Sumire is just overpowering in that dungeon. Really puts my early runs with a ghetto Bastet/Shiva team to shame...

UEvo Sumire / Christmas Paulina / Evo Sumire / Skuld / Evo Sarasvati / UEvo Sumire

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  10. I AM

I AM Active Member

User ID:
    346,078,301 & 398,879,356
    PADherder:
    link
    Cant
    Beat
    KAGUYA
    ARG!

11. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All these dungeons have been hashed and rehashed to the point that they stopped being challenging long ago. Shuten is still a fucking waste of time though. Thoria handles the whole thing well, but it takes for fucking ever.

Have a screencap of Myr soloing Z8 anyway.

She has it really good against Z8 phase 1. Either you have 5 hearts and you no-sell the 40K hit for not doing 6 combos, or you go for 6 combos with orb time out the wazoo.

dms1485 likes this.
  12. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

I did all these dungeons via co op sniping so I basically used different leads w random people to finish these. And I don't have discord or line or any type of communication other than the nice button:confused:

13. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, nothing here was too challenging. The only one that I was worried about was Kaguya, but I cleared it first try. Miru made Z8 a joke, and I basically did everything else with Shivadra on spare stam throughout the week. No screencaps because nothing felt like much of an achievement.

14. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    So I always clear everything (solo) with the same lead, even now that that means spending twice as much stamina. This time I got to use Myr, who is fun and overpowered.

I went into Kaguya without thinking too carefully, remembering the no-hearts but forgetting the no-skill boost. Ugh, basically unwinnable. Had to redo it with a Saria friend. Otherwise, cleared everything on the first try.

Every run used the same subs, except I threw in a random green/dark to cover all colors for Noah Descended. Everything is hypermax, except Myr needs skill-ups (was s. level 3-5 most of the time).

Most annoying fight: the stupid Phoenix Knight in Hephaestus Descended. 76% resolve, and so little hp that it was really hard to avoid just killing him (esp. the first five turns with his combo shield). And if you nudged him below the 76% line, he healed back above it. Ugh.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  15. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So what kind of team does it take to beat Kaguya? I've been able to solo or coop everything else without too much trouble outside of Zaerog, but Kaguya stumps me. I cant use my water team at all since the no awakenings mean i have no damage, and i cant use a you yu friend, And my fire team can get to the third floor, but the lack any skills up means i cant poison the tama and i die if i cant get all twelve attributes attacking twice. then i pass that and hanzo tanks everything.

Im thinking my team comp is just garbage and im trying to play by normal rules, and someone suggested a healear team, but What's the point of that with no heart orbs?

A rainbow team, maybe, with Horus, or Sakuya or Kali leads?

16. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally finished. Feels good man

- Hera Descended! -Soloed with an Urd Team, pretty trivial
    - Takeminakata Descended! -Coopded for initial clear, but soloed with the Urd team a couple times cause its fine to have so many free fire orbs to use.
    - Hera-Is Descended! - Soloed Using a friend's You Yu to back pack my janky Zweihander led water team.
    - The Goddess Descended - Soloed with Urd
    - Athena Descended! - Soloed with Urd
    - Hera-Beorc Descended! - Soloed with Urd
    -Noah Descended! - Cooped with a Gadius team Using R/D Shiva, Strawberry Dragon and R/B Ame No Uzume to cover my colors. slightly tough but not too bad.
    -Hephaestus Descended! - Failed solo getting orb trolled on the first floor, got carried using my Urd Team after. I cannot control damage for shit.
    - Aamir Descended! - Soloed with Urd
    - Grimoires Descended! - Cooped with Urd. Didnt get my Theurgia :(
    -Zeus Mercury Descended! - Things started getting difficult here for me. I had to use Water and Had a very paitient person Coop using You yu, but we failed a couple times on orb trolls once, and me failing to hit 2 mill on you yu on floor 8. Too bad we didnt have a laser.
    - Kaguya-Hime! - I got carried HARD. I banged my head against the wall several times trying to solo and couldnt get past the tama floor partially due to poor skill and synced timers. Shout outs to @SteamBoy27 for working to put together a matching A Apollo team to allow us to tank like bosses and make up for my mediocre comboing skill.
    - Shuten-doji Descended! - Cooped with Urd. Made a few mistakes and i suck with a 7x6 board, but we snuck by. I got somewhat carried.
    -Zaerog∞ Descended! - I got carried. Straight up. I can deal with the heavy metal dragon but Z8 was always gonna be too much.

I got carried hard three times, and had relatively equal coop partnerships and/or solo runs. Thank Jesus for all the wood based dungeons that let me clear with my urd team relatively easily.

17. Orree

Orree A day late and a combo short...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Neither could I. Got everything done but the top three. Every time I tried Kaguya, some different would go wrong. I dunno. I've actually completed it once before, but I guess I must have gotten extremely lucky, because nothing doing, this time...lol.

18. Thundercud

Thundercud Active Member

User ID:
    [US] 375,957,215
    Completed all floors solo with full hypermax Awoken Shiva team. Died once on Kaguya. Died once on Zaerog.

A. Shiva/Urd/A. Hino/Set/Holy Rites Mistress, Echidna/A. Shiva

kandjar likes this.