[10/24-10/31] One-Shot Challenge 3 Results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by LightFangX, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Haha, done and done! BMyr x 2.

That feeling you get when the alt runs through without issue, and then the main (better box on a better device) runs out of hearts twice...

Swapped out Gabe for Navi and came to realize how bloody strong she is even in solo play. Getting to puppet with nearly all actives up, we're so good :).

Much happiness being done with this one, and I need to suck it up and start heart crossing more often... Myr/BMyr is pretty darned impressive.

2. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    You're right. I ended up using BMyr x LMyr (to beat Shieldras) with Moogle in for his quick up time. Pretty easy. I got a little nervous when Wangren ate my hearts first turn, but collected enough second turn and he didn't do it again.

puñal likes this.
  3. Revelate

Revelate Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, basically you only need to shield once every other turn: shield when all 3 are at 1 turn, and when the baby shieldras are at 2 turns just soak up the hit. Wasn't bad at all.

That doesn't apply to L10 though heh, those shieldras hurt.

(re: BMyr: blue shieldras and praying for 5 hearts to fall in each turn. gg.)

puñal likes this.
  4. *A44

*A44 Inelegant but efficient.

User ID:
    [​IMG]

5. jq1790

jq1790 Awoken Karin Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    1-6 were uneventful so no comments on them.

c7:
    [​IMG]
    Nearly died to Noah since I didn't have the hearts to heal after the first Punishment Thunder hit, but I managed to scrape it out. Wangren took a while and I had to eat a few unguarded Flame Emperors oh boy.

c8:
    [​IMG]
    Took a bit of a different route from the intended one. Best part was when an eight-orb row skyfell on Lifive's head. Quite literally got dunked.

c9:
    [​IMG]
    Pre-Saras buff/pre-Mori ults. I don't have the stuff raised to do a proper 6* challenge so I just decided "well if nothing gets to move I still win, right?"

c10:
    [​IMG]
    Screwed up several attempts and took absolutely every turn Miru gave me in this one, but it's done. Having to heartcross every turn was stressful because if I got heart trolled even once when my actives weren't up that'd be game right there. Final turn I didn't have actives or enough hearts to cross, and Miru had like half of her HP left so I had to Hail Mary it with Karin and Sarasvati and pray it was enough, which it quite obviously was. Beautiful 7s board was a pleasant gift.

Also saw the return of faithful sub Berry Dragon. I'm sorry I left you abandoned so long.

This was the most fun I've had with challenges in quite a while. I really liked how it made me think of different arrangements to handle the various challenges thrown at us.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  6. Seriouscat

Seriouscat Serious Business

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

*A44 and ko300zx like this.
  7. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks! Just beat it with XM, as you advised i needed to use fewer actives on floors 1 and 2, but not underestimate those shieldras. Floor 5 is pretty stallable.

On every dungeon I freaked out that there was yet one more boss, but luckily the pii are harmless. nonetheless , I took great pleasure in overkilling them in c9 and c10.

Vaedriel, Dunamos and Bane Shydow like this.
  8. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Think I'm just gonna give up on C7. I'm sure I could get it with Kaede if I get the right orbs on floor 1, but after watching 70 stam disappear in 3 turns more than once, I'm pretty over it.

9. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats!

Haku-ku-ku likes this.
  10. Paul Blank

Paul Blank Defeater

User ID:
    Paul
    image.png image.png

Did the 8 and 9 with You Yu and did the 10 like this ^. No stones second try. First death I forgot about the bind on mir and didn't have the moves to clear it and heart cross and fizzled out. Second try was smooth. This is from 3 days ago pre Sanada ultimate and no plusses on Sanada or Gadius. Urd-Sanada for kill board.

11. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

Took me many tries, but beat C9. (Gabriel is in there since I had no other 6* blue heart makers other than y'shtola... He's not even max skilled/leveled or plussed)
    upload_2016-10-27_17-4-13.png

C10 almost cleared it with bmyr but my finger lost contact with the screen while moving and died from no cross heart on myr... And I OHKOed all the floors until Z8 too!

12. Snarf

User ID:
    C8 was pretty easy for Panda x Oda. One shot everything. Of course, it was my second try as the first time around I got a magical skyfall three-match of red orbs on the shieldras and was killed. All the inherits nullified the sd on floor 4.

Panda [Ishida] / DR Perseph [Satsuki] / A Perseph / Zuoh [Zuoh] / Halloween Thoth & Sopdet / Oda

13. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C1-5 used whatever
    C6 - YY/A.Isis/Ryune/Scheat/Sumire - breezed thru it
    C7 - AceBastet/Perseus/Ruel/Sasuke/Osiris - short CDs made it cake walk
    C8 - YomiDra/A.Haku/Akechi/Eschamali/UUPandora - FTW
    C9 - Sarasvati/Blonia/Mori/Alresha/Sitri - no worries
    C10 - working on it now, will update in a moment

14. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Barely made it :D
    If Cleopatra didn't up by the time I reach Bubpy, I'll die for sure. No heart on board and skyfall. Screenshot_2016-10-28-10-48-56.png Screenshot_2016-10-28-10-49-47.png

David@PF, tanpopo, *A44 and 2 others like this.
  15. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Lol, gave it one more shot with Kaede before bed. Great board on floor 1, swept. Didn't get heart trolled on 2, stalled through the big hit once, got actives up, swept the rest. Now onto the good stuff. What an annoying 2 floors that was. Should rename to RNG challenge, because that's all that was.

16. Orange

Orange Red+Yellow = Orange

Confirm! Fire team could clear as suggestion above. I would add that one sub needed to have bind clear and hp should be above 46000 (can take 2 hits in a row)
    image.png

David@PF, Tachii, Vaedriel and 2 others like this.
  17. Vincent Flyer PPL

Vincent Flyer PPL The Last Extreme Gamer, Puyo Puyo Sig

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C8: Used ADQXQ to bust through this. Not terrible though I was dumb trying to use Myr for that.
    C9:
    [​IMG]
    This took 7 deaths for me until I got the run that got me through. I couldn't "glass cannon" my way through these waves until I realized that Myr and my subs setted up for LINKA can get me through. I wanted to follow @sunglassesmichael for that approach with his team but I couldn't.
    C10:
    [​IMG]
    Took one attempt on this. Not even joking at all. Barely tanked Continum Border with this team without a cross shield. Not only that, I grinded Myr to <50% after Continum Border to burn a turn to tank Hour Hand Strike. I honestly thought I was dead at that point.
    I threw my plussed Tamadra on Skuld because I had max skilled her and I wanted to push her further. Thank you prongs.
    Overall I'm glad that I got through this alive and not completely dead. I do wish that Tamazo x Odin would be placed on the most annoying section and not the easiest, though that's just my penny. Did anyone feel like they need to burn stones on PAD because of this? Did anyone grinded the Badpy at C9? I grinded the Badpy and I almost ruined my opportunity for that. Some relief I'll take is that it could've been a lot worse than me taking down Ultimate Arena with my current setup... ono I did wish I could've save a bit more stam for the Predras that happened yesterday from this post.

Anyway... Guess I'm going back to farm skillups for my Halloween Vampire because reasons. In the meanwhile, *put a Myr costume on* don't give up.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    David@PF, sunglassesmichael and *A44 like this.
  18. Snarf

User ID:
    First try C9 with A Hermes / Alfecca [Water Dragon Knight] / Valk [Urd] / Sharon / BB Mori / ASQ. Smooth.

I just realized that Sharon alone (with no plusses) did 75 mil damage to Zaerog due to her dragon killer and 3x for 6* and under. Ridiculous.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
    *A44 likes this.
  19. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    C9 was so easy with Sara. C10 on the other hand...

1st & 2nd attempts I tried the Myr/BMyr idea and got heart trolled on Myr...

3rd & 4th attempts I tried Oda/LuBu and the Marionette owned me by eating up all my hearts and I got heart trolled again, thx f'ing RNG.

I'm debating either Sumire or Ryune/I&I for my next go at it...

20. jq1790

jq1790 Awoken Karin Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    For one thing, Pure's preemptive is GUARANTEED to delete every heart on the board as well as do its like 15.5k or however much damage, so plan accordingly. I did it with Sumire so I can heartily recommend her for it.

Vaedriel likes this.