[10/24-10/31] One-Shot Challenge 3 Results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by LightFangX, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link

And done with alt account too

Once again those beautiful abs carried me to victory!

recife, philsov, David@PF and 2 others like this.
  2. Armand

Armand Member

PADherder:
    link
    I've come close, but I can't manage to beat c8. It's only because of your suggestion that I've gotten as far as lifive, so thanks. I'm going to try again a couple more times though. I've been using blonia, rukia, 2nd ult andromeda, and ryune. I'm going to try switching out rukia with toki I think. Thor's skill delay is what annoys me the most because I never manage to beat him without taking a lot of damage; so lifive's premptive attack kills me when I do manage to beat him.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  3. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

upload_2016-10-28_16-35-24.png
    Beat it on my 3rd(?) try.
    Flubbed jesus crosses on my first ones...

Freddyfudrucker likes this.
  4. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Time to take a break, have a drink or two, and drown my embarrassment and frustration while I figure out a new strategy.

Threw 3 stones at C10 today:
    1st & 2nd tries, used Myr/Bmyr and died on Myr
    3rd & 4th tries, used Oda/LuBu and died on Marionette
    5th try, used Sumire team...
    6th try, used Ryune/I&I...
    7th try, used A.Pandora... the same team that took down Myr Descend in the fist place! :banghead:
    8th, 9th & 10th try, used Grodin team...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  5. Snarf

Snarf PAD Bosses Derezzed | Boromir 332,879,306

User ID:
    Why didn't GOdin work? I was thinking of doing Liu Bie / Dios / Hera Beorc / Michael / Ana Ceres / Godin.

6. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That sounds pretty solid. I don't have a HeraBeorc.

My first team: Grodin(Raphael) / Dios / Perseus / Verdandi / Freyja / Grodin
    The first run I whittled Permafrost down then got Diary down to 30% and botched a heal and died.
    The Second run I got to Shieldras and forgot they consecutive hit and died.

Next team I ran Grodin(Raphael) / ALB / Ronove / Perseus / Freyja / Grodin
    That team kicked @$$ but I used my nuke to take out the shieldras and when I got to Myr I have few actives available. I survived about 5-6 rounds in and then she consecutive hit me and I died.

I guess I should have used my ALB as the lead and a Grodin friend. I may go back to the Myr/Bmyr strategy as that was the only one that has gotten me to Myr every time.

Snarf likes this.
  7. Snarf

User ID:
    Thanks for your observations.

Vaedriel likes this.
  8. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I hope it works for you!

I'm tinkering with this team set up currently:

- -

BLakshmi+BMyr dish out 20x dmg, not as perfect as two BMyrs. Make me wish I had rolled/bought a BMyr, lol.

May try that ALB/Odin combo too.

9. Snarf

User ID:
    Beat C10 on the first try with ALB x Odin. My first use ever of Odin as a lead! Basically match orbs to stay alive. With the 8 autoheals from Odin and Michael, you can survive and recover any hit apart from Myr's Hour Hand Strike.

ALB / Dios / Ana Ceres / Hera B / Michael / Odin

Used the rcv badge. Michael in for autoheals and emergency hearts. Ana Ceres in for everything that she is--amazing--full heal, full bind recovery, charges skills, dragon killer for Myr.

Everything was hypermaxed, except Michael and Odin (both max skilled) and Hera B. Of those last three, having Micheal max skilled is the only relevant one.

In retrospect, I should have led with my Odin and used friend ALB. Luckily a yellow match didn't drop in when blew out the Shieldras.

Most of my kills were way overkill. ALB x Odin does respectable damage.

Fl1: Stalled until all skills up. Dios.
    Fl2: Stalled to get Dios up. Collected green, dark, hearts. ALB-->Hera B.
    Fl3: Dios.
    Fl4: Stalled to get all skills up. Collected green, dark, hearts. ALB when puppeteer switched to green and made me a green row. He was already worn down to 75%.
    Fl5: Hung in there until the 500k shield dropped. Odin to unbind, Dios-->Hera B.

Myr was the only issue. PADX doesn't clearly show Hour Hand Strike hitting in her first 5 turns. She hit me with it twice. I probably had enough hearts (6) to heal from up to full 24K, esp. with the rcv badge, but I used Ana Ceres to be safe. The next time she did it I had no heart match. Luckily it was on the turn her shield dropped. I cleared her binds with Odin and then blew her away.

I suppose I would have been more familiar with Myr's skill set if I'd done her dungeon before, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

IMG_2305.jpg IMG_2306.jpg

Attached Files:

10. Servillo

Servillo Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    One-stoned C10 with Nobunaga and A. Lu Bu. Do not recommend, at least with my sub-layout. RCV is too low, even with the multiplier, and stalling on Pure just feels impossible thanks to her gleefully deleting any hearts you don't make yourself. Used one stone to get past her, and was able to stall on Myr with Cecil coming to the rescue giving me enough hearts to heal up.

Vaedriel and Dunamos like this.
  11. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

get out of my game myru

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LightFangX, Tek7, Bane Shydow and 4 others like this.
  12. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    FINALLY! Though C10 annoyed the crap out of me, and I lost count how many different teams and attempts I did, I want to thank @ViewtifulGene for the Myr/BMyr suggestion on this one. I should have stuck it out and kept trying with that team because it was the one that worked at the end of the day. Awesome challenge and loved figuring out what team subs worked best to take Myr down. At the end I popped Scheat to flood the board and then Sumire+Sumire to :heart:cross FTW.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tried with Luci, I really did (8 times). That puppet sucks; several runs I got :heart:->:fire: three in a row :rage:. But my skill is apparently not equal to the task.

So I looked at that pretty new Ana Ceres in my box... and added a few plus eggs and went with @Snarf's Grodin cheese team. Wow was that easy; thanks for your write-up.

This is my first solo complete C1-C10... wish I could have beaten it without cheese but I'm not gonna pass up a Shynpy and cute Odin souvenir if there's some way to get it. Oh, and my first Myr.

[​IMG]

Snarf and Vaedriel like this.
  14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats!! I know how great it feels to beat a challenge all the way through. :)

I had forgotten about AnaCeres until @Snarf mentioned how awesome she is and I am working on evo'ing mine! I also underestimated the usefulness of Hera-Beorc's UEvo, and I also have that on my to do list!

Snarf and Dunamos like this.
  15. suez

suez Small fish in a sea of whales

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    cleared 9 with ronove team. subs: siren, Lkali, isis, ragnarok - I don't have kaede, nor Dkali...
    accidentally almost killed z8 after shield disappeared, but luckily he changed color to blue after he replenished his life, so one shot'd hit after that. other floors were pure one shot

now what to use for 10 as i don't have Myr...any suggestions based on my padherder? I'm thinking GOdin w/ friend Liu Bei...or Ronove again...but need to decide optimal subs as I lack awokens/skill ups on many cards...

EDIT: one thought - Grodin leader & friend, subs: shangri-la dragons? will be long, but all of them seem to hit with one-hit attack and Myr would be light resisted

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  16. Snarf

User ID:
    I'm glad my Odin x Liu Bie strategy worked for you! Dungeon engineering (cheese) ftw!

And Ana Ceres <3

Dunamos and Vaedriel like this.
  17. Snarf

User ID:
    Ana Ceres has quickly become one of my favorite cards! She does great work on Ronove, (soon-to-be-reincarnated) Parvati, etc...

Vaedriel likes this.
  18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She is a ROCKSTAR... I mean jeeeezus FULL HP recovery & FULL bind recovery & haste??? :wideyed:
    I am going to inherent her on my Mathena team fo' sure!

19. StraightEdge

StraightEdge Active Member

I'm done trying this bullshit challenge. Sorry game. Sorry that I don't have an overpowered Myr team to cheese through your bullshit.

This goes to the overall dungeon, particularly C9, and Myr in general:

[​IMG]

20. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i finally fucking did it!!!!! c10 took me 3 tries, but c9 took me well over 1000 stamina. i raged stoned for stamina 4 different times, once for c10, and 3 for c9.

myr the plague wasn't used at all in the beating of these challenges.

Dunamos likes this.