12/30 - 1/5 Player's Choice Godfest

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Murdurus, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anyone else rolling in this? I decided I was going to, partially because I don't roll in regular REMs anymore so this is one of the few times I'll be tempted enough to and partially because there are still quite a few missing GFEs I haven't gotten my hands on. I probably rolled a bit more than I was intending to though.

L.Vajra (#3)
    Zaerog Core (new)
    Leilan (#8)
    R.Ney (#2)
    Bastet (#3)
    Dracoblade, Light Fog (new)
    Hades (#5)
    Reeche (#3)
    D.Meta (#4)
    Leilan (#9)
    Izanagi (#6)
    Acala (#3)
    Hera Nyx (#2)
    Sherias Roots (#2)
    Toyotomi Hideyoshi (new)
    Fagan Rai (new)
    Dracoblade, Snake Bones Princess (new)
    Pandora (#4)
    ROdin (#5)
    Brigid (new)
    Ea (#2)
    Aife (#2)
    Sherias Roots (#3)
    Ilm (#3)
    ROdin (#6)
    Saline (new)
    Saline (#2)
    Gilgamesh (new)
    Shamash (new)
    D.Meta (#5)
    ROdin (#7)
    Idunn & Idunna (#2)

It didn't turn out too bad, got two Dracoblades out of it and a bunch of other GFEs for exchanges. Also got the new Fagan and Zaerog to boot which is neat, not sure if I'd ever use them though. Also finally got a Saline of my own which I've been wanting for a while now.

Unfortunately, I didn't get D.Kali or Set; D.Kali because she's always been a chase for me and she's pretty useful for rainbow teams and Set mostly because I just like the art and haven't gotten him.

David@PF likes this.
  2. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Looks like a pretty decent haul. I'm quite disappointed people didn't vote the green dracoblade in, but voted Madoo lol... I'd like that dragon killer.

Pulled my 160 saved stones and only got these non-pantheons (all dupes):

Viz
    Fujin
    DMeta
    Veroah
    Zela

Kinda bummed, but it's about the average expected rate so...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  3. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Rolled five times.

Got a 2nd Zaerog Core (I’d traded my coin for the other one) and my first Uesugi Kenshin.

Anyone have any idea how to lead with Zaerog? I’ve just been using him as a sub for Orphen, but apparently he’s a top tier lead in Japan. I’m not sure how, though, as I could never find any videos of him on YouTube, and not seeing much relevant stuff in my own box. Having a second one may make a difference, though? I have 2x Kuroyuri so maybe that loop is used?

4. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

From what I have seen you use kuro loop and one zaerog active everyturn to stay below 50% for damage then kuro immediately heals you.

My main did good.
    2 pantheon
    Viz dupe
    2 pantheon
    Dmeta
    Reeche
    Hera
    Rodin
    Dmeta.
    Only Hera is new but now I can trade for ADK no worries since I have echidna too.
    My alt immediately rolled Zaerog Core. Would love that on my main. I know you can trade but I don't want to trade then immediately roll a dupe and not have fagan. I'm waiting til I roll one of them.
    My alt got then got Shelling Ford and 2 pantheon's.
    Now I can finally try to play red Shelling Ford. Looks interesting but I know no one else will keep him up.
    Really hoping we get story mode this week. Depending on my luck I might just say fuck it and trade for Minaka too. Already traded for Lutina. Love me some 1 CD cards with great stats and awakenings.

5. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, my rolls weren't half bad, pretty good in fact, 17/32 were GFE, can't complain about that.

I might have to invest in some time playing Zaerog Core and see how he goes. I'm thinking that he's really only lacking utility when it come to his subs since two of them are taken up by Kuroyuri. He's a 4/324/1 pairing with a potential 16x personal damage multiplier which is pretty nuts so his team pretty much already has the damage department taken care of and his active makes matching significantly easier, not to mention also removes time debuffs. Finding a sub to take care of FUA and awoken binds is probably the two highest priority. Finding a Fujin active is likely going to be a problem though so might have to fall on assists for that. Regardless, he does look like a fun new toy to play with so I can't be mad about it; it looks like I might trade in my token to have my own Zaerog Core to pair with since I doubt I'd want a second Fagan.

6. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Zaerog has FUA, so you’re covered there.

Depending on which dungeon you’re running, with a Kuroyuri loop, you may not even need a bind clearer. I know, it sounds like madness, but I actually haven’t been running one with my Lina/Raoh team for AA3. There’s probably some precise, unlikely series of events that’ll screw me over at some point but, so far, I’ve been clearing it pretty consistently. The healing loop lets you tank almost anything indefinitely, definitely the floors that bind you. AA3 may be the only major one where that’s a viable option, you’d certainly die to Fuma in AA2, but I thought I’d point the idea out.

Murdurus likes this.
  7. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I wasn't going to roll, but then, well you know. Wife's account did one roll for funsies and got fagan! Then two pantheons (who cares), then a Dracoblade (kyori)! So of course I had to roll, got hades #whatever, sold, 2nd tachibana (ok), 2nd izanagi (who cares), and first hideyoshi (eh). So I rage bought the holiday bundle and used the 10 stones and got fagan! Perfect to pair with the wife! And immediately turned in my token for zaerog, perfect for my rheven and domega teams!

Murdurus likes this.
  8. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Skyfalls on Kunpoo while stalling:

[​IMG]

BurningMan likes this.
  9. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I couldn't help myself and rolled the rest of my stones.

Uesugi Kenshin (new)
    Morrigu (new)
    D.Kali (new !!!)

Ok, I'm happy that spent the rest of my stones. Not sure what I'll do with Morrigu, Uesugi is a B/R Fujin with a short CD and I finally got D.Kali! I honestly don't know what I'll do with her since I have Yashamaru and originally wanted her because of her unmatchable removal but she does have a board unlock so I might still find a spot for her somewhere.

I was thinking about that last night after posting and I was like, "Hm, I might just be able to survive through whatever if I have a Kuro loop". Also, because the biggest thing that hurts from awoken binds is losing time extend awakenings most times, Zaerog's active gives me movement time to continue plowing through things if I need/want to. Definitely something to think about I suppose and it does free up options.

EDIT: Took Zaerog out for a spin and I feel like the biggest problem is not having enough SBs for Kuroyuri to be up quickly which is a strange problem to be having as most teams don't generally have an issue with actives coming up. The other problem is having a steady flow of dark orbs which is kind of hard to remedy. I suppose stalling is probably the answer and try and hoard dark orbs while clearing out other colors, can't say I'd enjoy it but it's somewhat a solution.

EDIT2: Tried Zaerog on Nidhogg and he destroyed me. My first attempt, I couldn't get enough orbs with tri-color boards so I put Megatron on as an assist for my next attempt but I wasn't able to deal enough damage with a 6 combo VDP board. I know Nidhogg has a bunch of health but it's disappointing at the same time to see Zaerog not have enough damage even on a pretty old dungeon. It looks like I might have to possibly throw on a +combo active as well as probably put on killer latents to get me that kill which is more work than I'd like but at the same time, Zaerog with Kuro loop can stall practically forever.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Main

Scheat #6
    Set #4

Alt

Hades #2
    Fagan Rai
    Denebola
    Saline #2
    Allatu #4

Huzzah! Got Rai on my alt!

Murdurus likes this.
  11. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    You need to utilize all of Zaerog's awakenings. <50, 7c and VDP so you need to do 7 combo VDP while being 50% or less HP to see his maximum damage.

12. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, I know, I just figured that because Nidhogg is older content that Zaerog wouldn't need to but a huge part of his damage come from his awakenings. I did finally kill him though, I just waited for my Bradley assist to come up and combined it with D.Meta's active.

13. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    He really needs a plus combo active somewhere for the kill shot which kinda makes him bad for longer dungeons like arenas if you have a leader swap you can just run Diao Chan and swap which works really well with his low CD the assist from fujimi really shines there.
    Being able to 7c vdp with resolve is pretty much the sole reason why the 7x6 leads are super meta right now. On a 5x6 board it's pretty hard to pull of reliably without multiple actives but on 7x6 you can often even do it on a natural board if you use a 99 turn skyfall active and only need to use an orb change in an emergency.

Personally I only pulled twice and got two pantheon dupes saving the rest of my stones for Kamen rider since ygo collab seems pretty meh with those rates.

14. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Main did good 12 rolls
    2 Sherlocks
    1 Hera
    1 Madoo
    1 Tokugawa Ieyusa
    7 fake diamonds

Alt did bad 12 rolls
    2 Sherias roots
    10 Fake diamonds.

15. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    4/13 GFEs, which is pretty reasonable. But only 6*s, sadly.

I did get my first ever DKali. Boy, was she in high demand like 3 years ago.

Oh, I see her mega evo helps with unmatchable orbs. That's cool, although I do have Melissa Mao.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm actually using D.Kali paired with C.Uruka for a 7x6 board at the moment. I used to run C.Uruka with Zinogre anyway so in a sense, it was only the next step 'up'. With D.Kali, I essentially give up damage from the 10c's I had from D.RaDra and Zinogre and the shield from Zinogre for 2x HP and RCV. I can't really decide on which team is better though and I am still missing a tape resist on the D.Kali team but with D.Kali's team, I can stall easier if I had to and not have to rely on matching full boards to keep my shield up which would usually result in clearing the floor. I also ended up getting Akine and Morrigu who I just passed up as meh but after looking through my box, they fit perfectly in my God rainbow team; so well, in fact, that I'm actually considering running Akine as a pairing rather than D.Kali.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  17. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Huh, so there's a place where I can actually use Morrigu?

iddybat likes this.