1st RemDra Fever ranking dungeon

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by hoyun, Apr 11, 2019.

1. hoyun

hoyun Well-Known Member

What is the strategy? I'm kind of lost on what to do.

2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    You want to rank up before you start depleting the specified orb color. The higher rank you are, the more combo points you get. You can do this by just making a few combos of off-colors and hording the primary color at the bottom of the board then using actives to remove them. Once you get to rank 4 or 5 (or higher depending on how good you are) you can just start comboing hard and removing the designated color.

Each rank you get less and less time to match (heals give you more time) and hit the next rank. If you are good, you can wait longer. If you struggle, maybe start clearing them around rank 3 or 4 so you don't run out of time. Just have to find your balance to maximize score...then grind away.

3. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What scores are you guys getting per run? I've been using the general strat ko mentioned and seem to average 10k per run. I think I read on Reddit thread that you should be aiming for 20k each run? I know that score scales up as you increase in rank but that still seems high to me.

4. ko300zx

User ID:
    About 10k as well. Had a couple around 18k. Problem is I'll get to rank 6 or 7 and have like 20 orbs left to clear with none on the board and I'm not fast enough to rank up so I just fail the run. Rather just get the 10k, the drop, and move on.

5. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am running about 7-11k each run, level 6 or above gets some nice points, but time moves quickly. Each win gives a nice bonus, pi, tamadra, or other stuff. No idea how to stay near the top for a Crown as percent scores drop in 10 minutes or less.

6. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've been averaging around 10k per run. I do what I can to make it to level 6 or 7 before depleting the target color but cant make it happen each time.

I've lost a few times trying to save orbs

7. ko300zx

User ID:
    You just keep grinding. It's a contribution crown.

Jph81 likes this.
  8. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    It's not a competition for a crown, you just have to get one million cumulative points.

Personally I have 200k, but my wrists would give out before I hit a million, so whatever.

9. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    I'm so far behind crowns... do I even want one at this point? I've grown to like my crownless icon.

kaylathehedgehog, Ele and MisterDrgn like this.
  10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm somewhat tempted to try and grind out for a crown, I don't think I'll break 750k at this rate unless I stone but at the same time, a crown won this way feels like a cop out and I don't feel like I deserve it.

I'm averaging about 10k or so per attempt but this is without me stalling out orbs.

11. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    even if I got 10k per run, 100 runs? not happening. I dont have that kind of time in just 2 days

12. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

This dungeon is a bad combination of too boring and too long (IMO). I can’t imagine doing this enough to hit the score limit.

13. ko300zx

User ID:
    Day 1 sucks. Hope everyone puts in some effort on Day 2 toward the server goal. It's 7x6 and pretty easy to average 50k per run.

14. tetsusaiga64

tetsusaiga64 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Do the contributions to the server goals roll over to the second round, or did they actually expect us to hit 35B in just to days?

15. ko300zx

User ID:
    Server is cumulative across all 4 days and round 2 is very easy to hit the score cap. 50k is an average run and I've seen as high as 225k.

Reddit has convinced everyone to give up and it's not going to happen so we will see how close we get. Fuck I hate that place.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If I haven't mistaken, the cap is still 1M per person per event which means that at most, a person can still only get at most 2M to contribute to the cumulative score of the server. Essentially, what I'm getting at is that if people don't try on the first event (e.g. now), it may severely impact us achieving the 35B mark down the road.

Hm, if what you say is true, then it may be easier to simply wait until the second event to get a crown... that is unless you want two crowns.

17. ko300zx

User ID:
    Correct. The vast majority of posts I've seen are, "fuck this, it's too much work, I'm calling it quits (under 100k points) for this round." That's fine if it stresses people out and they can't keep doing it. Problem is people spreading that bullshit to everyone else saying, oh well, we are only at 4 billion, we will never make it anyways, don't even bother with it. Great way to guarantee we never get there. It's also not about the REM rolls either. It's the entire mindset and precedent set by the behavior.

Tried to make a post on Reddit to explain that day 2 is easier and to keep a positive outlook, run a few more times today, because it's quite possible to hit all the goals, but it was just immediately filled with people complaining about it being too much of a grind when I already acknowledge that. I am so disgusted by 90% of the people that play this game and most any games these days. If free shit isn't sent so someone's mail when they login, then it's too much work for them. Then when they get all the free shit, they just demand more. I'm going to stop before I lose it.

Yes. If you want one, tomorrow and Sunday is much easier.

iddybat likes this.
  18. James1605

James1605 Active Member

{chuckle} Good luck to you guys. I can't even complete the da*n dungeon. I've tried maybe around 10 times between my two accounts and really don't get it, and I'm tired of throwing stamina at it. I am just not fast with this game (that's not normally required). I don't know if I've even come close to finishing. I have the feeling that I have not, but I really don't know. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck with the other dungeon(s) that you mentioned, but I'm not holding my breath.

19. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ugh, I know, so many people, not just gamers, are just so toxic and entitled now. God forbid they need to put in effort to get something good. That aside, we get something for every run we complete anyway like Globes, Tamadras and pys so I don't understand what more incentive they need to try.

Essentially, you have as much time as they give you but the timer starts immediately even if you don't move and it's cumulative time. Your goal is to match 40 of the respective color orbs for what they ask for. Hearts and leveling up increases the gauge for the amount of time you have to move but as you level up, you get less and less time maximum but the gauge refills each time you level up. The idea to maximize your points is to NOT match the colors they are asking for for as long as you can because leveling up is only determined by how many combos you make and a higher level means more points and use active skills to eliminate the respective color to make that objective easier. However, most people, such as myself, can't be bothered to maximize our points so what we do just really just combo hard and as fast as possible for mainly one reason; to get as many hearts to drop as possible to extend the timer and matching the respective colors will just come naturally. If you're unable to complete the dungeon, then it means you're not combo'ing enough to generate enough orbs and/or hearts to allow you enough time. Using Mel's active can help a little as she make hearts so if you really need some time, then it might be worthwhile to use her active.

Ele, ko300zx and iddybat like this.
  20. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I had the same issue at first, just get the target color and build from there. You can get this.