30-day art challenge thingy, let's goooooooooooo!

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by bunny86, Apr 1, 2017.

1. bunny86

bunny86 Member

So! I've been lurking around here looking at everyone's nice art for a while (y'all are awesome artists btw), and found this 30-day art challenge thing here. I'm always up for more motivation for drawing daily (coughlikeIprobablyshouldbedoingcoughcough), so I decided to take a shot at this for the month of April. Whether I finish this in 30 days or 3 months remains to be seen, but I'm hoping I won't miss a day (even though I'm busy with a family thing tomorrow, whoops). Anyways, onward!

Day 1: Starter dragon
    IMG_4292[2].JPG
    Awww yea, Plessie starter! I evolved mine to B/G and managed to max-skill it through feeding enough chimeras, although it's currently a box cheerleader. I'm surprised by how clean the lines turned out; usually it's a sketchy mess that's cleaned up like five times.

2. bunny86

bunny86 Member

I know I'm a bit late, but hey, better late than never. XD Let's go!

Day 2: First REM Roll
    IMG_4311.JPG
    I didn't know about rerolling when I started the game, so Thumbelina was my first roll. My first team was a rainbow team led by Plessie/Plesiel/Plesios, and Thumbelina was the green coverage for that team. Nowadays, she's either used as a sub or an assist for her bind clear. This is also day 1 of ?? for "how many times do I have to clean the drawing before it looks presentable".

3. bunny86

bunny86 Member

The forums were down after I had finished yesterday's drawing, so I'll put both days here.

Day 3: First REM God
    IMG_4319[1].JPG
    I didn't know about godfests when I first started, so I rolled almost every time I had five stones. Somehow, I rolled into Vishnu after lots and lots and lots of not-so-good rolls. At first, I only really used him for my chibi dqxq weekend dungeon team. After a while, I eventually built an ABastet team, and this guy was a staple sub there. Nowadays, he gets a spot on almost every green team I ever build, and I lead with him to farm Sea of Stars. For all of that use, though...

Day 4: First +297
    IMG_4364[1].JPG
    My first +297 went into the lead that started me in descends: LKali. I took some liberties in giving her an outfit, because her regular lack of clothing makes it hard to keep her sfw. She was my lead for descends until I got ABastet going, so she was fully plussed first. She's not great as a lead nowadays, but I still whip her out every once in a while to do an easier descend. She also farms Zeus & Hera pretty well (with the help of Anubis's counter).

aFireBlaze, Ovine, graps and 2 others like this.
  4. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    You have a very cute style. I really like that Vishnu :3

aFireBlaze likes this.
  5. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Thanks! :D I have some good news for today, then.

Day 5: Favorite Attacker Type
    IMG_4370[1].JPG
    Yup, I'm predictable. I have a lot of attackers types in my box that I like, but in the end I decided to go with Vishnu. His uuvo art saddens me in that he loses all of his stuff and his nose; how is he supposed to whack anything in the head without a club? Also, I draw him with a smile so much that I forget his art is pretty serious in PAD. Whoops.

6. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Sometimes, I wonder if I should start drawing a bit earlier. Oh well, here I am.

Day 6: Favorite Balanced Type
    verdandi.JPG Whee, Verdandi! My go-to farming lead for biweeklies and some descends. I was really excited when she won that tournament buff, but I don't think I'll be using the cross component of her leader skill unless I'm pairing with Acala. Flat 3.5x buff, woo. Although, as much as I like her, I really don't need five of her in my box.

7. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Well, let's get to it.

Day 7: Favorite Physical Type
    asusano.JPG Representing my general confusion on how to draw muscles and body parts, ASusano. My first hypermax, a generally-good shield who fits into most of my fragile teams but Gungho where is his SBR. There's not a whole lot of physical types that I like, and most of those aren't cards I would think of when I see "physical type". His revo art throws me off for some reason; maybe it's his expression?

aFireBlaze, kraizel, graps and 2 others like this.
  8. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Hoo boy, daily life struck into my drawing plans. The forums were down again after I had finished day 8's drawing. I didn't get to finish day 9's drawing on time, so I figured that I'd only be one day late. Then I unexpectedly fainted twice on Monday and couldn't do any drawing until today. That was fun. I guess being two days late isn't terrible, though.

Day 8: Favorite Healer Type
    DQXQ.JPG
    DQXQ! The sisters who carried me through normals and technicals and my first few descends. I intend to keep them in my slot 1 forever, and they'll always have a place in my heart (even though their revo could be a bit better).

Day 9: Favorite Dragon Type
    hinomitsuha.JPG
    Hoo boy, dragons. Half the reason I started playing this game in the first place. There's like seven dragon cards that I consider to be my favorites. I asked a friend which dragon I should draw and they picked Hinomitsuha, so here we are. I like her art, and she's been a great sub for RaDra and revo Anubis.

9. graps

graps Well-Known Member

User ID:
    385 693 374
    I swear, it goes down every weekend now >A>
    Cute drawings, can't wait to see more c:

10. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Thanks! :D Funny enough, the forums were down yet again when I tried to post yesterday's drawing. Huh.

Day 10: Favorite Devil Type
    revo bastet.JPG
    Like as if this were a contest. Okay, maybe I debated drawing Krishna for a moment, but I really like Bastet. She was the lead I used to plow through most descends, and I saved my first arena clear for her, just because. I like all the cats in her revo art, but I didn't want to draw all...eight or so of them? I can't tell.

Day 11: Favorite Machine Type
    pollux.JPG
    I think Constellation 1 is a cute pantheon, and I like Pollux the most. I don't dislike any of their art, and their seasonal versions are super cute. I feel a little weird that I drew Pollux's outfit nearly unchanged yet gave LKali a new one, but at least I can pretend Pollux's outfit is some sort of swimsuit. Y'know, a swimsuit that only covers her front side. Plausible.

11. bunny86

bunny86 Member

Hm, I could've sworn I already uploaded day 12's drawing. Maybe I didn't click the "post reply" button, who knows. And I started day 13's drawing really late and while I was rerolling in Crash Fever, whoops, so I took another day to finish it.

Day 12: The best king slime
    king flamie.JPG
    I've never actually used any of the king slimes in a team. I do have a Big Flamie from the tutorial team, so I decided to draw King Flamie to round out the collection. They can actually drop from Zeus & Hera's descend; I was surprised when one dropped while I was farming it.

Day 13: Favorite Normal/Technical dungeon boss
    defoud.JPG
    Honestly, I farmed Defoud's dungeon for Strawberry Dragon and Blodin skillups, but I max-skilled one cuz I like their art. What saddens me about this game is that half the normal/technical bosses that drop are near-useless. At least Defoud can act as a light maker that can also clear jammers. Had to scale this one down quite a bit, as apparently my phone takes pictures that are too big to upload.

Ovine, aFireBlaze and WatermelonOwl like this.
  12. bunny86

bunny86 Member

I thought this would be a quick drawing, but then I couldn't decide between two cards. So I drew them both.

Day 14: Favorite Descend Bosses
    izanami and medjedra.JPG
    Medjedra tends to pop up on my notes in random places, so I assume that means I like them a lot. At first, I only wanted to draw Medjedra, but I remembered Izanami and figured "well, why not both?" I've used DIza much more than Medjedra on my teams, but I like her regular evo art more than her uevo art.

Ovine and aFireBlaze like this.
  13. bunny86

bunny86 Member

I'm aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive! Homework load picked up a bit, along with a lack of motivation to draw and playing CF on the side. Also I tried drawing the prompt three or four times, but kept erasing them because the pose didn't really feel right. :/

Day 15: Favorite (ex-)Biweekly Dragon
    yamato takeru dragon.JPG
    I really like Yamato Takeru Dragon in Tsubaki's uevo art; the wing stretching into the foreground is a nice touch. Then they became a biweekly boss and Tsubaki food, and I had to get at least one for the pretty art. They're sitting around max-skilled from the initial two-week period, but oh man do I like pretty art.

graps, Ovine and WatermelonOwl like this.
  14. WatermelonOwl

WatermelonOwl Smol light demon

User ID:
    399 756 307
    Always nice to see some dragon art! :heart:

15. bunny86

bunny86 Member

One of my weaknesses is pretty dragon art. Half the reason I started playing PAD was for the dragons, and hoo boy was I disappointed when I found out all the cool-looking dragon bosses weren't actually useful for anything. :(

This one's pretty small, so it was done relatively quick. Most of the uploaded pictures on this thread are at least 3x as big as the actual drawings; in reality, about 4-6 drawings fit onto one 8.5"x11" sheet of paper.

Day 16: Favorite Skill Up Fodder
    fire shibamaru.JPG
    Back when Fire and Dark Dog Dragons first came out, I remember farming a bunch of Fire Shibamaru to skill up my newly-rolled Sanada Yukimura. I managed to get him, GZL, and Dragon Shogun max-skilled, and had a stockpile of 25 Dark Shibamaru waiting for if I ever rolled Akechi Mitsuhide. Fast-forward to about six months later, I finally rolled him during PCGF. Max-skilled right off the bat. Then I rolled another one the next day and had to farm Dark Carnival to max-skill that one. Those Shibamaru were worth it, though.

graps and Ovine like this.