300 Days Resolution

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Technically 301 days because I'm a terrible lazy bum >.>

But, whatever. In fact, being a terrible lazy bum is a relevant subject. I don't play Puzzle and Dragons as ferociously or devotedly as other people on this forum, and I don't mind that. I have enough on my procrastination plate as it is. However, I have a lingering habit of basically cheating and since joining this forum and getting a tad more involved I've felt a lot worse for indulging in it, so I'd like to stop that here.

Basically, I've been abusing PAD Solver for a really long time. I know that I can be okay at combos without it, I regularly achieve around 6 combos when speeding freely through easier dungeons and if I take awhile to plan I usually attain 7. However, stage fright usually means that I fail terribly when it counts, unless I plan for a long time...or don't, because PAD Solver is terribly easy and often terribly effective. It usually takes a while to memorize and execute a combo, but it still means a near constant stream of 6-8 combos with little to no planning on my part, often with quite a fair amount of skyfalls due to the many cascades it involves.

I don't want to do that anymore. All of my victories have been thrilling, but dishonest, and I'm not going to grow as a player this way. If I were playing alone as I once did I wouldn't care in the slightest, I'm going to be honest on that, but as a small part of a community who likes to share my high points I'd feel better if those high points were actually earned.

So yeah. It's deleted off my phone now, along with the miscellaneous Japanese combo app I had, and no matter how poorly I do in the future they and any other combo apps are staying off. Instead, I'm keeping Pad Prax. Not sure how I'm going to do, but as a relic of this day I have a potential new lead and sub in the form of Set and Rozuel thanks to the Godfest. For now, I'm kinda pleased with my decision. :>

2. HeartlessIndigo

HeartlessIndigo Inactive Member

PADherder:
    link
  3. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    when I started I used to fool with this

http://serizawa.web5.jp/puzzdra_the...55350022110333350400&route=38,4&ctwMode=false

that's how I learned when I started using my 1st lead (sakuya)

I entered my earliest descends (beorc and sowilo) failed them, but during those runs and later descends (is and ur) I was using that as a way to find solutions, and make a "trial and error" before applying it to the situation

eventually I got way too into pad and started playing it on my commutes to school, I can't bring my desktop comp (where I use the sim) to the bus obv

and I eventually was weened off depending on it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe in you owo

interest in the game and the desire to be better is what'll guarantee your success

Nemesis likes this.
  4. joshuabaku

joshuabaku Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    Once you realize its often actually easier to combo without it you will be amazed at what you can do!

Nemesis likes this.