3p dungeons are the worst

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Sunsphere, May 5, 2020.

1. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

I think generally gungho does a good job with new content etc. but the very nature of random matchmaking across all users with varying skills and boxes means that it is becoming harder and harder to clear these new dungeons via that mode. Even with top teams for some, inevitably the less polished teams and players get squashed. Between this one and raziel I'm finding that I either have to do 3p with my alt (via 2p room), or dc, or plan extensively via discord or something (which I don't have time for). It's too bad that such an otherwise fun mode is becoming so annoying.

2. chazzyclaws

chazzyclaws slightly bemused

I haven't even been able to run the last 10 or so 3 player descends at all due to nobody even joining a room. (I've tried for hours to no avail), the changing of the timer from 30 seconds to 15 really killed multiplayer.

3. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Active Member

Really? That's weird, I find that during the first few days especially I have no problems getting randoms to join for all difficulty levels. It's only once everyone has cleared it that it becomes harder to get a room. I've also generally observed that the first day is the best day, as all the really skilled players want to knock out the dungeon and move on.

4. MagicMatcher

MagicMatcher Sacred Life Cow <3

PADherder:
    link
    You can disconnect from the 3P and play 1P (hopefully if you're not P1 there's not a dumb preempt on F1 that screws you over) though it's not as fun I suppose. You can even get your SA back which is nice in itself (though in a future update we get SA and solo badges even in the 3P mode).

Getting a 3/3 room with autojoin is fairly hard especially depending on the difficulty/dungeon. I find that a lot of my friends have to ask to do lower levels of new descends, for example.