3P mode is fucking cancer

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by ViewtifulGene, Jun 19, 2017.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Whoever decided to put 3 player mode in this game deserves 300 shots to the testicles with a staple railgun. That's what it fucking feels like trying to fucking finish 3P Arena.

I try to run with people I can trust and fucking nobody is fucking available when I fucking am. Take all the massive fucking pains in the fucking ass associated with finding one fucking partner that won't fucking fuck you in the fucking ass, and fucking double that. FUCK, you can't even fucking solo this shit with a stamina tax because it's all fucking 3P exclusive.

I run with who is available and all I get are fucking jackasses that couldn't connect 3 fucking yellow orbs in a fucking Olympic pool of elephant piss. I'm talking the kind of jackass that has played the game long enough to get 750K fucking MP but can't do 5 fucking combos with DAthena. I'm talking the kind of jackass that brings Aizen with zero precautions for DQ. I'm talking the kind of jackass that spams fucking heartbreak skyfall buff actives when all your fucking teammates are fucking rainbow leads and need to fucking heal once in a while.

Then you actually do get a room with some people you can fucking trust, only to get sprayed with horseshit anyway. Fucking Izanami pre-emptive on top of fucking back to back to back to back to back to back to back 99% gravity spam, on top of fragmented turns so that nobody ever gets the chance to heal in time. Fucking 30 SECONDS to move ORBS, which is hardly enough to pick a good starting point when all your orb movement time is gone and you only have 1 HP. And you can't just use an active because you have to fucking save active for your fucking Metatron burst. And you can't just leave that shit to your partner because your partner will fuck up because he has to swim in all the same fucking horseshit as you.

And then you have to keep fucking switching your goddamn motherfucking inherits because orb refresh is fucking useless on Arena but mandatory for UDR, with guard crush being mandatory for Arena and fucking useless on UDR.

Thank you fuck you bye.

FUCK

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    So wait, you DO or DON'T like 3p? I'm getting mixed signals.

:hilarious: Always entertaining and agree with a lot of that. The 30 seconds is ridiculous. Good luck trying to tell your partner to stall a turn or something. I also don't understand why 2p shares skill boosts, but in 3p, which obviously takes longer to get actives up, does not. And if there's not going to be shared HP, SBs, etc, you think they would let us at least use a badge. You mentioned Aizen. I wanted to try him but 1) HP sucks ass without the badge and 2) not sure my shield would be up in time for things like DQ. Alternative is to bring base subs with better actives, but most of the time they are a massive down downgrade overall.

Just seems they really missed the mark with a lot of things. Took 2 tries (30 secs got us first time) to do 3p Arena, and they will probably be my last for a while unless its just to kill stam with someone. All of the solo Arenas are significantly better XP, and A3 of course has much better rewards in killer latents. Why would people do this for more than just the stone...

3. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Im gonna be honest, nothing about 3P makes sense in context of 2P. its all the problems of solo mixed with all the problems of 2P but with an extra person to really fuck it up.

Reine, GrinD and ViewtifulGene like this.
  4. LordAx

LordAx Thunder God

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can't wait for Yog to come out on NA

ill just find 2 people with Yog and i'll just use a tanky af team and let them do all the dirty work

foxwaffles and xer 21 like this.
  5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Can't you DC and go solo?

6. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

Easy peasy, just make two alternate accounts. If u realy luv PAD u'd do it

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    xer 21 likes this.
  7. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

3p is supposed to be the fun mode, so it's best to treat it like that. after all a solo or 2p arena run would be a lot more convenient and easier to run so 3p arena is really just to kill some time. but I also think it helps to run teams that can solo the 3p dungeon too if need be. then your teammates are really just cheap preemptive shields that sometimes might come in handy. if you see that a someone is running a team that is not skill lock immune just disconnect and run solo.

8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah the 3p arena isn't offering any unique rewards and the ultra annihilation bosses are basically grab one of them and be done way easier to skill them up with pii.
    So its largely to burn stamina for fun although those three combo heartcross players heart starving you or people bringing anubis who shouldn't can be rage inducing i also met some nice people preparing the board for others

9. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    3P was created for the following purpose :

1)Share some laughs (some)
    2)Learn new bad words and try to say that to your "partner" pressing one single button called "nice".
    3)Test your true skill (now you have more 2 enemy's to worry about)
    4)Learn the new conception of SMFM (solo multiplayer fucking mode).
    5) Realize that you can't share good stuffs (only the bad one)
    6)Understand what "Auto-Match" means, (it's like set up a date with a girl you meet on Aol chat)

hahaha

10. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

time to learn how to spell "fuck you" in morse code.

Chartheblade, xer 21, Tyizor and 2 others like this.
  11. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    You give me a great idea... pop up one orb changer and write a big "F" with the orbs.

ViewtifulGene likes this.
  12. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally got 2 partners that had half a clue and cured this fucking cancer. Ronove and Radra died on Vishnu, leaving my Dathena team to go for DMeta. I cleared most of the locked orbs on the first turn and then did Balboa + Carat + Ryune for the one-shit.

Glad that shit is over with. I don't mind the Lovecraft dungeon because it's only 7 floors and it has new and exciting drops. 22 floor 3P dungeons can fuck themselves though.

foxwaffles and xer 21 like this.
  13. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I always solve boards like this:
    :dark::dark::dark::dark::dark::dark:
    :dark::water::dark::dark::water::dark:
    :water::water::water::water::water::water:

It's the " :| " face.

20matar likes this.
  14. relicss

relicss Active Member

Today i experienced D.athena cancer wave i was honestly surprised dude had like perfect team yet he couldnt match water with dark i have no idea what he would do if he also had to heal
    obviously we died after 3 floors i wasnt angry just shocked how bad ppl are

15. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    God, I havent even thought about arena yet. LOL. I ran the MP descended rush to get one of each of the drops, thats about it. Not ashamed to say I stoned for two of them. I was the last man standing on all three of them. I spent two stones on the green one, mainly because I got Another Geist with his 75% shield up so it took me two turns to kill him. (The main reason I stoned was for him since I dont have him). And I didnt have a solution for the green one's full blind board so I just ate a stone and then killed him. I think Azathoth costed me 4 stones with anubis. Totally worth it if you ask me. If I rolled Azathoth in a REM for 5 stones I would be thrilled LOL.

One thing I noticed is that I don't suck at this game that bad LOL. And 3-P co-op confirms my belief that too many people read that 3 Haku and Loki is the optimal Dath setup so they run it, even when they obviously can't combo well enough in 5.5 seconds to use it. Team comps in PAD are like diets, they are useless unless you can use them. Saw a lot of "Optimal" Dath and Kushi setups. Sure, the perfect Kushi team is great, but if you are only getting 5-6 combos, it sucks balls. LOL.

foxwaffles and wangatang0830 like this.
  16. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    A solo DC guarantees a gruesome death by exhaustion at the 4 chronically masturbating hands of Vishnu.

Chartheblade likes this.
  17. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I thought if you had 3 Haku and Loki you were just fast forwarded to the "Clear!" screen in every dungeon. No? I know some really good people that won't touch Kushi in coop because that 2 sec badge can be so important. Dathena is a little better since you don't need 7c to kill things, but with all the time debuffs in the Arenas, it can still be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Again, if it is supposed to be a fun mode, they missed the mark. There are none of the perks of 2p, and you play a solo team without the perks of a solo run either. But, you get to share all the bad shit the dungeon throws at your partners. None of that equates to fun.

xer 21 and bp1976 like this.
  18. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

the only thing standing in the way is the stamina cost imo, although the usual stamina reduction events for 3p kinda fix that. can't really get too mad about an arena run for 25 stamina. and you do have some perks like certain spawns might be easier to handle for a partner or something. the usual leads requiring coop also work and those are OP anyway.

19. bp1976

bp1976 Pittsburgh, PA Born and Raised

User ID:
    Hahaha exactly my point! I am serious when I say that I think people truly thought that. (Evidenced by the number of people I have already seen in 3P running that team without the skill level to pull it off).

ko300zx likes this.
  20. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I haven't had much practice with my Kush team either and decided to try it in 3P mode and it wasn't pretty, decided better to run Haku 2x plus Diaochan 2x just for the extra move time.