3P Scherazade is just the worst

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, Jun 15, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    What a terrible idea for a 3P dungeon. Aside from some other annoyances, Anubis just sucks. If the player before you doesn't have a way to hit a 10-combo and doesn't have poison resist, you are blessed with a board full of poison.

As someone who was running a team with 100% poison resist and long-CD board changers (Zela Kitty team), I found that the best thing to do was disconnect and play the dungeon solo. Generally speaking, I really dislike DC-ing because it means abandoning other players who invested a lot of stamina in the dungeon and likely could use the help. But in this case, what else are you going to do? I only ran the 3P dungeons enough to get the stone, but during those runs I found myself waiting to the last moment and then DC-ing when I knew I was about to get a poison board.

It just felt frustrating.

2. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    its truly awful. myth was harder than annihilation because WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE POISON RESISTS

3. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    People just don't have them. I had Diablos and Amatsu before I had Rathian. I've rolled hundreds of stones in MH and only have two at this point. They were my first two poison resist equips with more than 1 resist (still are) which I got at rank 920 something. I have as many Amatsus as Rathians. Other collab options are even rarer and 5 trojan horses just isn't a smart purchase. /shrug Some people just can't make 100%.

Best bet is to find someone in discord (or here) who wants to DC and run it solo. No point in auto matching in a dungeon like this.

4. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yes, or if you don't have a convenient way to find people to run with, you can auto match and DC and feel like a jerk.

ko300zx likes this.
  5. ko300zx

User ID:
    Just change your name in game first :hilarious:

MisterDrgn likes this.
  6. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I went in as usual expecting the worse (and I don't personally mind) and carried some total noob-ass through the end along with an okay-ass in annihilation. The noob-ass stoned lol.

Fortunately, this dungeon is not really difficult, nothing hits too hard and even the resolves are not meaningful.
    I just got out of Anubis ASAP since I was the only one with (100%) Poison resist. Was a bit more difficult on firebird as I got blind boards twice in a rows.

All in all, makes the run exciting as the dungeon itself was not as much if you didn't purposefully handicap yourself. Unexpected spice is better anyway haha :p

I know it's not the popular opinion, but I'll never DC in 3P, whatever opponents (yes, sometimes you might as well call them opponents) I get as to me it's kind of a contract. I just go there over-prepared and just assume the worst of everyone.

But to be fair, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. If you go there with a team capable of clearing solo without help, you should be able to be roughed up by a mistake or two without it becoming too risky. You'll still clear, help someone and everyone will be happy! That's my mindset anyway...

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I'm not sure if you read the other posts in this thread. That is the popular opinion, which is why I hate this dungeon. When I'm running Zela Kitty, all my board changers are on long CDs. So if someone gives me a board of poison, I'm just dead, period, no way around it--I can pass, but everyone else will pass back to me. If I die, it doesn't help anyone else clear the dungeon, so I DC at the moment where I know that's about to happen, and then I feel bad about it.

I guess I could have subbed it a shorter-CD active to deal with poison, but no short-CD actives that help me hit 10-combos come to mind, and if I don't hit a 10-combo, it's just gonna come around back to me.

ko300zx likes this.
  8. axlpowa

User ID:
    Do you have Avalon Drake? I brought him especially for this dungeon since you don't need anything special. Has 4 SB and inherited the usual resist over it. Gives you a shorter CD board change AND more SB for the longer CD ones. I'm pretty sure you could afford to bring two tbh, but I was always fine with one.

If not, you could always bring Rex? Ronove? If it's just to protect you from the poison... Then match the board and hope for 10c. I don't know all of you cards.

9. ko300zx

User ID:
    How well prepared you are is only part of the equation in 3p. You can be prepared with 100% resists to everything, and one bad member of the group can handicap the other two. 3p is massively flawed in that regard. Your resists and setup benefits the next person in line more that it does you. If the person before you has no resists, you are the one who gets screwed. You can have a board change ready for something like Anubis, but if there was perhaps a skill bind on an earlier floor, and someone doesn't have 100% SBR, everyone is skill bound so your board change becomes useless. Everyone has to be 100% prepared or you may end up only being as strong as the weakest member of the group. There are only two certain safeties. DC'ing or finding a partner or two before hand. Anytime you join randomly, you are rolling the dice. No amount of preparation can save you from someone who joins with 6 carbuncles.

10. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know why people feel so bad to dc in 3p
    Its not like it's called carry mode and i am not jeopardizing my chances to win to carry someone through a dungeon who clearly isn't prepared in the slightest

11. axlpowa

User ID:
    Well, I don't see why people care so much about a single stone anyways nowadays that they will go through so much trouble if they can't reliably do it?

I personally never had that much trouble that it warranted all these rant/whine posts blaming others. When I go in 3P, it's to do 3P. If for some reason the dungeon would be so risky, then I guess I can skip one stone cause what is one stone worth nowadays anyway?

If you can't handle the jankiness of random 3P like everyone else, then don't do random 3P, it's just rude to DC. But again, that's my unpopular opinion. Every time I carry a beginner with a jank team in an annihilation dungeon, I'm happy because I know I've helped them and they are probably happy too. Now they are this close much close to SRevo Bastet or whatever meta card they are trying to get.

Now, of course it would be better if I would be matched every time with God tier players for super smooth runs, but again, it's going to mean you will be the liability and they will DC on YOU.