6.4 Data Download Infinite Loop

Discussion in 'JP General' started by Sumimi, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Gekikara

Gekikara Member

Weirdest part is that I didn't have this loop problem before, but after the update, I got it ...

I've checked on some discussions, it seems like only Australia and NZ are affected .. Hope they will fix it soon !!

2. MrBounce

MrBounce New Member

So no fix to this I take it?
    Aside from setting my device to JP time that is.

3. Raelcun

Raelcun New Member

I;m still having the problem even after the 6.4.1 update. Is there anyone else with me? :(

4. sdyzpjt

sdyzpjt Member

Is 6.4.1 update for android released yet? All I saw was iOS version update.

5. zmxlegend

zmxlegend New Member

For Android users, there is a convenient and free app called TimeZone Switcher, which can automatically change your time zone to Japan once you open the puzzle and dragon, and change to your normal time zone once you close p&d. Here:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lkland.padtimezone

6. sdyzpjt

sdyzpjt Member

Nice app! Thanks!

7. iscribble

iscribble New Member

Dang, it switches timezones when I launch either the JP or the US application :-/

8. zmxlegend

zmxlegend New Member

Now the problem is solved at least in my time zone in the 6.4.1 version of Android

9. Mr. Shred

Mr. Shred New Member

Same! Switched back to EST and no problems! :D

I'm almost used to seeing my time in JP time now... :p

10. DENCHI

DENCHI New Member

Tried deleting and redownloading the PAD app on iOS and it still doesn't work... this is getting frustrating!

11. ANoblePose

ANoblePose New Member

So I keep getting the message that I need to download the new version. I have an iPad 1 so it says my ios version is too old to switch to my Japanese itunes account. When I downloaded the app originally I had to do it through my PC. Problem is the update screen automatically sends my the the app store on my ipad to update, where I get the message saying the item i've requested is not available in the US app store. And when I try to update by ipad into my pc to update through itunes on there, i go to the pazudora page on the japanese itunes and the download button is grayed out (meaning i've already downloaded the app) instead of saying "update". any suggestions?

12. ANoblePose

ANoblePose New Member

weird, all i did was change the time zone on my ipad to tokyo time and reopen the game and it worked fine, in fact it didn't even make me download the update at all. how is that?

13. ZombhezBrains

ZombhezBrains "What do you mean zombies don't have brains?"

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The update isn't happening in JP right now, but it thought it was when you had it set to your time. So when you change to JP time, it doesn't download anything because there is nothing to download.

14. five6four

five6four Member

it looks like 6.4.2 hasnt been posted to the itunes store yet.

15. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Member

seems download loop is back on android, after i updated my device rom (Android) the game got stuck in download loop, and changing timezone only gets the app in freezing mode for a while and after a while it goes back into download mode again

16. MisterG

MisterG I lost the Game.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't know if it was a good idea to revive a necro post (from February)...
    Anyway if you just upgraded your rom on Android I have one question:
    - Do you have a custom rom (like Cyanogenmod)?

If yes, the problem is that the new upgrade screwed up permissions on your device (happened the same to me) you can either downgrade to a previous version and retry the upgrade or reinstall everything again using the new version.

If you are not using a custom rom but the stock one, I'm pretty confident that the problem could be the same, with permission revoked/changed so the apk cannot upgrade and you get the infinite loop. I wanted to go back to the custom rom anyway, so I did a new install and everything worked fine after that.

Hope this helps

EDIT: grammar... such a pain.

17. black-wolf

black-wolf New Member

Well I've tried the fix permissions on boot but didn't work... :| can't think of nothing else besides going back to the old version...

18. KuroNeko

KuroNeko Member

this problem is still there even after acouple pad updats , best rom this game can run on is [ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod] [GCC 4.8] [Excellent] ArchiDroid V2.5.2 , anything newer is download loop, i tried asking archi to but he dont know what cause it , but im sure its inthe fixes they make for archi roms, something locks out pad only