6x7 as a leader skill

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Haku-ku-ku, Jan 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Should we consider a 6x7 board leader skill an atk/rcv boost? 6x7 is 40% more orbs than 5x6, so if you're able to use them productively, should we consider 6x7 in evaluating a leader skill?

6x7 seems required for a lead like revo Anubis, and boosts combo based leads in general. I imagine this is also true for color leads, reduces orb trolling, and maybe enables you to run random orb spawners like the Indian 2 safely.

So for all this... Anyone running a 6x7 lead?

2. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All the good Heroine REM rolls convert to 7x6, Tifa converts 7x6, and Aten is a 7x6 lead. Aside from those, I can't think of any other really good ones that convert to a 7x6 board in NA. Not that I run any of those >.>

3. Vahneo

Vahneo Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    At the moment, we only have Tifa and Aten as 6x7 at NA. I'm not sure about Aten, but Tifa is nut.
    6x7 board can:
    - boost your attack and RCV via more orb
    - boost your attack via more combo
    - avoid combo shield
    - MORE skyfall
    - limit orb troll, hence lower the need of orb changer, and increase the consistence of orb hungry leader.

4. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    What about a 4x5 lead that allows matching of 2 orbs xD

Grokitach, dumpong, Shift17 and 2 others like this.
  5. pad_n00b

pad_n00b Hot.

Sounds neat but skyfalls will be way too common

6. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Surely there will be a crazy OP LS with the drawback that it makes a 5x4 board someday.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All I know is it's a god send they make 5x4 boards into 6x7.

Reine likes this.
  8. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    + no skyfall combo :D

9. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sounds perfect for when there will inevitably be a 5x4 version of arena. You know you want to see that.

pad_n00b likes this.
  10. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    I run Tifa

She's certainly impressive for a 25x lead, partially due to the absurd number of rows and partially due to the large board

11. Deft

Deft SR388-resident

I run Tifa combined with a friend Xiu Min.
    Awesome combination !

edit: I believe it is 175x when you make a blob (row preferred) of 10 lights + one extra light combo.

12. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Aten plus revo Anubis is pretty good actually, at x150 with generally solid natural board solve any given board fairly fluidly around the usual mix of enemy shifts and tweaks.

Finding a friend with an Aten up as a lead. Jesus. The struggle is real. It's like mission impossible there.

Snagged a bare handful runs while someone did (gone now :-/), and thought it was both very capable and very fun.

13. PADRagnarok

PADRagnarok New Member

User ID:
    I'm currently working on a video showing Aten plus Reincarnated Anubis. It's definitely a strong combination

Grokitach likes this.
  14. Haku-ku-ku

Haku-ku-ku Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Was waiting for king tans to get mine ready, but I gotta say, 5 color + 10 combos seems balls hard even at 6x7

15. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I usually just go for raw combo count, and the colors work themselves out along the way incidentally. I pretty much just impressionist glance the board actually has all the colors versus being an urgent OHKO. You get considerably more skyfalls on 6x7 boards if you've roamed all over the area, which is not obvious until you reflect upon the math and-or playfeel it.

I average 8 on a regular board, with wasted time most turns, so 10 on a 6x7 is not as hard as it seems in prospect, and it's nice to actually make use of all the turn time. 950 days or so. Diverse leads for fun but also for pattern / skill set development.

It does take a while to get used to packing in combos tightly on the larger size, but it's actually quite friendly to tpa 4s. And to dealing with ratio askew boards from changes or weird naturals -- things occassional get dense and it's tricky to separate colors from blobbing together. You get used to it fairly quickly if you've been dabbling at playing cascade Anubis previously on 5x6 boards though. Else there's always board change.

I've juuust hit the point where I've stopped hoarding pii and just skill whatever, because arena farming. Though prior I hoarded, and I still have 200 or so miscellany for mostly unplayables waiting on king tans. Completionist impulse....

Nemesis likes this.
  16. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

6x7 is a HUGE boost, moreso than the simple math of it would lead you to believe.

Tifa is a 5x/25x lead. 25x is rather unimpressive these days. On a 5x6 board, it probably wouldn't be worth playing for most serious P&Ders, because they would almost certainly have better. But on a 6x7 board, it is fucking whackadoodle strong. It has so many benefits that aren't necessarily immediately apparent.

-40% more orbs to choose from.
    -Minimum combo shields become laughable.
    -You can run a rows team and minimum combo requirements are STILL laughable.
    -40% more orbs means more damage, higher combos, and better healing.
    -You are MUCH more likely to get skyfall combos (which can occasionally be disaster).
    -Easier to conserve orbs.

Tifa is my go-to lead for almost anything. If I'm going blind into a new dungeon, I use her. A1, I use her. A2, I use her. Rogues, I use her. OSC, I use her. Even in dungeons that I know will have light/fire absorbs, I use her.

I also have Aten, but I don't enjoy rainbow leads.

Personally, I would absolutely DIE for a 6x7 dark lead. The power that leads like Noctis or Kaioh or Aizen would have with a 6x7 co-lead boggles my mind. Unfortunately, Romia (Heroine) is the only one I'm aware of, and her LS could make that less than ideal. Still doable, just not amazing. I have to say though, that a Romia/Awoken Meimei x4/Noctis system would be insane-o.
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/sim...8..2075.99.1.99.99.99.8..3305.99.1.99.99.99.9

100% SLR, all skills ready on turn one, almost entire team has double TPAs, 4 hastes, and the entire team is physical, so a physical enhance SI on Noctis or Romia, and a shield SI on the other, should pretty much cover all your bases.

GungHo has been VERY conservative with 6x7 leaderskills, and I suspect it's because they know how incredible they could potentially be.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Grokitach and Nemesis like this.
  17. acx

acx Somewhere over the rainbow

PADherder:
    link
    New three kingdoms 2 pantheon in jp has Shima yi. 7x6 3.5 atk and 1.5rcv for dark and water match.

Grokitach, Nemesis, yamo and 2 others like this.
  18. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

but with base 6* rolls, not 5* rolls...

19. lemontree

lemontree coop is my only weakness

User ID:
    6x7 is a double edge sword for row teams and people with small phone screen.

20. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

I play on an iPad Pro. I'd use a 12x14 board if I could.

Deft likes this.