[9/6-9-13] Zeus Challenge Results

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Striku, Sep 7, 2015.

1. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My team isn't nearly as good as yours. Best I can use is the incoherent ghetto arrangement of Kali/Blue Odin/Awoken Isis/Izanagi.

My only damage reducers besides Isis are a useless, unskilled Izanami and an off-color Kushi. Both feel like dead weight at this point. Kush throws the party's damage out rhe window and Nami throws the party's RCV out the window. And getting past Athena is a bitch when I need full health to survive the Dios pre-emptive with Isis.

2. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Rungs 1-4 cleared with either Osiris or Horus.

Have died 4 times to God Rush now. 2 to legit bad play; died on gaia because I matched hearts too soon, and another on Satan because I failed one combo too many. One of the deaths is where I accidentally dealt ~4.5 million to Athena, outright killing her after a shining spear which converted my hearts to light. No shield was up (nor HP high enough) -- died to Jupiter pre-empt. And the other I'm going to call RNG screwage. While waiting out Gaia's fire absorb she converted my hearts to hearts. Twice.

A. Horus / LKali / AIsis / Orochi / Susano / A.Horus

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this -_-

3. domon

domon Well-Known Member

Hmm, yeah the only reason I have Blue Odin in there at all is because he's +297 and he covers dark for me while giving me the heal option to get past Athena.

I don't know if you'll have time this go around, but you may want to consider leveling up Hero Sowilo for the future. She gives you a 35% damage reduction (albeit on a long counter) and a light board enhance that can really help. She's a 20 CD but on a level like this where you have to stall for a while on Gaia anyway, it isn't too hard to get her up in time.

4. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Tried with Izanami in tow and died twice more. Fuck Izanami. I knew that zombie bitch was fucking useless. She threw all my damage out the window along with the RCV.

Sowilo would be useful if I were permitted to have skill ups for her. 20 turns is impractical for a team with no HP. My Kali team's max number of skill boosts is 10. I can't afford to stall an extra 5 on Athena. I'll have to save that for later.

5. magus152

magus152 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Got it all down!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Final tally:
    Zeus - Robu
    Zeus Dios - Robu
    Zeus Vulcan - Bonia
    Zeus Mercury - Bonia
    God Rush - A. Bastet

Only two dungeons resulted in any deaths for me: Mercury and God Rush. I ended up dying twice on Mercury when I tried with Bastet. The first time I forgot that Apollo also binds green and wasted my bind clear on Kraken. I don't remember how I died the other time, probably just flubbing a combo somewhere important. In any case, I got fed up, switched to Bonia, and stat-blocked my way through.

As for God Rush, my only death was on my first attempt when I killed Athena without activating Kushinada, so Dios one shot me on the following floor. Classic mistake >.>

Edit: Also, as a consolation prize, God Rush was kind enough to drop Gaia for me! Now I can finally awaken my Hades.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  6. Snowflake

Snowflake Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    goemon prehit etc :p

7. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Done, also Fat dragon rare spawn my arse (He showed up 2 for 2).
    [​IMG]
    Easy with my Shiva team:
    [​IMG]
    Used Cao Cao on Zeus Dios, blew up, Verd+Shiva on Fattie. Then just delayed Stratios, used a few boards, Kagu and done.

8. rdj522

rdj522 Active Member

In order of clear:

Zeus-Dios
    - Lucifer/Lucifer
    Zeus - Lucifer/Awoken Haku (I actually screwed up here and didn't have any fire in the team; luckily Z&H's gravity and the Morning Star change pulled through for me)
    Zeus Vulcan - Lucifer/Lucifer
    God Rush - Lucifer/Lucifer

Unfortunately Zeus Mercury isn't panning out for me with that setup, pretty much entirely because of Midgard. With Athena/AHorus, Athena/Athena, and Ark/ABastet I can at least make it to Apollo, but even with bindclears I'm apparently not good enough with burst leads to get through. Maybe Athena/AVenus, assuming that can still make it through Midgard with enough orbchange...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

ZeroX21xx, diteace, _Johny and 2 others like this.
  9. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    All done. Snow globes are always appreciated, but I'm drowning :drowning: in jewels from all of these challenge rewards. I've probably got 25-30 of them clogging up my mail on top of the ones in my monster box. Can we get a reward other than jewels sometimes?

Zeus - Nephthys
    Zeus Dios - Nephthys
    Zeus Vulcan - Nephthys
    Zeus Mercury - Awoken Ra
    God Rush - Awoken Ra (first time clearing it)

1 death on Zeus Dios from the whole set. Had a bad board turn 1 and my attempted burst left both Highlander and Berserk on low hp. Berserk spawned on a 1 turn timer, so his 10 turn fire bind was game over. Got it on the second try though.

10. ice

ice Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I finished everything with my Shiva team
    ..cause, why not 8)

11. Bane Shydow

Bane Shydow Nephthys Enthusiast

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The Luci grind team is still alive and kicking. I'm impressed at your patience to clear all of these with those teams. Good luck on Mercury.

rdj522 likes this.
  12. Ballsnow

Ballsnow Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Finally cleared all (died to zeus merucy twice ._. )

Zeus - A.Shiva, Cao Cao, Yamato, Ronia, A.Minerva, A.Shiva
    Zeus Dios - A.Shiva, Cao Cao, Yamato, Ronia, A.Minerva, A.Shiva
    Zeus Vulcan - A.Shiva, Cao Cao, Yamato, Ronia, A.Minerva, A.Shiva
    Zeus Mercury - Verdandi, A.Mei Mei, Liu Bei, Zhuge Liang, L.Meta, Verdandi
    God Rush - A.Shiva, Cao Cao, Yamato, Ronia, A.Minerva, A.Shiva

A.Shiva near to hypermax (hp and rcv a few lacking), Ronia and A.Minerva hypermaxed)
    Really need a A.Ceres for a wood team =\

13. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Legendary Wizard

I definitely read your name as "Balls now" lol. Then I looked down and saw the dash in you in-game user name :shy:.

Any-who, good job. I need to finish working on my A.Shiva team.

14. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Failed god rush six times now...
    Seriously annoyed at this dungeon especially since it actually isn't that Hard, but somehow i always manage to get myself killed by killing something to early to take a pre emptive..

15. Stunna

Stunna Dual Ronia Apologist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What is your general Hades/Ronia strategy? If I recall, I would adapt something like:
    F1: Ronia, I guess.
    F2: Zuoh + Pandora
    F3: Stall for Zuoh + Pandora to be nearly up, then kill with Ronia. Dios shouldn't make jammers out of your hearts ever.
    F4: Zuoh + Pandora + Lu Bu can kill fatty with a 3 row 6 combo cascade board (18-20 dark) depending on eggs and the number of enhanced orbs on the board. Other bosses can die similarly, although you can stall first and maybe even kill Beelzebub while healing if you save wood/dark orbs.
    F5: Nothing but orb troll... a crazy trick if you're about to die is to knock him below 50%, then heal him back above 50% while healing (with a 4 or 5 combo). This can be pretty luck-based though.

16. ViewtifulGene

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Zuoh + Panda + Lu didn't work on Fatty or Satan.

17. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I managed to beat all of them except for the Rush. My team is:

Multiple times I managed to or past green Zeus, but by then I would already have used Urd and Zeus would hit me and I would lose. Or I would have such low HP that the next stages preemptive would KO me. I think I can do it, I just have to strategize better.

18. lennn

lennn Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    Cleared most of them with Osiris (Uevo hype!) except for Vulcan (with Nut) and Mercury (with A.Venus).

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe take out rider and bring a delay? Do you meet the hp threshold on Dios w/any other subs instead of using Diza?

First wave should be a cake walk for you, Athena is easy to deal with because you get full health at the start, a free turn for her shield then again at 15%, so just heal up to full at that 15%. Either use a orb changer to blow up Dios or a delay to kill. Satan should be manageable with good comboing, fattie you have some turns to either set up a board before using Shiva or stall then use an orb changer then shiva. Boss delay and kill.

20. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My highest useful subs don't meet the hp threshold. Some subs with high hp that might be enough is ult Goemon, Awoken Ra, Gold Keeper, Ronia, Urd, and A. Minerva. I'm trying to get a lot of prongs to help me, but I could be lenient if it means victory.