A bunch of questions regarding B&J Team...

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Oct 11, 2018.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I guess my very first question would be:

Q1: Knowing that I do have Mel and Mizutsune, is it really worth getting two Kuroyuri? (I may not have 1500MP... I ll have to work this out)

Q2: What the best VDP sub for B&J? I have Blue Odin, but compare to Yusuke, his damage output felt a bit underwhelming... Is there a better option?

Q3: Which latents are recommended for B&J?
    I'm currently leaning toward 3x Balance Killers, coz of Hashihime (granted I haven't faced him yet since I got B&J) and also, coz B&J dont have Balance Killers in their awoken skills...
    Other option I'm considering is 3x God Killers.

Q4: Best Inherit for B&J?
    The two most popular option seems to be Weld assist, and Helen's card.
    What's consider top inherit for B&J? What are you looking for when picking a B&J friend leader?

Q5: Mori? Awoken form (50% shield) or regular form (haste +2)?
    Mori seems like a good 'inherit' somewhere on the team... Is it worth pursuing the awoken form?

Q6: Any change I should consider for the following team (Both sub and/or inherits...)?

Options I can think of are:
    RCV booster: ,
    Assist: ,
    7c: and
    VDP:
    Shield:
    Bi color board: and possibly his awoken form (have 2 mori)
    Feel free to mention other possible choices, I may have them and may not have thought about them

2. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I am working out the kinks for my B&J team as well. I don't have Weld on my Main but I SI'd AMori on my B&J because I favor bi-board change + 50% shield over the +2 haste. I did the same thing with Ishida on my Gronia SI's. I saw 3-4 NE videos of J&B teams and it looks like you are on track. You have more of the "optimal" subs than I do.

I really regret not snagging a Jhoira when she was available. Little did I know that B&J was coming down the pipeline *or* that I would roll her. Kinda like how I didn't know that all the MH cards would get EQ evos that are totally worth rolling all your stones for. GH is kinda cruel like that.

I'm curious to see what other opinions our forum peeps will have with regards to your team.

3. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh! Interesting; I guess i will awake my second Mori.
    It's true that 50% shield is nice to have; after submitting this post, I end up facing a bunch of 99% gravity which are quite irritating to deal with. ;-)

It was the opposite for me; I got lucky and rolled Jhoira... This time around, I bought B&J. (although i did get lucky too as I rolled Beach Fujin :))

I feel the same... I'm really lacking in MH cards....

Mee too :)

Vaedriel likes this.
  4. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I just clicked through a bunch of JP team videos and here are the configurations that I saw:
    • B&J / Jhoira / Mel / Bujin / Amatsu
    • B&J / Jhoira / Enra / I&I / Mel
    • B&J / Scheat / Scheat / Mel / BHera
    • B&J / Enra / Yuki / Leo / Mel
    • B&J / Kuroyuri / Kuroyuri / Bujin / Amatsu
    • B&J / Kuroyuri / Kuroyuri / Kusanugi / Scheat
    • B&J / Kuroyuri / Kuroyuri / Madoo / Amatsu
    • B&J / Mizutsune / Bujin / Uruka / Blodin
    • B&J / Uruka / Enra / Scheat / Mel
    • B&J / I&I / Bujin / Jhoira / Mel
    • B&J / Mizutsune / YY / Andromeda / Jhoira
    • B&J / Kuroyuri / Kuroyuri / Kusanugi / Bujin
    • B&J / Enra / Kiri / Mel / Uruka
    • B&J / Kuroyuri / Kuroyuri / Amatsu / I&I
    Most of the SI's were:
    • Rathian EQ
    • Weld EQ
    • Fujin
    • Carat / Water Facet / Mercuria / Sheen
    • Mori
    • RevoOrochi
    • Revo SunQuan
    • Dark Aurora EQ
    • Puu EQ
    • Helen EQ
    • Lumu Smasher EQ
    • Heaven Render EQ
    I rolled for trade fodder or a B&J on my Alt (to no avail) and I am 1 GFE card short which means I have to sacrifice something collecting dust in my box. I think I could put together a few of those team configurations on both of my accounts. Time is running out. Decisions, ugh.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  5. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you play a lot with both account in MP, it might be worth it.
    It's one of the reason I got her, coz my wife got her :)

6. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yep, I MP everything I can. Just debating if I should sell my new Beach Eschamali or a different GFE. Are the Norns getting Mega evos any time soon? I have a Skuld I could trade out. I'm also letting go of my Sylvie since her new Mega is underwhelming.

7. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm not the greatest BJ expert. I've only played with her since she came out and I haven't spent any time watching JP videos or anything. But during that time I have gotten to the point where I can use her to beat A4 and AA pretty consistently, and I got a CDR victory with her as well. So I'll take a stab at this:

I've never tried that Mel/Mizutsune build, so I couldn't tell you. However, I can say that dual Kuro is crazily OP. In single-player mode, it makes you invincible against any opponent that hits for less than 50k per turn. If you normally play coop, then you're invincible against anything that hits for less than 100k. I will say that I think dual Kuro is definitely worth the investment if you play coop and probably worth it if you don't. I'm not sure I would completely raid my box for it, though.

I use Blodin and that's enough to clear A4 without any trouble. The only option I can think of that might be better is Madoo, but I don't have her, so I couldn't tell you. I will say that I found that I needed to use a wisedragon active to be able to KO the dragonbounds in A4 (more on that below).

I would definitely go with god killers personally. The Norns, Metatron's, and Kali's are all gods, and you are guaranteed to hit them. I haven't hit Hashihime since I started experimenting with BJ in AA, but I'm pretty sure she is capable of dishing out enough damage without balanced killers.

Weld is definitely the most popular on my friend list. Personally I put Godin on my wife's account and a blue wisedragon on my account. Godin's team hp awakening makes BJ even more stupidly OP, plus that is the only awoken bind clear I have on my team. (Usually awoken binds are no big deal since you can easily stall them out. But it's nice to have the option of clearing them.) I found that I needed the wisedragon to be able to consistently clear the dragonbound floor on A4. It's too easily to accidentally land in their rage zone (before or after your burst) without a wisedragon active.

I would probably use the haste form. It's pretty rare that a team with 270k hps needs a shield. But maybe there's some situation where that would be useful.

Personally I run Kuro x2, Skuld, and Blodin most of the time. I normally play coop and run that lineup on both teams. For AA I replace Blodin with Blujin on one team. Amatsu and blue Cotton would both be better than Skuld if I had them, but I don't. Your team looks solid, although my reaction is that I would keep Jhoira on the bench most of the time. I find that I usually don't need an awoken bind clearer since it's easy to just stall through it. Of course, I'm playing with dual Kuro in coop with a 110k autoheal each turn, so YMMV. But I would probably take Aife over Jhoira in most dungeons unless you need something else to deal with a particular mechanic.

As for inherits, I put 100% poison and 100% dark resist on my Kuro's. It certainly makes A4 and AA a lot easier. It would be hard to do that without coop, though.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Vaedriel likes this.
  8. Roland

Roland Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    What do you think about damage and VDP?

9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    One thing seems to be clear is according to Vaedriel's post with the JP team list..
    Blue doesn't have good VDP sub.... And I would confirm that Blue Odin is really underwhelming....
    Ameno is actually better most of the time coz of her (his?) devil/dragon killer.

Madoo is probably the only real viable option for B&J.
    That said, people seems to be fine without VDP using B&J due to her insane survivability.

10. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Revo Amon, Mega Blodin, B/L Amenominakushi are very good VDP subs, and to a lesser extent you can use Yusuke as a VDP sub (but his skill would be useless for the team). There are also Water attribute cards from FF that's good for VDP such as pixel Y'sthola and pixel Rinoa. Both can equip Dragon killer. You can even use Lajoa as a VDP option.

The problem with B&J in AA is probably Hashihime but luckily there's Hakuryu card you can get from GH PEM. Put it as an assist on Balanced type card and give it additional Balance killer.

11. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah but 1.5M.... :|
    I'm still wondering coz if I they come up with a 750MP exclu worth it... I won't be able to get it for a long time...
    But she's indeed an impressive sub. That said, is she useful outside of B&J?

It's an interesting statement, as I would have expected the opposite...
    In solo, you can always activate the other one (unless skill delay) as soon as one is over.
    In coop; it takes them twice as long to recharge... So unless you're partner has 2 also, you won't gain HP half of the time due to the recharge speed (unless you haste a lot).

As I mentioned, every time I used him, I felt disappointed... But I guess I haven't tried A4.

No blue wisedragon for me... I could use the red one but that would not help blue odin.

Very good point, I went with 3 GKs.

I've noticed some friends B&J leader with Green Odin as inherit, I was wondering what it was all about...
    I don't tend to pick them for long dungeon as I feel Green Odin's active to be a massive downgrade over B&J one.

By dragonbound you mean dragoncaller? Like Diara, Grato, ...

I was mentioned above your comment, it's true that his shield isn't that useful againt regular damage, but it can be a life saver against the 99% gravity floors.

Yeah I wonder if blue cotton would be better than Mizu or not.... (as FUA sub).
    She does hit harder but... Mizu's RCV is so nice on that team....

Yeah I do use Jhoira to heal 50% of HP on time to time... But I can see your point. It's true that she may not be critical on the team.

12. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    If you’re running AA solo and don’t have a burst or more 7cs, you’ll probably wish you had balance killers if/when you run into Hashish.

13. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    How many 7c and burst are we talking about?
    As mentioned, I do have I&I as burst; as for 7c, in solo: Fujin as 3, Beach Tachibana has 3.
    I also have Aife who has 3.
    On top of that, all 3 are attacker, and the inherit on Fujin is Leona which boost attacker by 3x.

14. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    One of those combinations should work, especially since you don’t need to one shot and you get 5 turns without a delay before she shields. But like all the arenas solo you need to manage your actives from this floor up to Kali. So if you blow your load on Hash you likely need to hope for stalling spawns on next floor and/or heras or battle Metas for a few turns. This is why I like balance killers.

[​IMG]

Blujin’s triple 7c damage is impressive. BJs 5.8 not so much. But her actual damage number was 19.6 due to triple balance killers. This allowed me to grind her down while saving actives so that I had boards back up for Meta and Kali.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All my ss’s are similar—BJs raw damage is weak AF but stronger after killers than Blujins as long as they apply.

Hash may be a corner case if running AA solo. Like others say A4 is a different story.

My advice: your team is good (wish I had your options) so take into endless and do some damage calcs to see what you need. And be sure you hit 150k hp :)

kandjar and Vaedriel like this.
  15. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    The only VDP worth running will be Suou, although she'll be a top rarity DBDC pull so good luck with that. Even difficult to have something to trade for her...

The only dungeon it seems to hurt not to have a VDP is A4. All other VDs we got are easily manageable with damage control and chipping it out (which sucks but can't have it all).

As for the heals, I have tried both dual-Kuros and Mel/Mizutsune and dual kuro makes it not even close.
    People say we lose 2 spots for it, well, guess where your Rathian equips are going!? You still have 4 slots for whatever you need and a safe way to stall almost anywhere. Weld equips are the best on BJ as they double as delay and board change.

For A4, if when I don't roll Suou, I'll just use a DMeta team with the easier VDPs (can even use Yusuke sub!). Having two teams makes it easier to juggle them without having to move a bunch of inherits around every time.

16. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yusuke isn't god type.
    His damage won't be optimal.

Granted Megatron already has VDP.

17. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sadly I don't have Rathian... :(

18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    My main doesn't have one either. My Alt, however, has only 1. So there's at least 3/5th of my poison resist. lol.

I have a Scheat on my Alt's team and I put my Weld EQ on her, since most JP videos that I saw with a Scheat on the team put it on her. I went with AMori on both of my B&Js. Unless you think its a bad thing to have a Scheat on a B&J team? Neither of my accounts have Jhoira or Mitz. I do have Mel. I hadn't bought two Kuros yet. It sounds like that if I don't have both Mel and Mitz that would mean I *have* to have Kuro x2 for the auto-heal?

19. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I would guess that dual Kuro would work nicely on any teams with a big hp multiplier. Whether other such leads will be relevant in the future is anyone's guess. You could use them with Vraska, I suppose, but they are suboptimal without wood typing. I can't think of any other current meta-relevant leads were I would use them.

I was assuming that both players had dual Kuro. That allows you to keep your autoheal up pretty much continuously. And the autoheal is for 100k+ each turn. That makes you invincible against 95% of the spawns in the game (including the Norns at the end of A4).

Yeah, his inability to take most killers hurts him quite a bit. I end up needing a wisedragon inherit for A4. But he gets the job done.

Yeah, as I noted earlier, I find that I need some kind of burst with Blodin to avoid sending the A4 dragon callers into rage territory. If you don't have a wisedragon, something like I&I might due the job.

I agree. I try to use the BJ active before the Grodin active pops up unless I am expecting an awoken bind. It does noticeably increase the team's HP's, though.

Yeah. I couldn't remember what they were called. :)

If you're using dual Kuro, you'll heal back from big gravities immediately, so they are not a major threat. It might be worth it if you're running Mizu, though.

Yeah, I've always played with dual Kuro, but my understanding is that Mizu is almost required if you're not using dual Kuro. It's pretty tough to heal back from the big hits otherwise.

20. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thing is Metatron cannot equip dragon killers so you'll need a burst :\

Last resort is Eir I guess (not blue or red so... kinda bad), but yeah, any difficult content without any of the 3 main options will be rough and inconsistent.

As I said in my post, Kuroyurix2 is in a league of its own even compared to Mel and Mizutsune. At least that's my feeling after trying all options including Mel with Mizutsune equip. B&J is a real serious lead, far from color cheese teams like Kiri or even frost cape. You will most likely have to stall actives a couple times in AA, but it's really not that bad, most runs should be <30minutes when you are used to it and very safe.

As for the poison, do you have the ninja that has 2 (sasuke I think?). If you were going to put them on Kuroyuri, then the short CD does not really matter as long as you don't forget to activate them in time.

And finally Scheat, well, I haven't found a team composition that would give me room for her, but indeed, putting Weld on her makes sense. You just have to be careful with what you put on B&J since they will often be your only board changes and if you get stuck with less useful skills when you need them... Amori is definitely a good option. I saw your post about it a couple days ago and didn't even remember he did that. So I made one :)

Vaedriel likes this.