a dumb question about a leader skill

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by DEL1B1RD, Jan 3, 2019.

1. DEL1B1RD

DEL1B1RD New Member

User ID:
    so for monsters with leader skills (specifically Alex Louis Armstrong in this case) that include something like: "3x ATK for Att. erasing 5 orbs including enhanced", I can never get it to work.
    I swear I line up five orbs w/ atleast one enhanced but instead of 3x it'll pop up with a lower number, like x1.11 or x1.23 for example. I've tried this with a few different monsters and I have the same problem with them, am I doing something wrong that I'm just not realizing?

this is my first post on this site, sorry in advance if I break any etiquette or something aha

2. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Hey, welcome to the site. Unfortunately, it is not as busy here as it once was with reddit and discord sharing users.

There are two semi-hidden conditions on this type of leader skill:

1) it must be exactly 5 orbs (can be a line, a colum or an L).
    2) one of your monsters must have the matched color as an attribute.

Now, this one is also particular since usually these leader skills are more like "Light ATT. monsters atk x3 when matching exactly 5 orbs including one enhanced.". Since this one can do it for any color (boosting only that color), it could be a reason why the multiplier does not show. In some way if you have let's say just one monster with fire attribute and you match a 5 red orb combo, it would kind of be false to say "x9.00" here as only one monster would get it.

What you see, the 1.xx multiplier is the enhanced orb multiplier from the awakenings. It will vary depending on the number of "enhanced orbs" awakenings and the number of enhanced orb in that combo.

TL;DR: I am pretty sure it just isn't the kind of multiplier that will show on the board, but there is a small possibility that you are not complying with the LS condition. You could go in endless and compare matching a 4 and a 5 with enhance, The damage should be very different.

3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    There's also a little pop and sparkle effect from matching 5o1e when it's part of the leader skill. Are you getting that added animation?

4. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I used to play with Revo Tsukuyomi (I still like playing with her), it increased the damage, but the multiplier for 5 w/ enhanced was NEVER displayed only combo multiplier.

Maybe because it'll be for that element only and not ALL elements like her combo multiplier.

BurningMan likes this.
  5. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Its exactly this
    the multiplier for this isn't shown on screen since it only affects the color you made the 5 match with. If it would show on screen it would also show for every other combo even though it doesn't affect it.