A pretty magical morning. <3

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Yesterday I decided that, with the 13 stones I'd accumulated, I would roll in the Godfest that's going on today. Naturally, I started looking around for Challenge mode stones to take along for 3 rolls and settled down in Tower of Ice Water. Pretty standard night of PAD so far, so I worked on other things (namely my journal and a webcomic I was reading) while slogging through.

The Godfest starts while I'm away and stuck in the middle of the last section, so after finishing off Neptune I give my two rolls. They turn out to be (!!!) and , my first 6 star exclusive and a cute thing respectively! The crazy thing is, in the last Godfest I rolled my first Godfest exclusive since Light Kali, and it was a Zuoh. Funky times! :3

Anyway, Tower of Ice Water had given me my 14th, but I needed one more magic stone. It was at this point exceedingly late/early, and since I had finished my journal entry I kind of wanted to go to bed with no easy sources of stones left. I'd be getting my login the next day, after all...but then I noticed that Sonia Gran Descended had come around again. I didn't touch it last time - too little faith in my skills, too many other dungeons to run - and since I wanted to go to sleep I figured I'd give it a try with Awoken Bastet and probably waste enough stamina to rest easy.

Then I looked it up in PadGuide and realized that...it actually didn't seem all that bad. I'd gotten Earth Dragon for floor 1, and besides Red Sonia none of the other floors looked like TOO much of a pain even with my slightly lackluster, mostly farmable team. I'm not going to get into how each floor went, but overall I have to say that I played surprisingly well for my skill level (for once) and got a little lucky besides. Somehow, each floor went down with a fair amount of stress but not a lot of actual trouble. I was starting to consider what I'd thought impossible for myself.

Then I got to Red Sonia, the most troublesome of the four...and was skill bound for 5 turns. Meimei, the weakest of the invades, invading on the most difficult floor, and on my first run of a descend since early July. Even more unbelievably, I actually managed to stall out the 5 turns with worryingly generous skyfalls and without getting her below 20%. After the miracle that was this floor, Sonia Gran seemed like nothing in comparison.

So I got to her, busted out PadPrax, made a troublesome 1 TPA 1 combo board with Kaguya-Hime, and hoped to heaven that I could get her below 50%.

I did.

Then I burned Leeza and Cu Chu for a 3 TPA, 1 combo board with a surprisingly simple 7 combo path which I hoped I wouldn't screw up anyway.

I didn't.

...and that's how I beat Sonia Gran on my first try with a pretty painless run despite usually playing like garbage. =o

But wait, there's more! I got my last stone from beating it, remember. Still in disbelief, I go up to the Golden Dragon and receive my 6th (I rolled Zuoh, Haku and Sakuya last time!) gold egg in a row...and my 2nd 6 star exclusive in two rolls.

, of all cards. After beating the one (?) descend she's featured in. My Awoken Isis has her dark coverage now. <3

Days like these are few and far between. Best to cherish them when they come. c:

2. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud ULTiMATE

User ID:
    Dark Cloud
    PADherder:
    link
    Very nice! I haven't tried Sonia Gran today, but I took down God Rush this morning for the first time, so I'm probably going to try my luck against her with a similar team to what you used.

Nemesis likes this.
  3. canpan14

canpan14 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    P&D: 319,278,239 SS: canpan15
    PADherder:
    link
    YOU TOOK MY MELON DRAGON. >:C but congrats!

Nemesis likes this.
  4. mkman

mkman Green Guan Yu Power!

User ID:
    392 908 336
    my eyes focused on melon dragon, the mvp in a lot of my dungeon battles :) Sounds like your morning went well, hope your day goes even better!

Nemesis likes this.
  5. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
  6. Hiken

Hiken Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Cherish each victory indeed. Congrats on the string of successes.

Nemesis likes this.
  7. WideEyedRabbit

WideEyedRabbit Well-Known Member

Ah that sounds awesome.

Nemesis likes this.
  8. Empyrean Nikkou

Empyrean Nikkou In REM hibernation.

User ID:
    337455342 / Vigdis
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats! I have a high regard for your Bastet, and it looks like said regard hasn't been misplaced. Keep it up!

Nemesis likes this.
  9. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    That's a pretty great story! Congrats! :D

Nemesis likes this.
  10. Mizukawa

Mizukawa Active Member

User ID:
    I wish everyday could be like that! Congrats!

Nemesis likes this.