A3+3P Annihilation team build - Help

Discussion in 'Monster Lineup' started by Fridgeboy, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    So I haven't tried A3 or 3P annihilation yet. A3 I figure I will just use Dath as I randomly tried A2 and did it my first try. Mainly though I need help building a team for 3P annihilation as I don't want to be that guy that farks everything up or goes in unprepared and dooms everyone.

Here is the link to my padherder, I just added everything and it is up to date

https://www.padherder.com/user/Frid...,4294967295_63,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0,;default,0

I'll try to get it all finished by the weekend. Is doing random 3P a bad idea? or should I just ask for a run on here?

For the record using BH on a regular board I can usually hit 7-8c pretty consistently but 9 very unlikely and 10 never (this is without skyfall)

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    BHunter. 7-8 combo with subs packing lots of 7c can rack up massive damage, especially if you equip your team with suitable killers.

3. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

If you can hit 7-8 combos 90% of the time with BH, you should be fine. 705 of the time is too unreliable, IMO. 80% is borderline.

Given your estimated skill level, I’d say BH is your best 3PUDR lead. He has low-medium damage but he is a brick wall. Your other 3PUDR leads (that I noticed) are RKush, Anubis and Takamimusubi. All 3 typically require more skill than BH, and if your combo count drops any more, you risk annoying your partners. Since you’re doing 3PUDR, you won’t have the luxury/safety net of a 7x6 board.

I’d recommend
    BH/Skuld/Beachibana/Gan Ning/Ryune

That gives you full SBR, two FUA, 3 heart makers, good HP and RCV plus a total of 5 7Cs. The 7Cs will help you deal enough punishment to avoid embarrassing yourself. Swap out damage cards for fingers if you need them. The lack of a +2sec finger badge might be more painful than you realize. Gan Ning’s orb unlock will occasionally make you the MVP on the final stage.

Advice: Don’t hoard the hearts unnecessarily, spamming NICE means to pass, your job is to get the kill team to the boss, so don’t be stingy with your actives, and if you can avoid using the next player’s important orbs then do so.

You may be nervous and make dumbass mistakes sometimes. Don’t let it stop you from trying. After you've played a while, your nervousness dissipates and your playing improves. Good luck!

4. wangatang0830

wangatang0830 Well-Known Member

If you're looking to FARM 3p Cosmic, instead of just getting a 'clear' and be done with it, I would strongly recommend investing in your Oichi team.

For team building for 3p Oichi team, see my posts in this thread:
    https://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/oichi.105276/

5. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    I updated my padherder. It is now complete if that helps

Alright, I thought maybe if I join with a group here, instead of random, we would all choose a 7x6 leader (I think that's how that works) so I would take anublos.
    So good ole blue hunter eh? The team composition you suggested is my blue team version already haha, so I'm used to the move time. No worries about the +2s badge, I've never used BH solo (Do people actually use him solo?), I play 90% co-op with wife's account so no badge.

Ok so because my box sucks I won't be the one killing the boss so all I have to do is make sure to get there, I can do that. I've been running 3P arena and I've done a good job in making sure to not use key orbs that the next guy needed when possible. I have died several times thanks to asshats using up orbs I needed that they didn't need (have a dath 3P arena team). If only I had a yog/kami. I won't get one until they fall out of the meta lol

Oichi:

What do you mean by investing in my Oichi team? I'm non IAP with crap luck. I just pulled nene/tachibana this weekend, first non dupes in 3 months! So I can't really invest anything other than what I have...

I may get a shazel yet but if not my mito is up to the task, just need an extra latent for the 3rd devil killer. I have trouble finding Oichi friends though.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I thought 3p allows 6x7 if all three players pick 6x7 teams?
    Which means either you have an alt alt to self-triplet play or coord on Discord.

I haven't messed with Cosmic in like a month, and almost always random match it 5x6 as either a full commit DPS or a tank for days utility team, but I thought it did allow for 6x7 coordination. I was always super annoyed at pixel board coming a bit short on endfloor damage because I only have some of the pixels, and thought it could suck it until powercreep brought more void clears into the card pool.

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    BHunter is better, but is totally skills dependent.
    You'll find out pretty easily if it's within your current consistency reach or not.

BHunter or DAthena, it would be nice if you'd tote along a couple slots that are useful utilities to set up the DPS end floor player. As the DPS, if I have to save 3-4 actives to make the end floor sort out, it can at times be painful actives pressue on the midfloors, especially if the tank isn't killing too many and the other two players are killing most of them after tank softens them up, and it is blessedly easier when as the DPS you know you can burn a skill from your killset and-or use your flex skills early-ish on mids, because your friend can pop something sufficiently useful/equivalent and pass turns back and forth, or will help cover you with a shield or something late-mid.

As the tank, popping something useful midfloors is as valuable as elaborate skills use pass turn dancing at the end. Multi-turn shields are surprisingly good if you can spare the base slot.

Just straight up 2 combo board prepping the hell out of the board for the next player as a tank is a total fine mid-floor play. Everybody can save skills that way. It's under-rated but really quite useful.

tl;dr DAthena is fine if you prep and utility assist peeps.
    (And don't hog the hearts, since you can heal a big chunk with just 3-4.)

Good luck.

8. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

That is 100% correct. If all three players in a 3P match use a 7x6 lead, the board will be 7x6. If I said anything to imply otherwise, I apologize.

I have never played a 3P match on a 7x6 board. I attempted to many times when Diablos was at his height of popularity, but it’s never happened. Basically nobody ever uses a 7x6 lead in UDR in pick-up groups.

9. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Well I tried 3P cosmic last night. Instead of beachibana/skuld/gan/ryune I went with indra/momiji/tachibana (non collab)/ LB Viz. Was paired with a yog player and some moron who didn't how ameno/yog worked. The team worked great, it was easier than I thought, I guess I thought they all had around 80-100m HP or something lol. Unfortunately for me when we made it to the boss (Cthulhu) the yog player went all out without using an FUA, maybe he thought he wouldn't do that much damage but he hit it to 1 so it fully revived and crushed him.... and then there was me. Did you know in a 3P match if everyone else dies you aren't in muliplayer any more so BH loses his buff? Yea.... That was over quick.

Tried same team with Cthuga/Yog and it worked good but I held back on shuten doji 6 of 7 and that was a mistake as he killed me.

10. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Well I finally got my stone and by fluke too.

I've been playing around with teams a lot as I was tired of them sharing a lot of the same subs. I changed my BH team to LB Viz, Skuld, nene and non collab tachibana. It looks good and all blue light but my tachibana and nene aren't skilled at all but I wanted to try it out so I went to run 3P lengend plus and I guess I accidentally hit annihilation haha. 2 BH and a yog and didn't even need any skills. We got the green thing that blinded the board but the yog guy was prepared and the other guy knew to pass when yog started spamming nice (as did I thanks to knomraski for the tip).
    The other BH and I buffed the board and then passed. The yog guy was good, pulled off 2 voids with the whole board being blinded so he has been doing this for awhile lol. Glad I accidentally hit annihilation lol