A4 using BJ team question

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by ryerye, Oct 6, 2018.

1. ryerye

ryerye Member

Hi Guy,

I need some advise on how to beat A4 with BJ team in solo. This is what I have so far:

BJ (Weld), Mizutsune (Rathian), Moogle (Raphael), Joira (Green Odin), Beach Tachi (I&I), BJ (Weld)

I'm using the recovery badge.

Most of the dungeon is a cake walk until I get to dragon caller. First run I get Ena, she did some shit and I died. Second run I get the green dragon caller and I managed to get him into rage zone after a couple of turns and he rage kill me.

I brought Moogle mainly for all the shit mechanics in this dungeon and with the Rathian equip, is 100% poison resist. But it looks like I need a VDP but I'm struggling to find a slot for a VDP. I do have Blue Odin and Yusake for VDP but not sure what to replace.

I'm also not sure about the Raphael and Green Odin assist...

Should I get rid of Moogle, Tacho, or Mizutsune for a VDP?

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Replace moogle with blue odin and inherit a blind or jammer resist equip on jhoira instead of godin.
    You will also likely need a spike to one shot the dragon callers so something like carat or mercuria should be inherited on blodin

3. ryerye

ryerye Member

Thanks @BurningMan, I managed to squeak through a clear using Blodin...but I have to say that Blodin is a janky VDP. I got the green dragon caller in my clearing run and chunked him down to about 60% HP, then pulled off an 8-combo VPD but only managed to get the dragon caller down to about 10% HP. I thought he was gonna execute me but somehow he just did regular attack. I got lucky with the next spawn being Urd giving my red and blue orbs all day to activate.

Yay! Another milestone for me.

Vaedriel likes this.
  4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Blodin is the best blue VDP imo, the problem is color disadvantage and a 75% shield on the enemy makes it hard to one shot without a spike active

5. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

If possible, I’d recommend a Leo inherit over Blodin. That gets you a 3x burst AND guarantees you have enough orbs for a VDP. Condensing the elements from two different actives into one inherit is really valuable when you’re trying to shoehorn as much utility as possible into a AA/A4 team.

I can’t wait for the day they squeeze a burst, orb enhance, + combo count and an orb change all into one active (on a card with VDP). I can feel my future self’s dangly bits getting all tingly.

6. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    IMO, B&J is far better at AA than A4 just because of the requirements to be able to safely kill with VDP (until we get Suou at least).

I'll keep using B&J for AA but will use DMeta for A4 when she comes around. If I'm lucky enough to land a Suou then... I'll see.

VDP Equip when?

7. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have been using a blue wisedragon inherit on one of my leaders. I grind the dragonbounds down to a little over their rage zone and then use my wisedragon active before my VDP board. So far I haven't died using this strategy. Stalling until the wisedragon active is up can be annoying, though.

8. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    True. I guess there's no rush to OHKO them.