Accepting Mediocrity

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Nemesis, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

This isn't a rant or an accomplishment, really, it's just kind of silly and sad. ^_^;

Bastet is both my starter and my favorite God in the game, so as usual when I find myself with a favorite in a game I tend to go out of my way for her. That means she was the first card I had to be awakened, always at 1st priority on skill ups (she's still 1 away because Gungho collab won't come back! D: ), and she's still my main leader after more than a year of play, as well as being my first and only card to be +297. Naturally, when her Awoken comes along I'm jumping on the bandwagon day 1 and already have her evo materials besides Sphinx ready (and I WILL be getting Sphinx, no matter what. I'll seriously stone if I have to). What I don't have, and what I don't think I'll be able to obtain, is 3 more Woodpys to max skill her. And that's where my admittedly pointless issue lies.

I had this silly dream of being one of the first hypermaxed Awoken Bastet users on the NA server. I don't know why. I don't usually care about prestige in games because I'm not a skilled player, and in all honesty that might be why I'm so hung up on this. My rank and teams and playing and decisions are all kind of lousy, and having this one accomplishment to my name would have been...nice. But I don't think it's happening. I have a month at most, and even if Challenge Descends come back in time and I manage to get both Woodpys (and that's a big if), the last one is totally up to chance because this isn't JP and no one is going to hold my hand and give me one. I need to farm it. And given my terrible playing and stupid decisions I don't think I can succeed. Example:failing to farm more than 2 million coins over the weekend, then spending my last 25 stamina and a million coins during Golden Mound to get a rank up on Kronos Forest to continue getting coins...which would have worked had I not died due to failing a DQXQ activation. What kind of player can be that bad? It's DQXQ. My failures don't mean that I'm going to give up, of course, I'll have to do a better job of getting coins and not dying in Kronos Forest in the coming weeks...but the chance of getting a Py is pretty darn low.

And that's not even touching my equally silly desire to take hypermaxed pictures of G/L and G/D before I go Awoken. Yes, that involves unevoing twice and using materials on a form I'll never use, because Bastet - I even have them prepared. But once I go G/F I'm not going back, so if I can't get that last skill up before the Awoken arrives I'll have to settle with almost but not quite hypermaxed forms forever.

So...I guess this IS kind of a rant, sorry...lord knows it's the pettiest one ever, of course. This is a single player game. There's no reason for me to feel this way. And if I can't obtain enough Woodpys, I'm just going to have to deal with that.

2. Zaurora

Zaurora Momiji Best Girl

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!! YOU CAN DO THIS

Nemesis likes this.
  3. Crackalack

Crackalack Active Member

User ID:
    Makes sense to me. I rarely care about being ranked in anything, but when season ranked board achievements came around for diablo 3 I busted my butt to make it on the boards. A miracle, perhaps, but I pulled it off. I think your vision could happen. You just need to put some elbow grease in on the coin dungeons. Alt. Kronos Forest is the one you're looking for. I have a max skilled, nearly 297 verdandi that you're welcome to use with your bastet as a no dupe leader (378-556-358). If the scheduled japan conversion happens at the rate it's been going you should have 3-4 weeks to farms your pys.

Good luck! you can do it!

Nemesis likes this.
  4. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    Dude, I've failed DQXQ before by munging my first move or accidentally ending it ruining a previous match when I'm trying to make 2x light combos plus activate.

It's rough. But your +297 awoken bastet will still be awesome, even if not max skilled yet. The good thing about the awokens is they don't start with broken skills that must be skilled to be usable.

Nemesis likes this.
  5. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I remember when I thought woodpys were the useless of the lot. Now I need so many. :shifty:

nads, Zulias, recife and 5 others like this.
  6. Amphora

Amphora A beautiful nightmare

Don't worry, believe in yourself. :tamadra:

Nemesis likes this.
  7. Priapus

Priapus Valar Morghulis

User ID:
    I think we're friends in-game. Are you Nemesis :3?

8. Burstwing

Burstwing How do I skill up myself?

I have the same problem... need two more piis for my bastet... but You can do it! Believe!

Nemesis likes this.
  9. BizarreJelly

BizarreJelly 艦長

User ID:
    That's why you hoard all the things all the time always!!

10. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I skipped all the times woodpys were in C9 or C10 when I couldn't do them.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Look on the bright side: At least you have Bastet.

...*sulks in a corner*

12. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Sulking won't get you a Bastet. :rolleyes:

13. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    The pattern recognition comes to you overtime the more you play so you can't really settle on mediocrity because you will surely improve. It is perfectly fine to vent and rant, like most of us here do, just don't get disheartened. Pad is a challenging game but still a game nonetheless. Have fun and don't take it too seriously :)

Nemesis likes this.
  14. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Neither will pulling on the REM, apparently.

But it did get me an Anubis. -_-

EDIT: Sorry. I shouldn't be salty. I finally got my DQXQ and I am grateful for that. :D

I just wanted to point out the positive to the OP!

Nemesis likes this.
  15. recife

recife Well-Known Member

Nemesis, don't worry, i have all the evo things AND the piis ready. you wouldn't win the race anyway. MUAHAHAHAHAHA
    no but seriously, just farm the alts i guess since it's an objective you want for yourself.

on a side note: i'm leaving my Bastet on team #1 for now, so you can use it whenever.

on another side note: are you my stalker? i think at least half the "likes" i receive are from you. or is it that you are just really generous? lol

not nearly as many as light and fire ones, tho... blue is the new green (this makes sense in so so many ways, i'm scared now).
    anyway, what else are you using the piis on? i have 5 on me, spent 4 on perseus (who cares about fairies) and probably my next target will be GZL because i really don't have anything else. maybe always save 2 or 3 in case i land a ceres, parvati or dupe meimei.

16. Nemesis

Nemesis Bastet's BFF

Few billion replies incoming!
    HOPEFULLY!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH ^o^
    That's pretty encouraging, thank you! I don't have the best monogreen team right now, but I accepted your offer anyways. :3

Maybe a few weeks of solid grinding will work, but I certainly won't give up on Kronos even if it doesn't. I'm too afraid to run the other coin dungeons even once for fear of getting a Py in one of those that could have been a Woodpy. ^_^;
    It's rough, but I guess we just have to live with it and move on when such things happen. Also, many thanks! That's kind of a sweet thing to say. I'd imagine that being max skilled is a little more important than usual for Awoken Egyptians, but whatever happens she'll be hypermaxed eventually. c:
    Never enough Woodpys D:

Even when all of your grass cards are max skilled, they are by far the cutest of the skill up lot. Couldn't have enough. <3
    I'll do my best to, thanks. £:
    Yup! I really should get my signature going so that people can actually know ^_^;
    I will! May lady luck shine in your favour, as well! :333
    I shudder to think of what would have happened had I not rolled her so many months ago. I could be complaining about the lack of skill ups on my +297 Lu Bu. D:

(Not that that's a bad thing, no offense Lu Bu owners, it just wouldn't be Bastet). Congrats on lucking out on a DQXQ!
    One day I'll be a decent player. One day...my title might be a touch misleading, whoops. Didn't mean for that to be the case. ^_^;

At least my speed and skill with diagonals is pretty okay, I guess. But yes, it's important to step back and realize that this is simply a game sometimes, and it isn't the end of the world if I can't rise up to a self-imposed goal.
    ...well, it's not the end of the world until something like this happens ;_;

But yeah, I'll try to devote as much time as possible to doing Alt Kronos. Thanks for the help, I'll try to throw some pal points your way when I can. ^_^
    I don't talk much, but I love jamming out likes as if there were no tomorrow. :3
    Thanks for the posts, everyone. ~^.^~

17. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Nemesis You definitely can do it! I spent several stone and ran anything that had devilings in it just to skill her up. She took a full year to skill up and not because of bad skill up rates but mainly lack of drops. So consider yourself lucky that you can now avoid that hell and just run alts. Just focus on running nothing but that and woodpy will drop. Good luck. The dream is real!

Nemesis likes this.
  18. Empyrean Nikkou

Empyrean Nikkou In REM hibernation.

User ID:
    337455342 / Vigdis
    PADherder:
    link
    If you feel strongly for Bastet, the worst that you can do is to not give those feelings a chance to express themselves. Even in failure, putting in the effort should be enough, because no one can fault you for a failure caused by something beyond your ability to control.

And here's repeating what a few others have said, more or less, in video form:

Nemesis likes this.
  19. Redux

Redux pure

You've rolled one of the only cards that is top tier for both whales and non-IAPers, Bastet is worth the patience, you'll get those piis soon enough.

Nemesis likes this.
  20. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    This is a fantastic dream you carry !

Nemesis likes this.