Alastair: Still worth getting?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by kandjar, Jun 4, 2019.

1. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Since we are piling some orbs ;-) I'm wondering if I should not get her...
    I can see her being a decent sub in DRaizer team due to her stats + MP boost; although I only solo-ed a dungeon with DRaizer so far, he surprised me (it was the solo 3p-arena one).

I'm tempted.

Thoughts?
    Have you got her last iteration of this collab? Are you happy? Would you get her if u hadnt already picked her up?
    Have you exchange for her this time around?
    What decided you ? (into getting her or not getting her)

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    She's mostly used for farming and buttoning stuffs, but she also has some niche uses. You might want to have at least one for collection.

3. Marlboro

Marlboro Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    i skipped out on buying cotton to save for some of these... was hoping to get a set of 5 but alas i only have enough for 4. prolly still going to do it though, i do a love a good button team. plus she's green/dark so 100% compatible with my DHunter posse

4. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The main usage she got was pairing with Vraska and although that combo isn't bad even by today's standards, it's not the best either. Personally, I feel like Alastair is more for farming/button teams which is fine if you don't have one but if you do, I see little reason to get her, even more so if you have L.Vajra who does something very similar.

More and more, it seems like that they are trying to make more use out of Rainbow Medals so I would recommend saving them up unless you want something and have something in mind for them.

5. Sunsphere

Sunsphere Member

I got Alastair and found good use pairing with Kaede for various collab ticket/medal farming, especially the Academy one where there were resolve monsters and I didn't want to bother with FUA.

6. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Well, I bought her, and don't regret it, I'm already using her to button-farm Hello Kitty :D

7. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    how many did you buy? i grabbed 4 on main and 2 on alt. haven't had a chance to play lately tho, so haven't developed any of em yet

8. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Active Member

User ID:
    Traded for one cuz I didn't have a Vajrab/Vajray/Hino for 1c farming.
    Have a Vajrab now but I still use Alistair to lead my posse of Brunhilds/DHunter/Balrog. DHunter + Alistair also makes for an easy solve for a final blast.

9. kandjar

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Just one.

This is the team I'm running for HK farming:

10. Marlboro

User ID:
    NA 389,289,242
    PADherder:
    link
    hmm just scoped out the stats on the hello kitty dungeon, i haven't done anything but daily log in dungeon for a bit now. with my co-op full dhunter squad every floor would be 1 button (1.8m per button on main, 1.95 on alt) but that looks groovy for a single player build. i imagine i could run 4x alistair with alistair friend for easy solo so i might try that just for fun. i can't see any reason to farm it though, are you just trying to get the apple ribbon? 5:1 medal trades is poop