ALB/Dios farming compendium - All information here

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Moozie, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    sorry, my daughter was up from her nap WAY too early i had to watch her.

2. ArmedNun

ArmedNun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Moozie, you're awesome and I sent a friend request your way. I can't do all the farm stuff yet but I'll be available most evenings to farm Z8, Linthia and Scarlet as I have both teams. Let me know if or when you're up for it and I'll spam until I'm out of stamina or my eyes fall out. Hopefully I'll have thanatos finished soon so I can staple him to my ALB for another dungeon to run.

dms1485 likes this.
  3. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    yep caught your request today. I am booked tonight but we can try to hook up tomorrow night for scarlet or something. send me an invite on discord so we can coordinate.

4. mtb911

mtb911 Master Teambuilder, Mediocre player

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Has anyone figured out methods for Dragon Rush or Star Justice L+?

5. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  6. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    @mtb911 (ping as you had asked about both)

Ultimate Dragon rush, Mythical
    variant that doesn't require Zera

A: ALB - Dios - Dios - Hathor - A.Hades
    B: ALB - Dios - Dios - Dios/equiv - Dios/equiv

Note: for safety, as one floor is 1/3 chance to throw a skill bind preempt at you, it's advisable for B to be an equiv or two rather than all four dios, to get team shared SBR up. Reuse of perseus^australis from other rogue farm is a not too uncommon thing partner might flex as a good equiv. player A can also swap a Dios to something with an SBR(s) if A trusts he can combo its board on f3 with average quality/dmg.

Note: Leeza^A.Hades is of course fine, (and dragon killer) if recycling that conveniently to hand from other builds.

Note: One ALB comes back spare by the end, it's just spare.

Note: The gravity could be one each side, with a bit different navigation / pass turn juggle.

F1 [A] ALB, match, enemy is soft hp
    F2 (B) ALB, match, enemy is soft hp
    F3 [A] Dios
    F4 (B) Stall 1 match // gets turns into cycling ALB lead back for P1
    F4 [A] Stall 1 match
    F4 (B) Stall 1 match
    F4 [A] Stall 1 match
    F4 (B) Dios/equiv
    F5 [A] Dios
    F6 (B) Dios/equiv
    F7 [A] pass turn
    F7 (B) Dios
    F7 [A] gravity, gravity, ALB, match, enemy is under 30% and thus soft
    F8 (B) Dios

50% health * .75 * .75 (from two 25% gravity) = 28.125% health, under 30% threshold, and works.
    A 25% + 20% gravity would be juuust short and doesn't work, and resolve would still be in effect.
    A 30% + 20% does work.
    Nordis is a solid fellow, if sufficiently skill ups ready.

And of course Zera 45% is fine, as the full gravity by herself, although the whole point of this build
    was that I didn't have one skilled up a zillion times, and it's hard to find partners with it.

Risky gambit: If a 25, 20 gravity duo is literally all you have (or your partner bring weird cards and goes wonky), you can try x2 gravity on Ilsix, just short, and then natural solving the board with some random set of combo, and likely chip him under 30. After IlSix changes and locks the board, the spare ALB has decent prospects for having enough hearts to convert to kill him. It's board ratio variance risky though, 1/3 board hearts on average. And you need to combo enough to chip under 30. Not recommended as safe, just remarking it came up once on an entertaining poverty variant run.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Dunamos, dms1485, Tek7 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks for posting this!

dharkon on the PAD reddit Discord server and I used this build to clear UDR M+ tonight. Clearing L+ for the stone after was easy peasy.

And hey, I picked up another Ilsix! :)

8. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    At 1%, what does Ilsix do? Does he do the 1-time under 30% hit of 27k + board change or the 1% hit of 22k + heal. Counter attack should kill him in those instances as long as he doesn't do the 1% attack with the heal coming first.

9. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    yeah i posted something similar with nordis instead of hathor and hades, as nordis is farmable, and green sub color and has a row. but this works too

10. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    @maherd

For misc clarity, ilsix at 1 resolve does heal, and therefore snickers at attempts to counterattack finesse him while you cry cry cry into your tea at the great injustice of his mechanics.

Counterattack is the sauce on say, Zeus and Hera descended. But not on places that heal first action.

11. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Pretty sure I've refined a cool upgrade on your mechaHera that gives 3-4 flex options for super Gunma substitutions and sidesteps needing Avalon on the opposite. Though your comp is hotness, and the variants just slightly more matching. Just as those two cards have a touch of rarity / pii skillups.

Have been meaning to post it for days, and am at work again now, but will get it up in a bit.

I know you may not have been getting the run partner overload mob of epic proportions, but I can say that the people you've helped with the builds / threads are legion in the background. From one guy in the background crowd, thanks.

12. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    mech hera isn't mine, that credit goes to @wangatang0830 @ott and @DJKC

I would love to hear about that upgrade, i have a person interested in mhera, but no drake.

you are very welcome, the most important thing obviously was getting the info together and organized so people can use it.

13. DJKC

DJKC ♪走りばなしのノンストップライフ♪

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Did anyone (@wangatang0830 ) ever post the special descend rush build we were using? Dios x3, Odin on one side. Dios x2, Perseus with Australis, Leeza with chibi Lilith if I remember right. Needs the recent-ish JP change where Odin and Odin Dragon also clear no awakening status.

14. maherd

maherd Bearded Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks, Noms. That was the skill order I suspected. Glad I didn't experiment with it.

15. HappyNoms

PADherder:
    link
    Note: Players A and B are deliberately inverted from the classical gunma setup.

A: A.LB - Dios - Dios - Dios/Jade/Verdandi*/etc (2 SB, 1 bind resist) - Perseus^.Artemis.or.Australis.or.RGLiu.or.bicolor (10 SB)

B: A.LB^Leeza.or.Alnair.preferable - Dios - Perseus^Australis - A.Parvati^A.Orochi - Osiris^A.Artemis.or.any.equiv (7 SB)

I'm illustratively using Osiris, to show navigation pathing for a CD4 sub works, implying that the candidate space for the slot is various of several CD1-CD4 cards. CD4 Griffin (farmable), CD3 Robin (Aside: I'm not quite sure if his 20% damage bump tips over absorb threshold - looks very close, if it's under it helps your partner's damage assurance, as the x1.2 hangs around 6 turns.), etc. CD3 farmable BabyMatchPlus, assuming his not being wood is still safe team damage. Also some farmable wood dragons no one is ever going to have skilled to CD3, but I digress... would be nice if below is sound and the candidates pool is a half dozen things. (Gunma, Robin, Osiris, Jize, BabyMatchPlus, Griffin, etc)

Benefits:
    -swaps out the Super Gunma, avoiding the need to skill him up.
    -swaps out the AvalonDrake avoiding the need for B to have that relatively rare specific 3SB sub.
    -avoids the need for an SBR on Parv
    -Note: The 3rd slot on A can be any decent sub with 2 skill boosts. Jade (green sonia) is nice for dark subattribute for extra f2 AoE color option on composition (wood/dark/light). Though a Dios deals more damage and can reduce the need for overall team B plus eggs. Verdandi is some board ratio risk, but common availability if you just want the clear vs looping farm. Boo to fetching questing a 3rd 297 Dios...

Detractions:
    -f4 must match away some locked orbs to avoid excessively monkeying with Leeza/Alnair's easy row creation. Fairly easy, as it's typically ok if imperfectly done. Note that if Alnair (top row) is inherited vs Leeza, this is easy, as matching some orbs makes non-locked refresh up top.
    -Need to rearrange an Osirus right-hand column into a 1 row combo on F4 kill. Difficult if you blindly yolo randomly adhoc. Not as difficult as it might seem given a known pattern to prep for and a non-random approach, though sure, can be screwed up. (I wanted to floor plan solve for a CD4 sub.)
    -Uses pass turns. Should be benign.

Note: Player A eats the +2 delay pre-emptive so Parv doesn't need SBR.
    This also means we aren't fighting for every last skill boost, and AvalonDrake's 3 SB are not necessary.

In the below navigation, player B gets 3 turns in before Orochi use, and dodges the f1 preemptive delay. Parv^Orochi is CD20.
    So teams need 17 skill boosts, which is exactly what they have without Avalon. Osirus has 0 SB. (true of most slot candidates)

Procedure:
    Floor 1 (A) 1 combo
    Floor 1 (B) pass turn
    Floor 1 (A) 1 combo, polite to clear trash orbs
    Floor 1 (B) LB and combo (clarity: Though B ate the -2 delay, LB charges back up on both player's turns)
    Floor 2 (A) AoE hit and housekeep (AoE via subattribute board permitting, polite to housekeep as relevant to B's inherit)
    Floor 2 (B) Osiris^inherit - combo 9 orbs wood for full modifier, 3+ overall combos (Osiris T1)
    Floor 3 (A) Dios/Jade/Verdandi and combo (whatever this semi-flex sub slot is running. Verdandi is some board ratio risk and not preferred but an okay poverty sub.)
    Floor 4 (B) take a hit, enemy will lock 15 orbs. (Match to hoard heart orbs on the board for B's healing up next turn.) (Osiris T2)
    Floor 4 (A) pass turn
    Floor 4 (B) A.Orochi and match away locked orbs (particularly for bottom row, if partner is on Leeza), and heal up while skill use has rcv x4 boosted (Osiris T3)
    Floor 4 (A) Leeza and NO OTHER COMBOS - 1 wood row only
    Floor 4 (B) Clear orbs and most/all remaining locked orbs (Osiris T4: comes back up)
    Floor 4 (A) Clear orbs lightly / board prepping so Osiris has an easy time making a row on top
    Floor 4 (B) Osiris and 1 row, NO OTHER COMBOS - 1 wood row only
    Discussion of an fairly easy board prep pattern into right column into solving for a row on top - below.
    Floor 5 (A) Australis (or equiv inherit)
    Floor 6 (B) Australis (or equiv inherit)
    Floor 7 (A) Dios
    Floor 8 (B) LB
    Floor 9 (A) Dios
    Floor 10 (B) Dios and Parvati enhance

Osiris prep:
    Make the top 2 rows like this:
    W W x W x x
    W x x x x x
    Player 2 can then Osiris a right column of wood, pluck out the middle orb, and arrange a row on top.

This generally perturbs the top two rows, one of which becomes wood, and gives good time for adjusting anything bumped in row 2 that needs tweaks for skyfall safety, by dipping in and out of rows 2 and 3 in a confined 2x5 rectangle of active area.

Generally speaking, row 1 matches away, rows 2 and 3 are where you do your adjustments. Rows 4 and 5 you never touch. Column 6 is a 'safe' column from how you plucked the middle orb out. So it's really just 10 orbs in rows 2-3, columns 1-5 are the 2x5 ten orb box that you will, if needed, tweak manipulate to avoid matches and for good skyfall safety (prefer to avoid vertical 2s beckoning a skyfall orb.)

TODO: Cut and paste in the nice orb graphics and show the movement in fuller detail.
    TODO: Touchups/clarity, just getting it posted for accuracy/critical review.
    TODO: CD3 Robin as viable option/flex - seemed in TEC he was just under damage threshold on 1 row in the proposed composition vs a 297 Dios, mathing in Dios coop stats modifier, presuming it's true that your team is your team, and that you don't get your partner's +orb damage modifier, just the +orbs on the board and your team's +orb awakenings. Bears a test with an actual coop TEC vs solo TEC. Also haven't mathed if CD3 BabyMatchPlus is fine, being fire vs wood, on overall team damage sweeping various floors cleanly with no skyfall and drought board +orbs. As possible BabyMatchPlus reuse as a popular farmed Jize substitute on z8 rogue, though would have to disinherit A.Ra to use here.

16. Tiger

Tiger Member

User ID:
    346 442 302
    Anybody use alb for Agni?
    Does dios' board kill cu chu on the second floor with albs as leaders?

17. dms1485

dms1485 an old noob

User ID:
    I know it does with a full hyper team...

18. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    wow, this is interesting. but relying on osiris to make a row, in 4 seconds. lots of people, including myself, have gotten very spoiled by TE. I know you can make a row with enough orbs, but relying on those extra orbs AND everyone being able to make a row, not so sure.

BUT, the badge system just came out, so with ALB being unbindable, perhaps we can use the time booster badge to help out.

19. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link
    FYI: badges don't work in coop.

20. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    then what the hell? pointless system is pointless. thanks for the info!!