Alraune 0-stones Lv10.

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Chirei, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

Half of me didn't want to do this, and the other half of me believed that 7x6 was OP. I guess now we know which one was right...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Technical details for nerds-
    Extra Notes:

-Was a tough call on whether or not to try this. This Lv10 is absolutely full of things that would ruin Alraune's day, including a 12.7 million HP Satan at the beginning that I can't tank in any way, and TWO powerful fire bosses at the end without any breaks, with higher than normal stats to boot. After running and clearing 7x6 XEC again to be sure of my ability, I gave it a shot.
    -Mega Satan: The team has four skillboosts. I have to do as much damage to Satan as possible, so the first turn is a raw combo hit and therefore a bit of a crapshoot since I may spawn with little wood orbs at the start. Thankfully this didn't happen. The Parv+Chu burst on a 7x6 board averages about 6 million damage without Medjed's help, and I lucked out and did a little closer to 8. He was easy after that.
    -Super Athena: Can take out well over half my health in a single hit, and also packs a -99% gravity. She somehow never used the latter on me, and after having to deal with the horror that is Mega Satan, she was much easier to take down in comparison (Only 5 turns!) since her stats remain unaltered.
    -Permafrost-Is: 80% SBR didn't fail me. Even if it did, this is basically a stall floor. Carefully healing while doing little damage, doing a mini burst to get her to ~50%, then a big burst with 3 TPA allowed me to go into the next wave in great shape.
    -Super Goemon: I start by taking about 75% of my HP in damage, and am threatened with more unless I do enough damage by turn one. Thankfully the 8 wood orbs leftover from the Is fight and a 12 combo were enough to do it on turn one, and from there it was conserving actives to make sure he doesn't overpower me. Medjedra can save from a Coin Barrage if Alraune gets binded, but she miraculously shrugged off the two binds that were thrown at her.
    -Awoken Shiva: Nasty. Died on the first attempt because he used the poison move, bypassed my 60% Poison Resist, and had only two hearts on the board. Finishing Goemon with Medjedra reduces the impact the -75% Preemptive Gravity does, and I went into the fight with a lot more hearts on the second attempt. It's basically another active management fight, and Parvati was invaluable here for chipping him down (Who would have guessed his own wife would be super effective against him?). Got him to ~35% and did the legendary 5 TPA to finish.

Gig, Dunamos, Arranging and 29 others like this.
  2. ShadowDragon

ShadowDragon Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Gloriously

Ridiculously

Awesomely

I don't know what else to say.

Mentally stunned

3. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
  4. It3mUs3r

It3mUs3r Moo Moo Lem Lem

Super Awesome clear!

All the congrats. They're yours. I mean it.

5. Chirei

Remember to breathe!

6. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

I'm so confused....

Honestly taking on a c10 with alraune.
    Especially one with that's very anti green in the last 2 floors.

I think the only thing left is arena....

dms1485 likes this.
  7. WideEyedRabbit

WideEyedRabbit Well-Known Member

Are you a combo savant? Like honestly, don't be modest. Are you a god?

8. Chirei

I've had someone look at my videos and tell me I'm "average". I definitely wouldn't compare myself to people like lukehouse or tevvie, and sadly I'm not even sure if there's a scale to properly determine these kinds of things.

This is the latest video I've recorded trying to play under the constraint of not taking too long to think. It's a few months old, but you can judge for yourself. I feel anything I say would be biased in some way or another.

9. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Someone called you average? No way. I have seen your rush combo results. I think you are much better than average.

10. Chirei

I don't know what scale they were basing off of, but ultimately it doesn't matter to me how good or bad someone thinks I am at comboing. The only person I need to get the approval of regarding that is myself, and I think I'm fine where I am for what I need to do.

dms1485 and nocutename like this.
  11. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

Average is good. I'm average. Mediocrity yay! Also dat hp.

12. Orree

Orree A day late and a combo short...

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "average" doesn't beat a C10 with Alraune. ;)

dms1485 and Moozie like this.
  13. Chirei

Being mediocre is fun. It just means you can get a lot more badass in the future.

14. icedragon926

icedragon926 Blue myr so expensive :<

User ID:
    382, 103, 341
    Your very dedicated ^w^

Nice clear!

15. nocutename

nocutename 1,500 days

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link

I think I am below average. :( Oh well, I am part of the genX the slacker group. :p

16. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    I am going to have to agree. i haven't even seen your video yet.

EDIT: Wow, i just watched the video, very impressive. rank yourself however you want, you are better than me. you stack your matches better than i ever will, you cascade very very well, and you know your team. you know when to burst and kill, when to heal how much damage you can do.

you beat FF mythical with your hypermax team, i couldn't do it with my almost hypermax ra team.

one question about your cascades. You had one against gigamesh i think. triple cascade on the left side. was that an accident or on purpose? I know like 90% of your cascades were on purpose, but that one looked a little too good to be true. it was the one where you cleared hearts i think, cascaded light and then the jammers cleared too.

please don't take this the wrong way, but you move your orbs slowly. that is awesome for people like me watching your videos. when i watch rico for example, he is a whirling dervish, and about 7 seconds later he has 9 combos plus skyfall, and i have no idea how he did it.

you move deliberately and I can see what you are doing and how you are doing it. a lot of times i was like what is he doing, then boom cascades and i am like, oh, ok. better than watching those videos with yomi as a leader and watching them go super slow motion. it was very educational, do you have more videos i can watch?

one other question, a couple of times it looks like you left a combo on the board. I am not sure if you were out of time, you didn't want another combo for stalling purposes or what. still better than me. was that intentional or just out of time, or didnt see it? so many times i drop an orb and i could have moved it 2 more spaces for another combo.

very well done, and i look forward to seeing more

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  17. Chirei

If you were referring to this:
    [​IMG]

Then yes, that one was on purpose. This video was made when I was trying to teach myself cascading without any references, and these are more or less the results of what I have taught myself.

Like I said, I'm nowhere near the best and well aware of it. I am not yet at the point where my mental capacity can keep track/fire-and-forget movements of that speed, so I have to move as fast as my mind can register that the move was made, which is the speed you see there. An absolutely ordinary speed. If it helped you in the end though, than that's good.

Sadly, my internet is incredibly poor (1.5 MB/s), and I have a pretty terrible computer that makes even rendering regular videos a pain (1.89GHz clock), so I don't do videos very often because it demotivates me to constantly run into my technological limitations when I try to do things that I want. That video is the most recent one I've done, and I don't know if I will be doing any more anytime soon. Maybe if I find something interesting enough...

EDIT: I feel I should also note that internet that poor combined with other people using it all the time limits my ability to even do things like watch videos, so it's extremely difficult for me to bother even looking up "tutorial" videos as well. I basically have to teach myself for the best effect.

It's likely that what you saw was a result of me running out of time or me not seeing the move entirely. If you've ever heard people talking about rewatching their videos and then mentally kicking themselves because they missed "easy" moves they could have done to make it better in hindsight... well, you're seeing that right now. Filming myself gives me the feeling that I'm being "watched", and I know it's customary not to take too long to make your moves in front of an audience out of respect, so I don't take nearly as much time to think as I normally do, and therefore a lot of missed moves should be expected.

18. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

I agree you are not average. Average folks look at your orb movement and do not understand what you are building. They only see your slower movement.

Quite frankly they are mesmerized by the super quick orb movements of a few you tubers. Some of them I see are very fast but I'm uncertain how much better or worse you are from them. Especially those that brute force boards....

We will just call it a style preference.