Alraune beats Arena 1 w/ Unity Challenge

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by Chirei, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Chirei

Chirei monmusu world order

Full Album with comments here.

This was a very very, long time coming. Due to how the game's been going lately and A1 basically being "outdated", I had no drive to do this at all. To make things worse, people would rub it in my face that people from JP had already cleared A1 with Alraune by splashing AFreyja/Courage Machina, which were things I didn't have, so I was really demotivated to try. But thanks to a friend, I found the strength to suck it up, feed the +297 Tamadra from the stream to Nordis, blow several millions on inherits, and fight on.

Unity Challenge? What's that?

I was scanning through threads on the Reddit sub one day and found this rather interesting post about a "Unity Challenge". I decided that it would be a decent enough restriction I could place upon myself despite not being intended for Arena to make up for the powercreep.

Preparations

I had Alraune inherit Balboa's skill to stop Fatty on F12, and GGY on Parvati so I could burst with Perseus when I didn't need to heal. I also had a choice of Spica, but I wanted the bindclear just in case. This becomes evident in the last blooper screenshot.

Notable Encounters on the run

F7: Zhao Yun. 6 combo with rows is not fun. Add in a 99% Gravity with a team that has a 1x RCV mult(sort of?) and you have a headache.
    F13: Sopdet. I got a good hit in on her initially, but it also healed me to full because I had to use Perseus for it. It turns out that just making green rows with 6+ combos was enough to deal the rest of the damage.
    F15: Venus. Very squishy, but this could have been Meimei, and I didn't have Astray Mist up because I was cycling Cure to stay alive. Tanked her a few turns and used Cure again to undo binds for the kill.
    F17: Zeus-Olympios. Not that hard, but again listing this because it could have easily been worse. For some reason he never used Lightning of God or God's Gaze, allowing me to take him out at about 40% HP left rather easily. wonder if the Arena version is bugged.
    F18: Threedia. Again, can easily be much worse, but I couldn't use Dios to kill him because Beelzebub could have been the next floor. Used a calculated Perseus activation with 2 rows+10 combo to oneshot him after a few turns, saving the GGY and Dios skills for Beelz. I did encounter Lifive and beat him on a previous run for the curious, as seen in the blooper reel.
    F19: Hera-Is. Definitely one of the easier spawns. Beelzebub would have probably made me lose due to blowing everything just to kill him in time, leaving nothing for Kali, and Hera-Ur would have made stalling on Kali extra hard with the skyfall debuff. Used Dios to finish her because I didn't really need it for the Kali fight.
    F20: Light Kali. Much, much, much harder than DKali by far. I was sure that I wasn't going to win this time because she would be able to bind me and make my already sub-optimal 80% SBR even lower, and she did bind Perseus and fire Kalam off a few times. Thankfully, I resisted it every time on 40%, but got a bit unlucky near the end. Despite that, I managed to pull through the skillbinds and masses of -99% Gravities just by comboing really, really hard. Nordis+Perseus+GGY Skill when she was at about ~6% HP left was the killshot.

Thanks to win8x for his Dios, and also to everyone everyone who has been following my adventures with Alraune over time. I'm not sure where I can reasonably go from here, but I'm glad on a personal level to have at least made it this far.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    StarDragon12, Deft, dms1485 and 22 others like this.
  2. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I never cease to be amazed by these.

3. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    Chi as impressive as always!!! :D Congrats friend~!

David@PF and Chirei like this.
  4. Chirei

this will totally make a good ending for the comic if you were still gonna draw that hue

5. Reni

Reni The mama

User ID:
    ᴺᴬ 315,091,284
    PADherder:
    link
    I am. Drafting the panels to get everything right! :D

6. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Definitely a big accomplishment, arena is already hard with good teams and in co-op but clearing it solo with alraune takes serious dedication.

Congratulations

7. samuelburtt

samuelburtt mono-green advocate

User ID:
    351 340 253
  8. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    This is amazing.

I've failed Arena 1 now like 15 times straight with the benefits of MHera and self-coop and here you are clearing it solo with Alraune. :rolleyes:

Congrats on another very impressive clear! :D

David@PF and Chirei like this.
  9. Jchunksgt

Jchunksgt nOOb

10. aFireBlaze

aFireBlaze memes

User ID:
    memes
    I too was told that i can't complete arena 1 with whatever dream team I wanna do. Like, wanting to do arena with okuninushi. People told me "you can't do arena using okuninushi without skill inheritance or multiplayer." and you know what? screw em. apparently they forgot there's solo mode that exists since 2011 and we. can. do. whatever. the. damn. hell. we. like.

you cleared arena with the girl of your dreams so put on your sunglasses and tell them that Alruane's lullaby was too strong for them to see the real nightmare of their venom become reality from you.

Well done, and congratulations for the arena clear.

philsov and sunglassesmichael like this.
  11. Chirei

I feel like whoever said that is a dumbass, because dark actually gets on-color gravities and can therefore not noob it up like I had to do :(

aFireBlaze likes this.
  12. philsov

philsov has sufficient privileges to post here

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Amazing.

LKali is the pits! Grats on the lack of beelz, at least.

Maybe a team reformat once we get wood gala, making besties with Captain Quads Robin Hood?

Pairs amazing with Alraune, but you'll probably need to eschew rows in favor of TPA for 7+ combos...

13. Chirei

I was using Alraune/Bastet before so I have prong setups, and I was already planning on doing this. However, finding someone actually running this guy would be a massive problem, since I don't see why anyone would over all these other S+++++++ leads like Myr/Kaede/etc, combined with the difficulty of actually getting him.

philsov likes this.
  14. Ele

Ele on the plus egg hunt

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Wow, congratulations!! Epic win! :)