Alt Arena 4 Tips?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by CloudnineXXX, Jul 4, 2020.

1. CloudnineXXX

CloudnineXXX Well-Known Member

PADherder:
    link
    What actives do I need to bring?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Are you well familiarized with A6? Based on your answer will be the level of detail in my response. I will do so tomorrow when I get up, this is not the type of dungeon you can just list things easily. Also what team you plan to bring?

3. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    Not at all. I've never stepped into A6 yet (didn't even know it existed until today).

Usually i'll co-op with Valentine Ideal x Fagan on a 7x6 switch team. Blind, Cloud, Tape, Poi, TE, Dmg absorb, Awoken bind is always covered. Jammer, spinners are not usually covered.

I guess the question is how much dmg absorb, void dmg, awoken bind, spinners will I need to bring? plus possible other gimmicks that I'm not even thinking about.

4. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ok, so AA4 is a beefed up version of A6. It has a shiton of gimmicks and you are basically gonna need to cover all hazards if possible. In terms of priority, id say absolutely cover Blind, Poison, Cloud and L Unlock, highly recommend tape, jammers are nice but can be ignored if too hard to fit in. Also need VDP for many spawns throughout the dungeon, unless you have VDP null active.

7x6 team unfortunately get very punished due to Nohime on floor 10. She does 15 turn skill delay, awoken bind for 5 turn, tape block, cloud block, and other shit. It's ok in A6 if you bring a 15 turn CD inherit on your bind clearer, but in AA4 it's even more annoying with additional stuff like skyfall blinds, etc. It can be done but I would highly recommend doing 6*5 if you can.

In terms of actives that are required:
    • Atk buff (floor 6 snowglobes and floor 19 MP Dragons)
    • RCV buff and time (honestly, many floors can hurt your recovery and move time so on demand for both would be nice. If you can only do 1, prioritize short CD time, and then any other RCV debuff)
    • Remove unmatchable effects (floor 3 Enoch, and floor 19 if you draw Odindra). This only affects hearts so will be lethal for teams that activate on hearts, but can also be lethal for other teams due to lack of healing
    • Awoken bind clear (for Freyja floor 7 and for Odindra floor 19)
    • Damage Absorb (floor 4 persephone, and floor 16 Neptunedra). Single turn is fine.
    • VDP null actives (in this case make sure the are low CD, like transformed aljae, dyer, grigory, etc). Will potential need in upto 7-8 floors.
    In term of nice actives to have but depending on your composition can be ignored:
    • Color absorb null. Floor 13 has Naminue that has a 5 turn RBG absorb and he hits hard as fuck. If your main team colors are light or dark then this can be bypassed. If you have any of the absorb color you could stall but be mindful of managing hearts well. The other annoying one is Yomidra on floor 20 (this is the new floor in AA4, so not present in A6). She makes random 2 color absorb every turn. I myself have beaten many times by being patient but it can be annoying.
    • Shield. Can help tanking sometimes but it's not necessary unless you are using leaders that have shield in the LS (like Algei and Norza)
    In terms of latents:
    • SBR on your unmatchable cleric
    • Damage latents on your hardest hitters. You want at least one God killer and one Devil killer card.
    • Some nice utility latents are poison resist and LS on your leader if it's not a main damage dealer. Both are these are luxury and not strictly required but nice to have. I would prioritize poison over LS. Since this dungeon is actually the only place so far to get them (apart from pad pass a few days ago) let me know and I can lend you 1 of each that you need.
    • If you are using a team with Aten as a sub, VDP on Aten is so much better for consistency, especially when you get 2 floors in a row with VDP. If you have God killer inherit (dracoblade) that would be ideal too.

The most important thing then becomes learning when to use what skills, true for most endgame dungeons but especially true in A6 and AA4. Too many gimmicks back to back to back, and some floors will be lethal if you are not prepared for the gimmick (like Nobunaga on 16 with his 4 turn execute on top of 4 turn nasty time debuff and locking your board every turn). I would highly recommend do A6 first so you can at least learn the basic BS the dungeon throws at you, then adjusting to AA4 is a little easier.

If you want a more detailed floor by floor explanation feel free to send me a discord invite and we can chat more there. You can see in my signature the 2 teams I farm AA4 with if you want 6*5 ideas, they are kinda whale but just in case you have something similar. Good luck!

EDIT: I see you have V.Ideal. That can replace Marik as a pair in my build so you should try Ideal/Dyer. One of the best farmers of A6 and AA4. But I highly recommend you to not do 7x6 Leaderswap. Up to you though, maybe you can make it work.

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  5. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    Any tips on who can be stalled on? One of the issues i've been having is running out of actives.

6. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Depends on the spawns, but some good spots are:
    1. floor 4 (Persephone or aten) since you can stall at least 4 turns is aten, and indefinite on Persephone
    2. floor 7 if Acala since she has no rage, she will keep lowering rcv every turn so make sure to have a solution to this. Mine is H.Bastet on a 3 turn CD. If Astrea, you can stall 1 turn but aftr that it get dicey because of spinners.
    3. floor 15, kurone can be stalled by using hearts from the spinners for 4 turns. Shintetsu as well can be stalled, pretty much indefinitely if you can heal 163K every 2 turns.
    4. floor 16 if Izanagi, can stall indefinitely. However if Nobunaga you have 4 turns to kill and he lock board every turn plus put up a 4 turn Nasty time debuff, so usually you want to have bastet or diaochan or aten ready for this and then one shot.
    5. floor 17, if you draw Scheherazade can basically stall for a long time in A6, but in AA4 you need to have an effective 200k HP on turn 7 or 8 (whenever the 3 turn absorb goes away). She does however turn 5 delay skill 5 turns in AA4 for take this into consideration. No rage though so you can try and kill through the VDP shield. For Brahma you can easily stall 4 turn while spinner are going to give you free hearts, then after spinners you can stall a bit more if needed carefully, but keep in mind he hits hard, especially in AA4 (over 100k per turn)
    6. floor 19, the MPdras. I usually just go on Odindra, but Neptune and shiva can be stalled on because of their absorbs. But, you absolutely need to have remove unmatchable and awoken bind clear ready upon entering the floor if you get Odin, otherwise you are dead.
    7. floor 20 in AA4, this is the only new floor and has Yomidra or RaDra. You can definitely stall the 5 turn atk debuff and then kill. On heradra you can stall the 10 turn spinners too but i usually just kill by matching around the cross of spinners.
    Id say you will need to bring one of H.Bastet, R.Diaochan, or SR Horus to deal with all the time debuffs here, especially for AA4. What does your team look like?

7. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    T1: Fagan, Pixel Sherias, Valeria, Kio (Assist Aten), Fagan (assist Yuna)

T2: Diao Chan, Yashamaru, Valeria, Kamui, V Ideal (assist Banku)

Team transforms on turn 1 to VIdeal x Fagan. Tape, Cloud, Blind are covered. Biggest issue has been the board modifications (aka Nohime, spinners).

Getting closer and understanding the dungeon a little bit better. The stalling tips you posted has helped.

Brought in a 5 turn delay for Nohime which has helped a lot.

8. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Very nice, glad it helped.

For spinners, most can be either stalled or manipulated into combos. For example, on Shitentsu he puts a full row a spinners, which can be manipulated to make 2 different combos by simply holding the orbs and releasing when they match the color or other orbs in the line of spinners. In the same floor, if you draw Kurone you can stall the spinners depending on how good is your healing without doing damage. On my Dyer team I make heart tpas taken from the spinners every turn until spinners are gone. On Brahma likewise I like to stall the 4 turns using hearts created from the spinners. On Heradra, you can combo around the cross of spinners or just stall the 10 turns again using the spinners to keep making hearts every turn.

Good luck!

CloudnineXXX likes this.
  9. CloudnineXXX

PADherder:
    link
    @Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

Took about 15 tries but finally down. Finally getting the intricacies of the dungeon. Thanks for all the tips!

10. Carlos R. Marti-Figueroa

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Congrats! Yeah this dungeon in particular has many mechanics to navigate through so any win is really an achievement. Well done

CloudnineXXX likes this.