Alt. Arena guide

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by golekkoin, Oct 2, 2018.

1. golekkoin

golekkoin Member

User ID:
    golekkoin
    Is there a guide somewhere?

Like what card to bring

Should you bring fujin, delay, vdp, att absorb or something.

Thx

2. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Alt Arena is pretty much Arena 3 w.o the dragon boss but a lot harder (as opposed to A4 which has diff requirement).

Def bring Fujin.
    Also: Odindra/Jhoira is pretty much mandatory coz a lot of Awoken skill bind in this one.

Possibly a shield (coz: DQ Hera (F18) hits > 130K preempt)
    Possibly Def break (Metatrons, or Hashihime)
    Possibly long delay (coz: Hashihime)

I don't believe Att absorb is mandated.
    Same for VDP.

Who's your lead?

golekkoin likes this.
  3. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    - Depends on your team, you may or may not need Fujin.

- VDP isn't really necessary but will make Hera Beorc easier. She absorbs Light damage for 10 turns.

- Depends on your team whether you can stall through awoken bind or not you might need awoken bind clear.

- Delay is a valuable utility. If you have double Kralice Rapier, it should be enough to deal with Hashihime and Gaia (when she forbids your main attacking color), and it could save you when you got Kagutsuchi and not enough heart for FUA.

- Depends on your team you might need a shield or two for F13 (floor after Sopdet/Medjedra/Sphinx) because of Goemon, and for F18 because of DQ Hera. If your team has 146k effective HP you can tank both.

That said: What is your team?

golekkoin likes this.
  4. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    Outdated for team comps but:

https://goo.gl/ZoC94T

golekkoin and kandjar like this.
  5. golekkoin

golekkoin Member

User ID:
    golekkoin
  6. golekkoin

golekkoin Member

User ID:
    golekkoin
    Well, I have mainly anublos, but also run vraska and barjulie. Also run yusuke and edward sometimes.

7. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Anublos is pretty bad for AA since the team is too frail for all the big hits.
    BJ is arguably the best AA team if you have the right subs but Yusuke and vraska can also clear it.
    BJ is best with double Kuroyuri since it makes you basically invincible against most spawns, but an rcv stick like mizutsune or Mel also works and both also provide an fua. You will definitely need a fujin to deal with starling and sopdet and should have at least one rathian assist to deal with poison orbs that are quite common and it also provides a delay to deal with otherwise troublesome spawns like Gaia. A triple 7c like blujin, aife or enra should also be included to help with damage.

kandjar likes this.
  8. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I run the following team and have a very high clear rate. Most fails are due to me not paying attention while watching TV :p

Also, when you get used to it, it's not as slow as it looks. You don't need to stall for all actives every floor. I usually have to reset actives 2-3 times max, so runs take around 20 minutes or so.

I have full poison resists, 2 delays, 1 fujin and 1 burst.

I use delay on Gaia if she locks blue or red (can also use Puu if Fujin was not used to tank her hit).

Puu is to kill the green mask more easily. It's also useful in case of board troll on Ninegaruda. If it was not used then, I will use it on the first turn of Kali in case I put her in the rage zone.

I usually only use sheen for Hashihime (use BJ board+Sheen for OHKO when she absorbs dark/light).

Helen card could be Hakuryu too, but I prefer Helen as it doubles as a delay.

A lot of floors are easily stallable, you'll just have to learn on which spawn you can and cannot stall. Even if I clear the earlier floors fast, Fujin's inherit is often up by Sopdet, so make sure you reset it at some point and restall so that you don't get to Sopdet with Fujin's active unavailable :p

Metatrons are usually dead with a natural board, no need for any actives.