Am I mistaken or is the Halloween Cotton a terror!

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by taen, Oct 26, 2018.

1. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    triple 7c, low c/d skill, cotton utility. Seriously, I am really tempted to swap for this one. Am I missing something?

-T

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    bindable and regular cotton will soon be buffed with triple combo SA. She ain't bad but she isn't that great

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Unless you have like 28 dupe gfes for trade fodder I wouldn't do it. She is a damage stick. We will always get more of those

4. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I'd trade for super fun Halloween art over her actual pad capabilities. :)

Tyizor likes this.
  5. sl946

sl946 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, she's good, but I don't think she's worth trading 4 6* GFE's for unless you're a whale with hundreds of them. I can't think of a single situation where she would be irreplaceable. Personally I wouldn't use the monster exchange unless I'm going to get an amazing card that will significantly increase the amount of content I can clear. (So far Yusuke and BJ are the only two cards I have ever traded for on the exchange.) Halloween Cotton is just a minor upgrade over regular Cotton. Or numerous other cards. I don't have Cotton so I use Skuld. She gets the job done. I can still farm A4 and AA without much difficulty. There's no point in killing my box to upgrade her.

BurningMan likes this.
  6. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I do things that are fun. If your overall box is solid, and you think Halloween Cotton sounds fun, go for it.

7. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I pulled her as my free pull. Is anyone going to lead with her or is she just for damage? If anybody is going to lead with her what is you team. So far I have HCotton/Megatron/Apoc/Eir/Yomi haven/t gotten to assists yet. Also is there another unbindable equip other than Nicol Bolas?

8. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

I kinda feel like trading some nice cards for her... because Cotton is Cotton. haha

9. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Because Cotton is the best card you don’t have. She’s got 7cc, FUA, low cooldown active, high stats and can be any colour you want!!! She’s best in slot...

...in a total of zero teams.

10. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not true b cotton is arguably the best fua for Yusuke, new roots, reeche and BJ all are top tier teams.

11. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

Except Halloween Cotton has no evolution... and I use my regular L. Cotton (because Angelion) on Dark Ideal, Light Ideal and Revo Anubis teams... (I know, revo Anubis and Cotton aren't BFF, but she somewhat works)... lol

12. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

User ID:
    335 669 204
    She would be a great card to roll with limited attempts, but chasing her or trading in 6*s for her doesn’t seem practical. She doesn’t perfectly really “fit” on any of the meta teams right now cause of her active lacking synergy and her being bindable and if you even wanted to lead with her instead, good luck finding someone who not only has one, but leads with her and then continues to lead with her after this collab ends. Feel like that last part is the saddest thing about the top and rarest cards from collabs that aren’t meta changing; unless you and your alt (if you have it) both have it, odds are you won’t be able to lead with it for as long as you would like to due to it fading into obscurity once the newest meta card comes out and your friends list is overrun with that card (see Yusuke, dmeta in more recent months)

13. taen

taen Member

PADherder:
    link
    Okay - thanks for the grounding. I hadn't moved on her yet and it doesn't sound worthy of pursuit. I do have a lot of dupe GFE's, but I have a lot of endgame capable teams already. THanks for the rationale.

-T

Freddy likes this.
  14. Orange Crush

User ID:
    @BurningMan @Super Random Box

Well off the top of my head Amatsu is better than B.Cotton. But still not really the point. Basically Cotton is now what Valks were a few years ago a universal filler sub. Evoing her is a pain in the ass and you’ll prob not actually do it under most circumstances.

Cotton will always be one better pull or buff away from getting dumped from whatever team she’s on. Great if you got her but not worth chasing.

15. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    The fuck you say about my Green Cotton? I'll have you know she's made up of recently buffed GFE's and poor PAD decisions, but she's an adorable ball of fluff on my Kaede team.

Seriously guys. She has a fucking chainsaw. Why the hell has no one mentioned that as a reason to trade for her yet?
    Ngl. I'm considering it just for that.

16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I pulled her from the REM and I'm not a fan. It's not that she's not capable but she's a hassle to play with. You essentially HAVE to have a dark + light combo + 7c to deal any kind of significant damage with her. The biggest problem is that her damage and shield is conditional meaning that you can't necessarily control your damage (due to potential skyfalls) nor can you stall indefinitely because of needing to meet the conditions; both her damage and shield is under the same condition, if you want to stall, it's near-impossible with her because you'll also be getting the damage.

If you want to get her to combo everything into oblivion, she'll definitely work for that but then again, there are many other leads capable of doing that, not just her. I definitely wouldn't trade for her, she's just not worth it in my book. The one great thing about her aside from the obvious triple 7c's is her active, it's an absolute beast (Apocalypse + unlock + 1c) but that's really the only thing that stands out for me about her. She might find a spot as a sub at some point but the fact that she is bindable really limits where she can go.

17. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Guys, I want to apologize for being an ass.

Since the buff, I’d say Cotton herself now replaces any much multiple single element match leads like Sarasvati/Krishna/Vishnu, Amatsu, Zela etc.

Those that get a higher ATK multiplier have *barely* a better one and are *much* more orb hungry. India 2s requirements are particularly comical even if you get an HP mult.

Honestly, Cotton only requiring 2 combos can actually use TPA+7c effectively while doing more damage and using less orbs. And not having an HP or Typing requirement means team building is a breeze (I could even use Skuld in a team ever).

I still can’t really comment on her as a sub, the only team she’s on is Fio, my other one isn’t upgraded yet.