Am I the Only One Farming Predras for MP?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by jlarimore, Sep 16, 2016.

1. jlarimore

jlarimore Well-Known Member

Judging by the lack of interest in joining my coop rooms, I don't understand why more people aren't farming Predras for MP. I just earned 100K in ~3 hours for 16 stones. If you had good coop partners, I could see someone pulling in 150K if they farmed an entire 5 hour window. That seems like a pretty great time and cost proposition when you are talking about spending a month of rogue grind to accomplish the same goal.

2. FXStrato

FXStrato Neonine

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I wonder the same too haha; I had my room open for a good 20 minutes and no one joined. I'm not really in it for the MP, mostly for the latents since I'm always in need of atk and finger ones, but it certainly surprises me that people don't seem to do them anymore; perhaps they've already gotten the latents they need? It's true the stam/exp ratio is very low, and if you were farming for MP as well as other dungeon drops and exp, there's better alternatives.

3. Inagaki

Inagaki What are you, TAMA ?

PADherder:
    link
    I have other stuff to do that can't allow me to play 3 hours straight :( But I wish haha

4. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i have farmed up 500k since ALB dropped, and i know others have farmed up 3-4 times that amount. the only latent i need is SDR, but i am not going to spend stones on MP.

i would probably blow my brains out if i had to do predras for 3-5 hours

5. Digity

Digity Member

Its because myth+ rogues are a cheaper place to farm mp and they are always available

6. Super Random Box

Super Random Box REM Trolled.

1 hour doing the same thing is somewhat boring.
    Now... 5 hours doing the same thing... that would be way too boring, I guess...

7. jlarimore

Cheaper stamina wise. But, way more expensive time wise. I'm just saying that Predras is essentially Star Den for MP and almost no one is using it as such. I find that odd. Those rates I mention are just examples. You don't have to farm for 5 hours. Any amount of farming is saving you time.

8. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    oh i did my 6 runs, no invades again, of course.

I just prefer to farm my MP, get some plus eggs, get decent rank xp, possibly rank again, so i have like 12-24 runs depending, picking up 575 MP per run or more depending, be done in an hour or so and not spend any stones.

again, 500K mp, and I made 2 max skill z8, 1 max skill linthia, 4 max skill scarlets, and I have a month where I had to teach, so I wasn't running MP in the mornings like i usually do. my primary partner has farmed up like 2 million MP. the only MP purchase I MIGHT make is plum, because I have 3 akechi. other than that, if i farm too much i will cap. I see no reason to burn stones picking up latents i literally have dozens of taking up space in my box

9. jlarimore

It's funny that you are looking for invades when I get pissed off every time one gets in the way of my MP farming. I have 40 skill boost latents clogging up my box that I have nothing to do with. I will admit that there is an end to this kind of farming. I am approaching the point where all of the cards in my box will have 5 latents on them and I am not willing to farm this once I no longer can use the latents.

10. Moozie

Moozie Well-Known Member

User ID:
    327 896 299
    PADherder:
    link
    i guess that happens when you drop 16 stones. i don't stone latents anymore. i would rather wait for GFE only REM, if it ever comes.

11. ViewtifulGene

ViewtifulGene Mostly Retired. Still A Lazy Shit.

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I prefer rogues. The Predra guerrillas rarely come at a time I can farm. Also, I can choose which latent invades and get Supers as a side benefit.

12. beradin

beradin The cYNic

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I farm Predra for SDR latent and the rest is just goodies.

13. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I just use my daily bar and call it a day, without stoning, as there isn't actually anything I'm keen to buy at the moment, sitting on a gradually increasing 260. I guess Plum next for Ana typhon, assuming that even gets confirmed as an NA thing, but otherwise am defaulted to waiting on some fresh MP cards to get announced.

I respect the farmers, but I'd rather spend $120 on a couple of packs if GFE machine ever comes, and have 300k in 5 minutes, than spend 6-8 hours farming mind numbing repetition, at basically minimum wage. My leisure time is inherently more expensive than that. Anything not netting $25+ an hour of value had better be significantly fun, or it's just in my economic gaming interests to buy the MP outright by converting packs at the machine. If GFE never comes, at some occassional x4 event, but still.

Rogues were fine, though now that I've skilled a z8 and Myr, Scarlet, Linthia, it's just daily stamina bar and done.

mtb911 likes this.
  14. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    daily stam for the guerilla, otherwise farm rogues when i feel like it and have nothing more pressing to spend my stam on (like skillups, plusses or tamas). Seeing as i have 401k with no mp purchases yet, getting more isnt a big priority as i would just end up sitting on that too.

15. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    I like predra dungeon a lot. People farm it. Just looks like you had some bad luck on it that day. I've had similar happen to me with tamadras and I know for a fact people need those.

16. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    These days, I don't see a great reason to stone for MPs or +eggs. Both are plentiful. Maybe it would be different if I was more whale-ish.

And yeah, farming Rogues may be a lot slower, but I don't want that many MP monsters, and frankly there's nothing better to do than farming Rogues a lot of the time.

...but I stone PreDRAs a bit for SDRs.

Jsttu likes this.
  17. jlarimore

Yeah, I guess the fact that I am currently saving up for Odindra should tell you that I am not being highly selective about my MP purchases. (so I need to generate a bit more than the average player) I bought all of the other MP dragons and gentlemen because they are currently useful or I believe they will be of some use in the near future. And, I am sorta scraping the bottom of the barrel. "Why Odindra?" you might ask. I've always had a soft spot for Odindra because I think most players underrate the value of good subs and I think he is about to get his time in the sun.

18. CloudStrife

CloudStrife Well-Known Member

User ID:
    OdinDra is solid. I'd rock one on Kaede if I actually used her as a leader more than occasionally.

19. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Odindra looks fairly bad-ass, tbh. I'm pretty excited to play with future Vishnu, and I was thinking about Odin for bind clear, and then I was like, "Why not just spend these 300k mps I have sitting around and get something better?"

But then it seemed like inheriting on Ruel made more sense. And then someone brought up inheriting on Mathena.

Man, I want a Mathena.

20. CURIOUSCOMP

CURIOUSCOMP Flaccid Member

User ID:
    NA:300,485,211
    PADherder:
    link

i soooo agree with you. yet somehow i was able to farm linthia M+ on 1.5x exp a few weeks ago for over 6 hours straight... i guess the BMyr motivation at the time kept me going.... never gonna do that again though.