Am I the only one who probably will not get the white snek?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by foxwaffles, Jul 4, 2017.

1. foxwaffles

foxwaffles Weak to pretty boys

PADherder:
    link
    This is just a pointless rant for me to blow off some steam, but traveling back from Dallas, TX I thought I'd do some of the Blonde Jormungandr "Gift" dungeons. Having poor access to data plus limited battery meant I did all of them more or less blind, with my only knowledge coming from the fact that these bosses are mostly just beefed versions of themselves. I had no idea Zeus-Dios on F9 would be such a butt, etc. etc.

I ended up stoning once on floors 7, 8, and 9, but I justified it because of the latent rewards that I can't get otherwise because do I look like I've had time to clear, let alone farm, A3. Nope! Not with house closing, random !#*%^!#*$ popping up like a very sudden funeral (I am NOT trying to sound self-entitled, it was very important that I be there and I am very glad that I went, but it certainly threw a wrench in my plans since I was gone for nearly a week and my wedding is very soon), moving in and out of places over and over again and suddenly ALL THESE POSTS POP UP SAYING WOW LOOK AT ME I CLEARED THE WHITE SNEK I AM COMBO MASTAH and I barely eke my way through the last half of these and I just can't do F10

Like seriously between this forum and the PAD subreddit I think I just need to leave the Internet because I feel like such a combo-less idiot. My best attempt, I died on the bomb level because all the orbs ended up SO FREAKING FAR APART like how the hell am I supposed to bring them together when EVERY SINGLE COLOR is like on OPPOSITE COLUMNS OF THE BOARD like seriously a vertical disparity can be resolved with cascades but NOT THIS BS

Do I really just suck ass at this game? It feels like everyone has cleared it except me.

And what really stings is I really want Blondie Jorm too. Ugh.

Deft and jade like this.
  2. kiarahakura

kiarahakura One Piece Collab

User ID:
    311 462 320
    PADherder:
    link
    It's okay. At least you got to floor ten *pats shoulder*

Chartheblade and foxwaffles like this.
  3. wilk

wilk Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I agree...I've only managed to get to floor 5 so far...almost cleared it...but stumbled at the end...

For what it's worth I'm not very good with combos (read, I lack the patience for it). I can manage about 5 combos regularly.

foxwaffles likes this.
  4. LazarusPD

LazarusPD .

User ID:
    quit
    I will very likely be in the same boat as you.

Still on C9, will prob beat only to fail C10 epically.

If you want, I'd suggest asking people to help board solve so you get some more ideas. The PDX discord has a channel dedicated to that, so anything 8c and up you can have people help with. Then just practice the board repeatedly.

You can do it c:

foxwaffles likes this.
  5. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Yeah I'll probably solicit some help there....if I can even get past Blonde Jorm's move where he fogs out the leftmost column. That one's not a guarantee at all...

Ugh I'm just so frustrated need to blow off some steam.

6. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I'll trade him with you for a RagDra once the trading feature materializes

Vaedriel and foxwaffles like this.
  7. Noobzilla

Noobzilla noobest of the noobs

User ID:
    I'm a noob too :( I'm worried I wont get a white snek. It's a must for my Fenrir team.

8. xer 21

xer 21 Mathematically the Worst Player on the Forums

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    im not sure where you're seeing this. the only person i've seen on the forums post that they cleared F10 is @MagicMatcher and the majority of people are just flat out stuck on floors 4-7. Getting through 7, 8, and 9 with only single stones is not bad at all. this was a hard set. Floor 5 was already past C10 level for me in my opinion. and you cant co op them. I wouldnt feel bad about making it to the end at all, stones or not.

if its on reddit....well, that's a HUGE community. of course some people are gonna clear it. but thats not representative of anything.

even getting to the bomb level is an accomplishment. i know most people cant match 8 combos from the previous floor in 8 seconds reliably with no skyfall.

no, you dont suck ass at the game, and im in the same boat as you. there's a coming OSC that gives him as a reward.

ko300zx and foxwaffles like this.
  9. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    I should've screenshotted it but I swear at one point there were like 9 or 10 posts in a row that sounded something like "[Accomplishment] Got my snek!" and me being the overly dramatic, illogical person I am, I ignored everything I learned about heuristics, media perception/exaggeration, and the actual number of downloads of PAD NA (quite a few million at this point), and proceeded to slam my head into a wall as I failed F10 4 times in a row, and only once actually got to the bomb floor (the other three times I died on the left column obscure).

But then I remembered we have a "Rants and Accomplishment" section here and so if reddit is gonna celebrate their accomplishments I'm just gonna drop by and rant

Feeling much better now and will probably solicit some help tomorrow for the Bomb floor if I can get to it C:

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm considering taking my 3 py dungeons and quitting the labyrinth now.

If I attempt F4 at all, it will only be to finally slap together a dark wisdom king team and throw it against all those resolve bosses.

Of course, I'm in semi-casual mode, ignoring PAD in favor of wandering Hyrule on my Switch. Got to get the most out of my $400 Zelda machine.

foxwaffles likes this.
  11. PDF3

PDF3 Well-Known Member

You can just use Kagu and pair him with Shiva Dragon (or some other decent Red leader). That's what I did, and it works because the enemies have low HP. Just remember to pop an active when facing Blue foes.

12. Zaku

Zaku Delete Kirin off your friendlists

PADherder:
    link
    I'm still stuck on level 9 so you're already ahead of me :C

puñal and foxwaffles like this.
  13. Lunatic

Lunatic PaD_n00b

User ID:
    Lunatic
    Stoned twice on 8 because my shield still didn't save me on dios and I messed up, stoned once on 9 because I forgot to put up my second shield on Loki

Proceeded to complete 10 on the first try through sheer luck (the cloud board had 3 lights on the top, bomb board was like 55 moves or so)

Freddyfudrucker and foxwaffles like this.
  14. Hashtag

Hashtag Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I cleared the first two with Fujin, unfinished doge team'd floor 3, looked at the padx for floor 4 and just said no. Seems like you're projecting the skill level of some forum members or streamers onto the player base in general. While I'm sure most people are likely a lot better at this game than I am, I think you're dramatically overestimating the percent of people that are even passing floor 5.

Firenmage and foxwaffles like this.
  15. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I don't think I can even beat C9 without blowing all of my stones so I'm gonna stop there. I'll wait for the OSC when we got another chance to get yellow snake.

16. awkward.fistbumps

awkward.fistbumps semi-retired from pad. Full stam most days

PADherder:
    link
    If you've managed to get to floor 10 you're already ahead of most players and that is a great accomplishment. Dont be too hard on yourself.

17. Expagel

Expagel Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Took me 4 tries to clear F4 (Settled on MeriXJulie for the ultimate damage control tank, but it was slow going), and I stoned F5 because DIza is a pain and I had gotten past her resolve with a Haku/Dath/Facet killshot lined up. If I can do 6 somehow I'll be thrilled, and don't expect to get much further. All this to say, just getting to F10 is a big accomplishment.

foxwaffles likes this.
  18. ArmedNun

ArmedNun Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Don't feel bad at all. I too hoped for the snek, since the gold dragon refuses to give me a Viz (but has no problem with regular Fenrir's). I have made it to C7 but can't seem to beat it and have given up before I am tempted to put a head sized hole in a wall.

foxwaffles likes this.
  19. foxwaffles

PADherder:
    link
    Thanks everyone C: I almost feel bad for my earlier rant, I was unintentionally making assumptions about every one of you here who responded and more. But I needed to just stomp around and scream a bit

Here's to another day of white snek attempts.... or should I save stamina for the TAMADRA guerilla...

20. ambiguous57

ambiguous57 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Nope I'm in the same boat.

I did pretty well up on 1-8. Then 9 was an absolute nightmare. Tried Anubis and mostly cruised up to the final floor and then hitting a brick wall. Decided he was overkill and then made the mistake of trying a variety of other leads. After wasting a lot of stamina there, I went back to Anubis and got it after a couple more tries.

C10 though.....I have spent way more stamina on that than I would like to admit :-(. I've hit the bomb floor maybe 5-6 times and then the final floor only once. I was only two positions away from clearing in before I ran out of time. Decided I would at least try it until I hit the final floor one more time but then, after dying on the bomb floor several times, I decided to just give up entirely.

foxwaffles likes this.