Amen

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by toadashi, Aug 12, 2019.

1. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

So I bought Amen to take down August Floor 9 which was pretty easy. Now I want to use him to take down the new Training Arena. I have the subs with three color board changes and haste to do it but I just can't get 7c and leave the orbs consistently. I have been practicing in Endless and getting a little better but I was hoping someone had some advice or tricks or boards diagrams or something. Thanks for any help.

2. axlpowa

axlpowa Well-Known Member

User ID:
    With tricolor, there are no set patterns per say, but it's still relatively the same solves all the time. Pick a color you have ~10, make a Row at the top, a blob with the rest at bot and then you need to do 5 combos in the middle.

There are 6 columns so you'll need to make sure to not make 6, so you'll have to make 2 columns of 1 color.

Typical Meimei solve could look something like this: https://pad.dawnglare.com/?s=WHEPAS0

You kind of have to count orbs and not make accidental blobs, but you'll get the hang of it. It's not as brainless as bicolors, but it's manageable. BTW, if you run Amen(Nemain equip), please be my friend :)

3. toadashi

toadashi One True Goat

I have Nemain but haven't touched her at all. By equip you mean the Sword version with all the ATK+ right? Does it help with Training Arena?

4. axlpowa

User ID:
    Yes it is, it does not need to be the equip form, you at least need the skill for the def break and +2 haste if you go that route, but the equip form gives +600 ATK, so why not. I went the lazy/no investment route with Celestial Gods (lv.99, no latents) so I guess every bit of damage might help. My BF does not have the equip form and it works, but I would do the equip if I was running it.

For what it's worth, that's my setup, from my last run yesterday (leveling Tifa). Basically just spam tricolor boards:

You can see I stalled three turns, it's because I changed from a bicolor 3 haste to a tricolor 1 haste and was not sure my skills would be up (It was fine, no stalling required).

Normally Nemain would be on the leveling card and a bicolor+2haste on Amen, but since I don't have Nemain, I have to run it like that. It makes it so that I can probably not level high cooldown card...

Tamadra killer equip is not required, just there because I put it there the first time "just in case".

Valk Ciel equip could be Hakuryu card and I'm pretty sure is needed depending on what card you are leveling, unless you have Dragon/Balanced killers on a card.

Devil killers on one card is recommended if you want to be 100% independant of your leveling sub.

5. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    IMO, Amen is the most enjoyable lead in PAD. Challenging, but very doable and rewarding. In particular, Amen is amazing for the new training arena because you can level 4 subs at a time (as long as you pick a few with some decent attack awakenings and/or inherits)

While I think the above tri-color board advice is good to begin with, you really should learn to activate Amen off of a natural board.

The guide I would use for a beginner is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PuzzleAndD...uide_activating_amun_almost_always_the_dacho/

6. axlpowa

User ID:
    You could level 4 subs at a time, but it's slower since solving bicolor/tricolor will always be faster. There are no benefits to bringing a "normal team" except... practice? Also, although not very likely, but getting <3 orbs of 2 colors is a sure death unless you have a huge shield.

Amen is fun indeed, but a 99 stamina insta-death dungeon is not necessarily the best place to learn IMHO. To each his own though.

7. JG77

JG77 Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Agreed that I wouldn't practice in the new training arena, but with a some practice, Amen is incredibly stable there with a wide assortment of subs. I've run that dungeon 25+ times this week, and haven't lost once.

It's extremely rare you get <3 orbs of 2 colors (maybe once every other run), and Amen himself solves a number of those issues with his active (on a short recyclable cooldown). If some of the subs you are trying to level up have some kind of orb change actives, that can help too.