And the Medal goes to......

Discussion in 'Forum News & Announcements' started by Yosti, May 25, 2016.

1. Yosti

Yosti Awoken Dancing King Staff Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Dear all,

For a while now, we have implemented a new medal system on the forum. A lot of you have already received medals but we have also noticed that many of you have questions about them and are confused about criteria for obtaining them. Well, good news: this thread is specifically meant to explain all that you ever wanted to know about these medals. :)

Let's round up the medals that are available:

Most "Liked"
    This medal is award to anyone who has received at least 1.000 likes.

Highly Ranked
    This medal is awarded to anyone who has reached Rank 500. This medal is quite accessible as rank 500 has become easier to reach with all the Extreme King Metal Tamadra events and the new Monday dungeon. Still, we also want at least one medal to be accessible to newer members as well, so that everyone has perspective on gaining a medal. :)

Event Winner
    This medal is awarded to anyone who was won an official event on this forum, that is, an event that was officially approved and posted by any of the Event Managers.

Guide Author
    This medal is awarded to forum members who have created an approved guide. In other words: those who have compiled a guide that has been approved by the mod team and has been placed to the regular Team Guide Section (i.e., not the Under Evaluation section).

In order to obtain either of these four medals, please notify me and/or any of the other staff members. We cannot possibly track each and every member's progress towards these medals so we need your help in pointing this out. So, if you have written an approved guide or won an event, let me know. If you have passed rank 500 and/or 1.000 likes, let me know. In case of reaching Rank 500, please either send a PM with a screen shot of your rank OR post that screenshot in any Win thread here on the forum and then tag me or any of the other mods in that post so that we are alerted to it.

This leaves one final medal. This is a special one that cannot be obtained in any predefined way but which is handed out regularly by the staff team. Of course we are talking about the medal for being a......

VIP Member
    This medal is handed by the mod team to members who have shown that they have been a significant contributor who has helped the forum move forward. Every now and then, we - the mod team - talk about potential candidates for receiving this medal and then we nominate members. Based on the nominations, we come up with anywhere between 1-3 nominated members that will receive the VIP medal. Each time this happens, we will add those members to this thread so that everyone on the forum knows who the "lucky ones" are. :) Below, I will compile a list of those who have received this medal.

NEW VIP MEMBERS MAY 2016

(1) @Seb
    Seb has been a valuable and active member primarily in the EU section of the forum for a long time now. His most notable accomplishment has been the excellent guide to writing signatures, which has been used by MANY members ever since it was published here. With his help, many of us have improved our signatures, which, quite honestly, has made the forum look a lot better than before!

(2) @sunglassesmichael
    Quantity does not always say much but the incredible postcount of over 31.000 (!) messages shows how commited SGM is to our community. Especially combined with his impressive 3.300+ Like count. Moreover, the Google spreadsheets for recording rolls have been very helpful to a lot of members here.

(3) @Reni
    Another longtime member of our forum who has been contributing in all kinds of different sections of the forum. Her art emoticons have been a true improvement to the forum. In addition, the ratio of having almost 3.000 Likes in 1.300 posts shows how much appreciation we all have for her contributions.

Congratulations to you three for being the first group - outside of the mod team because we DO like to abuse our power for our own purposes of course - to receive the VIP medal!

2. sunglassesmichael

sunglassesmichael Ruka button is OP

User ID:
    NA: 371,153,246
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh. Wow! Thanks.

Now I have more pressure to get caught up and continue my blog thread since I'm known for my post count! :D

(Now over 2 months behind. :dead: )

:p

Every time I think I'll sit down and chip away at it, I end up farming more dungeons or playing Shiro instead.... :eek:

One of these days I'll finally catch up.... :oops:

Oh, I suppose I could mention that I'm rank 535 as well, as far as that goes. :p

David@PF, RageSedai, Reni and 2 others like this.
  3. HowardC

HowardC Big Spender

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @Yosti, where is my whale medal?! :(

*A44 and Marioman95 like this.
  4. Gargoyle242

Gargoyle242 Cunnin' Linguist

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I reached rank 500 3 ranks ago and I haven't received a medal.

5. Yosti

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Please read the above explanation about how to obtain it. ;) This thread is not meant for everyone to ask for medals, rather you can either send us a screenshot of your rank or post it in a Win thread and tag me/us.

Gargoyle242 likes this.
  6. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, oops. I totally overlooked that paragraph in the middle. Sorry. :sorry:

7. Seb

Seb Coolest Kid in the Room

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yay, shiny medal! Thanks @Yosti and other mods!

I've been having thoughts about how to further spruce up signatures with latents and now skill inheritance. Now I feel obligated to actually follow up and add to the guide.

8. Yosti

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Show me the receipts :p

9. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

As a heads up to any guide writers stuck in "Under Evaluation" - we're currently discussing some changes to the guides section that hopefully should make this medal more obtainable; historically we have been rather untimely about approving guides and we're looking to try to make some adjustments going forward.

10. Xeric

Xeric Tamadra fiend

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm half tempted/afraid to dig up all my purchases and show you just to earn the admiration/shame of the forum. What's your cutoff for whale-hood? :p

11. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Doesn't @kumomo put it at $10k or something? :p

David@PF, dms1485 and Xeric like this.
  12. Xeric

Xeric Tamadra fiend

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Jesus bu**f****** **rist on a crutch!!!!

I've never considered, or want to consider, myself among the Cetacean family... But that is just obscene!

13. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Where do you set your rank on the forum?

14. ronmoho

ronmoho Well-Known Member

Nah, you can't. You can however get a fancy medal for this forum from reaching rank 500.

15. Dunamos

Dunamos Just zis guy, you know?

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    If you wanted to, you could put it in your Profile, under "Personal Details" the "Custom Title" appears below your name on the left edge, to replace the stock "Well-Known Member".

Raizel likes this.
  16. Joshsp1985

Joshsp1985 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Oh it's a forum rank? I thought it was to ID users that have a high PAD rank. Where do you see your forum rank?

17. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    No, it's your PAD rank.

18. Flandre

Flandre Scarlet Devil Staff Member

It's your PAD rank, you can post a screenshot in one of the brag threads in R&A and tag one of the mods, or you can PM a screenshot showing your rank to a mod.

David@PF and Marioman95 like this.
  19. ainvar

ainvar Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have 1000 likes and am rank 642--what do I do to get my medals?

20. sunglassesmichael

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I feel a slightly less bad about somehow missing this paragraph as more people seem to do the same. :p

@ainvar

Yosti and ainvar like this.