Anime collecting card game IOS-Android (soccer spirits)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Krehan, May 17, 2015.

1. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Soccer Spirits Intro Q/A

1) What makes Soccer Spirits worth playing?

- The game itself is pretty different from other games I've tried so it's not a repeat of PAD but similar in how they're both a "collect monsters" game. There is a sort of PVP component to the game but it's not realtime, you're pit against other player's teams that are controlled by AI. There's basic commands like "shoot", "block", "pass" etc. and it's a fairly engaging game. The art for the players are pretty well done, a huge step up from PAD art (though pad art has it's own appeal) the females blow PAD fanservice (lawl beach rem) out of the water. #justguythings

Another thing I found interesting about ss is that the characters have their own stories and "chains" relating them to other characters, plus they have their own voices (can be turned on/off in options) giving each character their own personality.

2) Do I have to iap to be successful in this game?

- Not really, like PAD and other mobile games, iap only speeds up the process. But at the same time, you play games to progress, so why cut out the fun? The company also gives out high rarity players as compensation during instances like major updates and other daily handouts that makes PAD's daily magic stones during events pale in comparison. Not saying pad sucks, but like...if you can live off as non iap in PAD, you'll definitely manage as non iap in this game.

[​IMG]

free stuff, got like 4 free 5 stars on their last major update, see in the back "compensation" and "maintenance" etc.

3) How are the rates of rare monsters in this game, are they difficult to get?

- The game has 4 relevant rarities: 3 stars, 4 stars, 5 stars, and 6 stars. 3 stars have like a 70% chance to drop in "rem", 4 stars have a 25% chance, 5-6 stars have a 5% chance

^ so this might be off putting first off but there's 2 systems that pretty much nullify any concerns with obtaining highly desired players (this is not counting handouts or high end player achievement rewards)

On reaching rank 30 you get a free 6 star, think of how you get memorial rem at rank 150 except it spat out 6 stars

The first way is by guaranteed draw, a draw costs 30 crystals (note, the ratio between magic stones to crystals imo is like 5 crystals to 1 magic stone, since clearing things usually gives you 5 crystals). Also the game has a 10+1 draw system, 11 draws for the price of 10, the extra draw counts toward the guaranteed draw system too.

Anyways guaranteed draw, in the unfortunate event you have rolled nothing but 3-4* shit in 43 draws cumulatively (as in not in one sitting) your 44th draw is guaranteed as a 5-6*. The moment you get that 5-6* the guaranteed draw resets again (ex. if you did a 10+1 and got a 5-6* halfway the draw counter resets at that point and your remaining shit rolls will start charging up the guaranteed draw counter).

Pray to god you don't have to think about this though since it means you rolled shit 43 times. But hey, this beats gungho rem where you don't even have a fall back like this.

[​IMG]

- Second way is by GP and Scouts

Basically gp is currency like gold/coins and crystals/magic stones, it works the same way as PAD's newly acquired mp system but better.

GP can be acquired pretty much by just playing the game, you can get it from pvp, achievements, and selling 3 star players or higher (can pad sell star and silver eggs for mp? not sure).

In a sense, with gp you can purchase players 3-6*s on the scouts tab, 5 slots that you can refresh every 2 hours for free or for 15k gold. It's like a rotating luck based store, 5* appearances are pretty reliable which lets you cherry pick wanted players and buy them with your earned gp (though it's rng who shows up with each refresh).

ex. I didn't buy her and regretted that decision for quite some time

[​IMG]

Plz no

[​IMG]

4) How much time do I have to devote to this game to progress?

- The game has a stamina system similar to pad but also has battle balls (for pvp) and bp (for pve). Overall, you can go hardcore and not waste stamina or just go casual. YOU SET YOUR OWN PACE.

5) What is the plot of the game?

- Depends on what you mean by "plot"

fuck yes

[​IMG]

A big thanks for icebarrier who made this intro.

Chibi

https://m.imgur.com/a/16fhY

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  2. terumokou

terumokou Pitiable Illegally Dumped Object

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I lost my interest when they killed my dark team. As in, my only team.

At least till they get buffed again.

3. 23airness

23airness Member

I play this a lot. add me if you want ign: pwn

Krehan likes this.
  4. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Teru, u should log in. Everyone gets a free legendary draw to celebrate 1 year of SS.

you might get Metatron or Jin lmao.

I add me pwn, "soyelcuco"

5. terumokou

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I got Duke. Which does nothing much for me until I can form a team around him, Mikael, and Silla.

I need a freaking Goalkeeper. Been stuck with Mute for way too long.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  6. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Dark teams are more like dual sub material now, since their 2 strongest defensive members Zibroi and Avnore were nerfed to obvlion with weather patch.

Best team comp now is Dark/Fire (Niarose) or Dark/wind (Saramir)

And yea..get a better gk, if u are not going to play then at least log in daily and refresh scout, pretty sure you'll get a good goal keeper sooner or later

7. terumokou

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    That's what I plan on doing now. If I'm gonna play regularly, at least I'm gonna get some loot. Who knows, if I draw Hiro, I could make that one hybrid Ardor/Light team. Just need him, Yuri (totem love), a goalkeeper, and probably some other sub.

Krehan likes this.
  8. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Well, tbf duke is still among the best (if not the best) attackers of the game, Khirel might challenge that title but he has very low reflex and its not as stable as duke.

Get yourself a light/fire team and watch duke steamroll

9. mizu

mizu Member

I quit like five months ago since it felt my mono-Ardor was complete garbage compared to other colors. Are they any good yet?

Krehan likes this.
  10. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

hey mizu! theres a returner package that includes 2 5 stars gift and like 500 free crystals for players that return.

Ardor is now considered one of the strongest elements lmao, u dont need to use littres to extreme evolve anymore and it has some of the most powerful and versatile dual ace team combinations (Lia, Niarose, Sammy).

Thunder is the garbage element now, closely followed by the brutally nerfed Dark.

Also sharr got 7* form and Bora got buffed (and will get ANOTHER buff in the next update according rumours), also Ardor now has some of the most godly buffers of the game like Yuri, Kevin, Victoria.

They are not the slouch element you left 5 months ago.

I suggest you come back to at least grab the free legend, since it will only last for a week or more.

Im using dual fire/ww team myself and i swear its the most powerful combination aside..maybe light/dark.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2015
    mizu likes this.
  11. mizu

mizu Member

Thanks for the advice.

Logged in and got Khirel. Is there no more scouting? The button was replaced by club or something. Never mind. I'm bad.

Might just make a new account to start fresh and figure out how the game works now. Hopefully it is not as easy as before to get a great team.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    Krehan likes this.
  12. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

Khirel is actually one of the best attackers now, he fights toe to toe with duke. Imo, u dont need to reroll at all, any other legend with the exception of maybe Metatron are no better than him.

If you ever want to go whirlwind/Ardor then Khirel is a key piece, they buffed him so but so much that he went from rank "welp, its khirel" to "omfg, im facing khirel"

why?
    passive 1: Increases critical 60% upon attack (?)
    passive 2: increases received dmg 70% to opponent upon attack (!?)
    passive 3: Increases attack and critical damage of WHOLE team regardless of element by 25% (...)
    Ace: 25% atk+ to any team
    Active at max: huge increase of dmg and refills action bar (meaning you get to attack twice at max skill) at half spirit bar.
    He's only weakness is low reflex, but that is solved putting him in an ardor ww team with victoria (40% reflex buff), linmay (30% reflex buff) and getting him counter attack stones, with 2 good counter attack stones then he is basically inmune to counter attacks (his only real weakness).

He's so powerful as an attacker that in a 1 vs 1 against duke, usually the first one that moves kills the other, since both usually overkills their victims with straight 1k+ penetrations blows (with very rare exceptions as surivivors).

You just need to get Lia (available through scout) for ardor/ww hp atk+30% ace.

Oh, there is a "new" ardor gk now, Lucian.

He is actually pretty good for a GK, much better than Erica since he's basically a fire version mini Jin (available through scout too) and Lucius and Yuri got 7 form too now.

Pd: Lia is the one i attached in screenshot, ur priority n1 now is to get her or Lucian (top ardor Gk).

ur team is very solid..its a waste to restart.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
  13. terumokou

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Sometimes I wish I had the funds to gather a whole lot of them Dimension Stones/Whale Stones. Easier time to get a GK.

Krehan likes this.
  14. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

you get 8 free dimension stones each time you finish a whole character chain story.

That includes 2-3-4 star characters.

terumokou likes this.
  15. Marioman95

Marioman95 AKA YoshiFarmz

User ID:
    A football game?
    But football sux :p (my opinion)

16. terumokou

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    As in all 4?

17. Aladar

Aladar Active Member

Need to complete all 4 chain storys from character log...grindy but you can get 800 stones if you clear 100 players LOL.

Also this game is techinically about soccer...and tbh i dont like soccer, but Im really enjoying thsi game cuz it involves strategy rpg and stuff.

18. terumokou

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Apparently the Skin System from last April Fools wasn't a joke. Which is good because it's still weird to use Sage.

My vote goes to Victoria and Sammy.

19. Krehan

Krehan Well-Known Member

i voted Neraziel..

too bad no males were involved..would be pretty interested to see Baltheon as a girl or Mikael.

20. jakko

jakko Combo noobster

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Is it down? Keep getting hive is down message