Anime collecting card game IOS-Android (soccer spirits)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Krehan, May 17, 2015.

1. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Smelly fruitman (Durian) debuffs pen, crit dmg, and atk power while also giving hp, crit res, and def.

Aiolos heals, gives slight boost to AB, and atk power periodically. She gives crit res and adds crit rate. She also hurts enemy AB and removes buffs.

On first glance, Duran looks like the obvious choice. Having said that, Aiolos does lots of little things that add up. For example, if the first 12 minutes of the match is in your front and midlines, Duran is doing nothing. Aiolos is adding to your backline's power as well as slowly increasing the your backline's AB (up to 80%).

Once the match is in the backline, Duran helps keep your GK alive while Aiolos is more focused on pushing the ball out of the line.

The question you need to consider is this- does your team have issues getting the ball out? Does your GK have significant issues surviving more than one shot? Some food for thought. :)

---
    I have a slight issue at the moment - I am wondering if using Grandeur would be best for my backline (Nikita, Butt-chan, and Jiho), partly because she adds to my crit res, partly because she has chain with Evylin and is in Shanti and Evylin's chains. If I do commit to Grandeur, then I am looking at Serestia or Shu if I opt for LG pick.

2. scrubbo

scrubbo Have you ever punched a donkey? Event Manager

User ID:
    I've never run Jin myself very seriously as I got Angela not long after him, but I ran him with PoME for awhile. Healing is what he really needs, and Aiolos is good, but protection from the red strikers is also needed, and Durian helps a bit with that...(but you already have Magnus) Although what REALLY kills him is Sharr, because she doesn't care about Pen, she just deals insane damage to green GKs. Sure, the first shot bounces off his shield, but after that she's brutal.

For pen strikers, 30% DR plus another 20% (PoME) didn't really help since they can hit 100% pen (which removed 50% of my DR, which was 50% so zeroed out if I'm understanding it correctly)... but the crit resistance is nice. The CR plus Crit rate reduction made it so I RARELY got critted against, though, which was nice. DM gives you 25% pen resistance, which gives them a 75% pen, or a reduction of 37.5% in your Damage resistance, which wipes out your existing reduction. Adding Durian into the situation, however, gives you another 25% reduction, which brings them down to 50% max pen, or 25% removed from your Damage Reduction. That means DM plus Durian means you will ALWAYS have SOME DR. 5% on normal shots (plus any extra from sub attributes on stones and other defensive players) Active block (70) plus your base DR (30) -25% = 75% DR on active shots from Pen strikers. If you have PoME, your active block total is 130%, reduced by 75%/2, or 37.5%, which gives you 90% DR for that shot, but none under normal shot situations. (I could be wrong at it tops out at 100% DR for the calculations, making your DR be 62.5% on active shots plus stone sub attributes)

For non pen strikers, DM is fairly useless, and PoME is not. I would start with PoME and see how it goes. With Magnus, you're protected from the most common pen strikers a bit. If you have both Aiolos and Duran, they'd give you a grotesque backline that just heals up Khirel and shoves him down everyone's throat. But if you're running 4 front, I'd try out Aiolos to get the ball out of there faster and help recover Jin's (and Khirel's) HP. If you have to buy one, don't... try out the one you have first. If you have to buy both... man....... If you want I can try and put together the same backline for you to play against to see how it goes.... and swap in Aiolos and Durian.

3. Ginka

Ginka Just one more roll....!

Yeah, there's only so much theorycrafting that we can do. I was wanting to lean towards Aiolos, but now I'm not sure since LG pick tickets don't happen often. For all the work put into Jin, may just use BT for better results.

See that's the thing. Sharr rips my backline to pieces anyways, since I'm running green. Usually Sharr just OHKO's my BT. I haven't seen Sharr much lately, but there's the occasional Willomps that sneeze at BT and it's red screen. With those games in mind, I was hoping to just have Jin eat a shot, and drive the ball back to Kirin asap with Khirel, and Aiolos helps with that. Kirin usually gets the job done in 2 shots, and the ball rarely leaves the front line. Getting closer to scouting Jade Rakasha and she's packs a punch for my front line.

Against those strikers, that kill me, I believe BT and Jin are in the same boat. Running 3 back, I won't survive more than 3 shots regardless. It's how to best make sure the ball gets back to Kirin. I don't have Aiolos or Durian... so it's hard for me to test anything. It looks like the safest bet would be to drop Jin, and pick up Baltheon, since I can farm Aslan or Granduer as they are "free" players, instead of risking my LG pick ticket making Jin work. I mean Durian is just the safest bet overall if I had to stick mono.

4. scrubbo

User ID:
    In my experience running Sharr, BT was tougher than Jin. Jin was almost always a two shot. One to get the active out, and the other would finish him. BT was usually three shots. The first would knock her down under her threshold, but then her line would pass around and heal her back up. Second shot would knock her into the red, and I would suicide or steal and finish her off on the next shot. Not sure how she holds up against williams... depends on the build, I bet. Duran is great mono green AND rainbow. Aiolos is very interesting, but if you're going BT, you don't need her healing as much because of pass heals, but her heal WOULD top you off after you got the ball of the back line and up to your front. It's a tough call to make.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. terumokou

terumokou Pitiable Illegally Dumped Object

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can attest to BT tanking about three shots.

6. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    yay retained position
    [​IMG]

nads likes this.
  7. 0never

0never Retired!

That's not correct.
    • 100% pen will reduce whatever DR you currently have by half, rather than subtracting 50%. So if you have 80% DR, 100% pen will reduce that to 40%.... which actually makes you do 3x as much damage, because 0.6/0.2=3. While on a target with only 30% DR, pen will reduce that to 15%, and only increase your damage by 0.85/0.7=1.214x.
    • DR (and DI, which is just negative DR) stacks multiplicatively with diminishing returns. 60% DR + 60% DR is not 120% DR. It's 1-(1-0.6)*(1-0.6)=84% DR.
    • Also if you have 50% DR and they have 50% DI, it doesn't cancel out, but you end up with 1-(1-0.5)*(1+0.5)=0.25=25% DR instead. You will need 100% DI to cancel out 50% DR, and you will need 300% DI to cancel out 75% DR.
    • As you can see, pen is amazing vs high DR GKs, but does little against low DR GKs. DI is the other way around. (Except low DR GKs take a lot of damage by default, so despite your pen being nearly useless, you still do a lot of damage anyway).

BB doesn't really properly explain any of that stuff though. So I bet like 80% of reddit doesn't know how everything works either.

You know what's even more ridiculous?
    - Sharr's Pulverize is DI.
    - The 50% from Flaming Storm is pseudo-cdmg (crit dmg that doesn't need you to crit).
    - The 25% vs dark/ww is true damage increase (no interaction with pen unlike normal DI).
    1 striker 3 different effects. I bet 99% of reddit doesn't know about this one.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  8. scrubbo

User ID:
    Thanks! I was pretty sure my explanation was too simplistic. :)

I would assume pen resistence is the same way, 30% and 20% for Duran and DM reduce 100% pen to 56% pen and not to 50%.

9. 0never

0never Retired!

Pen stacking is just flat addition actually. So DM+Duran does actually reduce pen to 50%. Only DR has multiplicative stacking, everything else is additive.

And defense works using this stange formula.
    damage reduction from def = def / (def + 700) * 0.9

Here's a thread on how some of the maths in SS works. https://www.reddit.com/r/soccerspirits/comments/3d3421/math_damage_formula_calculator/

Here's EXACTLY how stuff works, courtesy of the guy who made ssherder.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. scrubbo

User ID:
    Niiiiice! Thanks Onever!

11. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    nooooo

its too early for code

i cant look at that

it brings back memories of work and work

----------------------

bought lucy with 300ds not as much of an increase as i expected but i did notice some slight changes

10 more ds till i buy beatrice skin then i can chill

12. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Has the LG pick ticket always come with crystals and dstones? I don't think it did...

E: the banner I'm looking at also mentions getting 1.1k crystals and 110 dstones

13. Ginka

The current 3rd anni LG pick ticket right now? It's always had the crystals and DStones from day 1. I was debating on getting that and an expert pack for more DStones since they reset the beginner/medium/expert packs but I think I'll wait. Two lg skins would be nice, but I'll wait for another p2p manager.

14. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    Oh, okay. I was about to flip. Not to say that I bought anything or anything...

Considering dropping Victoria for Serestia, meaning I would have a mono dark (heavy debuff- Serestia/Meta/Alice) line. Does reflex debuff have a cap? I know AS is effective up to 50% and atk debuff is highest negative value in line.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  15. Ginka

Uh like wtf... looking at some of these chains. Swimsuit Qiyou has only come 1 time a year? The SS wiki lists roughly 9 months per appearance... So basically if anything with a special card comes I should just buckle down and get it for chains purposes... gah

16. Ginka

@nads Unfortunantely I don't know anything about mechanics.

I think I've settled on getting Duran. Mostly because I have no good rainbow aces anyways for PVE outside of Silla and Duran is the safer pick with multipurpose. Rip Boobeon.

17. Ginka

Quick question guys, for chains do multiple people apply the same bonus? Or is it just once per set?

E.G. For BT she has VB, P.meiran , Jade Rakasha as a chain. If you have all 3 on your team is it HP +20% once or 3 times.

18. nads

nads #rage

User ID:
    It applies once. If you're using BT, VB, and PM, BT will get a 20% HP boost. If you just use BT and PM, same boost.

19. Ginka

Thanks. My hopes of super stacking BT are crushed.

20. icebarrier

icebarrier ~(=w=)~

PADherder:
    link
    u can still do it with like ivy, alice, seres, silk, duran, ebm, bt has the best slots for cr stacking
    its mainly a matter of like making sure you dont take so much damage early on

cause mono thunder comes in at like 3 minutes ready to go before your stacks are online
    and if your bt isnt even at >51% afterwards and you got no way to bring yourself back up then all that cr stacking wont do much