Another "should I trade for Yusuke" post

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Argly902, May 15, 2018.

1. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Rolled a second Baldin last godfest. The things I can (but not necessarily want to) trade are as follows:

2 Scheat, 2 Baldin, 2 ROdin, 1 DKali, Raizen, Ryune, Typhon, DMeta

As for subs I have for Yusuke, I have Tachibana and Amatsu, Odindra, and idk what would go in the last spot, maybe BCotton or something like that.

I don't really want to get rid of either Scheat considering I do use them on Lakshmi (due to Makaan Lotus tbh). I don't even have either Baldin evolved, but I do have Rikku (technically have all the gemstone actives, Distel, and Kanna to replace him). Maybe I could part with both of them, despite risking him getting some OP mega awoken in the future. Don't care much about Raizen. His skill and awakens are fairly nice, but I have FUA options and I'm missing lots of pieces for farming teams.

definitely won't trade my only Ryune/DKali. Only one Typhon, haven't used him in forever, but his board change might come in handy someday, or awoken evo. Don't really want to trade DMeta, due to sentimental attachment and she's in line for awoken.

So basically, trading options are Raizen, up to 2 baldin, up to one Scheat and ROdin, and maaaaybe Typhon. What should I do?

Might be worth noting I still don't have a fujin active, so that kinda sucks, maybe hiko or blujin will be better trades. My current leaders are Anublos, Blonia, Gronia, Iori Yagami, Ilmina, and Balthier. What trades would you all consider?

2. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Go with scheat baldin raizen rodin if you really want him. Raizen sucks and this way you keep at least one of the gfe. However as you said trading for a fujin active might be better. You have blonia, gronia and anublos so it's not like you lack meta leaders

3. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Hiko has the same trading Post options as Yusuke and his active is useful even if the annoying absorb monster doesn't show.
    And yeah you have great subs for Yusuke.
    Amatsu, Odindra, and Tachibana should be your core then the last spot should be something to help you spawn lights for VDP. Viz with a pixel Lightning inherit isn't bad. Apollo makes RCV stupid easy. Lots of options. You just want a +2 combo active somewhere so you can an reliably VDP when you need to.

4. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Now the real question is, is it worth having a SS tier lead with a pretty luxurious team, at the risk of him being irrelevant in the near future, or grab a fujin active, which definitely increases QoL, but leaves me with the leads I have right now. Or have neither and count on Baldin becoming OP

5. Efreet

Efreet Well-Known Member

User ID:
    302 818 310
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm in a similar situation (with less dupe stuff) and went for the trade and the reason is actually pretty simple, on top of being an insanely powerful leader (and hard to powercreep if we want to speculate about the future) he's also a balance type (dual) 7c VDP sub.
    He's so insane that you can actually kill stuff with the sub attribute.
    I would also go with sheat, baldin, riazen , rodin.
    Replace sheat with thypoon or dmeta if you value them higher.

6. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Yusuke won't be irrelevant for a long while, but like every lead, at some point it happens. The more relevant risk is something being buffed/receiving an evo in the near future that is comparably strong. Do you give up something now for the guarantee of a strong lead, or do you hold out and hope something you own becomes strong as well without having to sacrifice good cards.

I think people are going to give up way too much for him, but to each their own. If you have multiple leads in the top few tiers, you can beat anything in PAD at the moment. If you struggle with what you have, maybe he's the boost you need. Gotta evaluate more than just your box. That's what makes it tough to give suggestions on whether someone should buy.

iddybat likes this.
  7. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Idly rolling for more diamonds to trade, and ran across Yusuke in the process, so I guess the debate is up

Thanks for the help anyways, this whole ordeal was certainly thought provoking (and I now have stuff to trade for hiko/blujin lol)

8. bookwyrm

bookwyrm Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I too am wondering if I should take the plunge for Yusuke. I have two Typhon, two Scheat, two Sherias Roots, and two Raijin, along with one each of Rodin, Blodin, DKali, Eschamali, and Baldin, so I could make the trade if I wanted. There's just a few problems. First, I don't have more than two of any of the required GFEs, and some of them I have use for the dupes (I run L/R Roots as a sub on L/D Roots' team, and have both Raijin as inherits). Second, I don't have many of Yusuke's key subs, so I don't know if I'd be able to make a team that's any better than, say, my Gronia team with a near-perfect lineup. And finally, if I trade for Yusuke I might not have the GFEs to trade for a future rare monster; I still have no Fujin active, so if a monster such as Hiko or Uruka becomes available later on I might want it. All this makes me think I'm better off holding off on Yusuke, but I'd be interested in a second opinion.

9. Argly902

Argly902 DALTON

PADherder:
    link
    Basically, if you don't have good light 7c subs (Ideal, Amatsu, tachibana, cotton, dupe Yusuke) then you'll be better off sticking to Gronia probably