Any reason I shouldn’t buy two Kuroyuris and make a Noir team?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by MisterDrgn, Jan 16, 2019.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    I mean, aside from the major difficulty of finding Noir friends.

I could also use them on B&J, though I’m pretty happy with my current B&J setup.

2. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ...i take it you like kuro then? is it worth picking one up?

YamaKyu likes this.
  3. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    One is iffy, but two together are very strong on 4x HP teams.

4. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Double Kuroyuri seems very useful on Noir team since you'd want to stall a lot waiting for dark orbs...

Other than that, I don't see why you'd want to play Noir instead of... D.Cotton or D.Ney for example (if you have them). 9 dark orbs for 144x multiplier isn't exactly great these days. Perhaps it's the reason people don't play her.

5. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I bought two Kuroyuri for my B&J teams, but since I co-op 99% of the time, I only ever end up using 1 on each team. That said, I have different SIs setup on both of them so I can switch them out as needed (poison vs blind, etc) so I would say YES, buy one if not two. You can use her on other teams that need help with Recovery.

As for Noir, my Alt just pulled one. LS looks nice but haven't tried her out yet. We'll see how she plays.

6. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    I think one big reason people don't play Noir is that no one has a Noir, especially with this event just starting today.

Of course Noir isn't considered a top lead, but with a tanky setup (double Kuro), the team should super high survivability, along with the ability to VDP burst very hard--I VDP'd for around 120 mil on my first try, and that's without a damage enhance active, without killer latents, and without an SA on my friend. And you can probably sneak in some more utility skills (e.g., Fujin-type active) through inherits. In the end, it could be a pretty consistent team for running harder dungeons without any prior knowledge of what BS mechanics they'll contain, which would be nice for me.

I don't get the comparison with something like DCotton. You could compare to B&J, who are obviously considered a superior team and who can also use the Kuros. But DCotton would have less survivability along with weaker VDP burst (pretty strong FUA sub for the Noir team though).

Vaedriel likes this.
  7. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    B&J? i have a blue ney i'm not really using, but my black team rn is dmeta, and it seems sufficient for my needs right now

8. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Sorry, are you asking a question? I'm not following you.

9. Jsttu

Jsttu Curious Cat

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  10. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Barbara & Julie, one of the most popular leads right now because it's powerful and easy. You just gotta bring something for healing, since the team has 4x hp but no RCV multiplier. See the upper left team in my sig.

11. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Noir was in the GH Collab REM last time around. I've yet to see one pop up on my friend's list. I can't even find a Lajoa very often and he's a 4x HP 256x lead.

If it isn't on a tier list, you'll have to beg some friends.

12. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Ha, I didn't even know Noir was around last time. Definitely a bad sign, although Noir did get really good SAs.

Begging friends was always the idea, but honestly it's okay if the Noir plan falls through. I've already got the Noir, so the main question is whether to invest in Kuros, who can also be used on other teams. Since they'd cost about half my current MP, and there isn't anything else to get, I'm leaning towards yes.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Vaedriel likes this.
  13. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    If you have other teams to use them on, I'd say yes as well. I bought them and have gotten a ton of use out of them. Used them to tackle Machine Athena tri-monster with Lajoa that I struggled on forever. Use them to run AA with Roots. Struggled with the no awakening quest (45 I think) then breezed through with them on a Ryune team. Definitely worth their cost.

14. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Lajoa can pair with Veroah very well I found out earlier when looking for Lajoa friends. Works great actually. 2x HP 270x ATK 3x RCV and 25% shield on activation. Dark rows are back for anyone who wants em.

15. kandjar

kandjar President of the Otaku Waifu Association

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have the same question, although I only have B&J.

My solo B&J team is:

which I also, barely played, as I tend to play Madoo all the time :)

16. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    You have Mizu. That is a (big) reason.

MisterDrgn likes this.
  17. Freddyfudrucker

Freddyfudrucker Well-Known Member

User ID:
    Freddyfud
    And so do you...

kandjar likes this.
  18. kaylathehedgehog

kaylathehedgehog Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I hope @MisterDrgn doesn't mind me hijacking the thread, but I have enough to spring for two of her with about 200k MP left over, but the only lead I have that could fully utilize them is Mega Roots.

Are there any other leads aside from him and B&J that could utilize two of her? What kind of SIs and team comps do you guys use? I'm kind of nervous about using two slots just for her.

19. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    @kandjar I still love my Zela, but my coop B&J teams have been kicking some serious @$$:

Main:

Alt:

Slot 3 is my flex spot, everyone else is a fixed member. If I need more VDP on a run, I swap Ren out for Blodin. If I need another heart board, I swap Ren out for YY with a BUrd SI.

Bottom line, Kuroyuri is a permanent team member. She has pulled my @$$ out of the fryer quite a few times (plus her tape block rocks). When I run solo, I use my 2nd Kuroyuri in my flex spot and SI anything extra I need on her, but her heal is still there if I need it in an emergency. It also helps that my BCotton's have VDP SA which means she's a 2 for 1 with FUA.

If you ask me, Kuroyuri is the #2 top utility card in the game. OdinDra being #1, of course. Cottons would be #3 I think. Everyone should have at least one of Kuro, just like OdinDra. Just my $.02

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    kandjar likes this.
  20. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Well, I'm failing to find any Noir friends (no surprise), but I bought the Kuros anyway, and they're pretty cool.

Unless I'm missing something, that setup has no VDP. One of the nice things about B&J is that it's easy to fit in powerful VDP, and you don't have to 7c when you trigger it. Of course, Madoo has you covered, but I like B&J because I can fit lots of gimmick solutions.

Mizutsune is terrific on B&J. I just tried running the double Kuros instead, and I think they make the team more stable, but it was pretty stable already.

I'm saving up +s to get Zela's VDP SA when it comes out. It could go terrible, with a 1/5 chance, but VDP on Zela would be so sweet.

Vaedriel likes this.