Any tips on August’s C10

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, and Dungeon Strategies' started by Orange Crush, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Before I start trial and erroring at 100 stamina a pop. Any advice on August’s C10?

My top teams are Yusuke and Fio. I imagine without any leader skill time buff Yusuke will be DoA.

Is my best bet to bring Fio and my strongest Dragon or Green burst for the last floor? Where do I stall for actives? Do I worry about over writing poison skyfall debuffs with Fenrir?

2. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Not only Yusuke will be hard because of lack of TE but you don't have 7c as well as killers, and doing 7 combo with 7s is hard for most of us. Seems like popular leads are Rikuu, Vraska and Fio. Clea might work but she requires more effort in stalling because her overall team RCV sucks. Just bring a delay, board change and enhance for Noah. Stall one turn, delay and stall until her shield disappear then board change and enhance for the kill. Stall on Sphinx forever for skills by not hitting him hard into rage zone. You'd want to kill Drawn Joker and Lilith quickly because Drawn Joker has a "death move" on his fourth or five turns (don't remember the exact turn) where he will hit for three times consecutively then if you live he will cycle through his skill sets. Lilith can spawn poison skyfall when she kills herself. If you can erase her poison skyfall then she is a good three or four turns stalling point.

Vaedriel, Trap and Tek7 like this.
  3. Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, pretty much this. Run it solo so your skills charge faster, take turns on Drawn Joker, Lilith, and Draggie. Kill Draggie during his second shield. Bring a 5 turn delay for boss + a spike for really easy time there.

4. Vaedriel

Vaedriel Lost in the Shadows

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Believe it or not, I am having issues with C10 this month. I can get to Noah no problem with Rikuu, but keep falling short on damage. Hadn't thought to bring delay. DOH! Its been a while since we had a Noah boss.

5. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Finally beat it with a Vraska friend with a Green Wisedragon assist. I stoned while failing to heal up enough on Sphinx but probably could have nostoned if I popped my Nees who was up. I had Fenrir on Cotton to clear Lillith’s suicide Mortal Poison debuff, and Zeta Hydra on Odindra for Noah.

I also didnt need to “stall” as much as I though since most floors took several turns to beat. And the real MVP was you guys since I wouldn’t have been able to win without using my skilled Zeta Hydra that I have had sitting around doing nothing for years for the first time ever.

sgt502 likes this.
  6. OkaXent

OkaXent New Member

User ID:
    OkaXent
    Use Sonia flow with vraska with coop. It’s much easier. That team has really high hp that can deal with high attack. You can use a green or dark full heal monster card too.

7. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After the Sonia tournament is over, I need to rethink this C10. I've been struggling with Rikuu on both accounts. Yes, I've brought Orochi for delay, but don't do enough damage to kill Noah before she smites me. On one run I literally had Noah down to <10%. So, I loaded up a Bracches burst and keep dying while trying to stall on Sphinx. 99 Stam per try is kinda painful, but I need viable options on other teams to try out if anyone wants to make suggestions. I know some have said use Fio, but I only have her on my Main. My Alt needs another lead that can work.

8. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Honestly if you have a Byoto make the new Superking Flowerbuddy Brachys. You pretty much get 0/12/2 and 3s move time just for showing up. Match with a Vraska for 2/144/2.

Vaedriel likes this.
  9. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    I've done it twice with Riku on main and alt, being a lazy fellow, while using no other active but orochi, so I would think one could bring a similar cd15 wise dragon x5 or a cd10 20% gravity as a base sub and get there without undue complication, while still being dragon typing.

Without that foresight, I did run out of orochi turns and killed through the spinners both runs, mostly owing to color askew boards and being too lazy to have brought relevant sub actives, so I can see how askew ratios into spinners could trip someone up who likewise didn't bring any helper actives. Killing through multiple spinners made me actually have put on a serious cat hat for a couple finish turns and pay attention.

If I was running it back I'd probably bring a proper helper, and perhaps a full board enhance, as sparkling a board is pretty solid damage assist.

10. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Noah has KO'd me twice now because I didn't have Orochi up before she puts up her status shield.

For those of you who have cleared it with Rikuu: Where did you stall? And did you play solo or co-op?

I could probably clear it solo on my main if I went that route, but 50 stamina per attempt is bad enough. 100 stamina per attempt? Ugh.

If LGadius wasn't the monthly quest reward this month, I think I'd just sit this one out.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Ended up stalling on Verche's floor since I got about 6 skyfall combos on Sphinx. -_-

I was able to pop Revo Orochi's skill at just the right time, but it looks like I needed non-Awoken Orochi's skill instead as the delay wore off JUST as Noah's shield was ending. She put up her status shield on the next turn and I struggled through the next several turns until she OHKO'd me. I just spent the one stone to not have to play this horrid dungeon again.

If I had chosen to do it over again, I would have stalled until the 5-turn delay assist on my alt's Rikuu was ready, used that instead of Revo Orochi's 4-turn delay, then popped the Bacches assist on my main's Tardis and tried to one-shot her as soon as her shield dropped.

But whatever, it's over. One stone is worth it just to get it over with.

Now all I have left before picking up LGadius on both accounts is C9! Certainly it can't be as awful as C10, right?

...Right? :|

12. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Lol never got an Orochi, Exo/Zeta Hydra FTW. Anyway C9 if I recall wasnt hard enough for me to recall haha

So my guess is try blind once, you might make it.

13. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

After I don't even know how many attempts, I finally broke through on the main with Fio/Vraska (and Zeta Hydra / Bracches)... I don't even know if I'd call it satisfying, more like an end to pain. Nice to get the medal, though.

Tek7 likes this.
  14. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I've made several attempts with Rikuu on both accounts... and it all ends the same. Failure. I've never *ever* been so frustrated with a C10 and this game until this C10 came along. I've blown through the last several months of C10s either on the 1st try or by my third attempt. WTF?

My most successful team to get to Noah has been:
    Rikuu / Tardis^Bacches / OdinDra^OdinEQ / Ragdra^GKali / RevoOrochi^Orochi

Every time I get to Noah, I stall the first turn, pop Orochi (5-turn version) on second turn, then by the time the delay is over with, she throws up a status shield and starts the spinning orbs for a million turns. I keep getting screwed by the spinning orbs or barely get all the attributes matched and even with a burst I can't one shot her. The most I got her down to was <10% and she OKHO's me. I should have stoned it, but I didn't. I'm so frustrated. I did try Fio once and will never do that again. Grindfest at its worst. Fio needs her awoken skills otherwise its just torture.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  15. iddybat

iddybat Active Member

I would say most of my attempts were with Fio/Fio leaders, and I felt that I was going to need a ton of board luck to get through it. For whatever reason, leading with Fio/Vraska was enough of a damage increase that it felt much easier. My full team was Fio/Fio/GNey/ZetaHydra/Bracches/Vraska. It got a little grindy, but probably didn't take more than 5ish minutes.

But overall yes, this C10 had my number, too.

16. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    It might make more sense to use awoken yomi inherit instead of bacches, as a sparkleboard is 180% damage across the whole team, and the +5 seconds for three turns lets you pull a couple more matches out of the spinners. Or Hades, 25% gravity and +5s for 5 turns for making the mostly of the orochi delay turns prior to spinners hitting. Or both, of course, box permitting. Dio Chan is dragon in her awoken form. Tardis can reset time f2 and still get yomi up for endfloor last hit finish in light of orochi delay. Hades/hathor will overwrite the other delay if slow killing late floor and show up to end under a clock reduce.

Rikuu / Tardis^AwokenYomi / AwokenDiochan^HadesorHathor / Ragdra^GKali / RevoOrochi^Orochi

You'd be like your existing runs, except with an opening 25 gravity into ample solve time during the orochi delay, into a lesser gravity nudge and reasonable solve time if you need to kill shot when spinners arrive.

(Aside: I'm assuming box doesn't have some niche stuff like Li, else x3 boost to all dragons (full team) is a bit better boost, though cd22, though there is some stall available.)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Vaedriel likes this.
  17. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Thanks, I will give this a try. Though only my Alt has Diochan, but I have other dragons I can use in that spot.

18. Vaedriel

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    OMG... for the last 3-4 days I have burned through all my Stamina on both accounts every night trying to clear C10 solo with Rikuu/Diablos. I was about to GIVE UP or at the very least I told myself to stone though it if I made it to Noah again. Then I found a video on YT that convinced me to try again. BINGO! His "trick" worked perfect and with Mercuria's burst I OHKO'd her.

@ko300zx @sgt502 @HappyNoms Thanks for cheerleading me on and for sharing your tips and team suggestions. :)

[​IMG]

This is the video for anyone else struggling with C10:

Alt is done with Aug Quest. Cleared everything with Zela at the beginning of the month. Now for my Main.

*EDIT* Main cleared it just now with Rikuu / Tardis / Diena / Typhon / ROrochi / Diablos (FL)

Jeezus. Glad this one is over and done.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    iddybat, HappyNoms and sgt502 like this.