Anyone clearing stuff with Ilm?

Discussion in 'Rants and Accomplishments' started by MisterDrgn, Oct 2, 2015.

1. MisterDrgn

MisterDrgn You can't take the sky from me. Staff Member

User ID:
    Holy f, he is so fun. I pulled a Tsubaki yesterday and splurged on piis to max-skill it because screw 33% drops in the Thursday dungeon. Sadly, this is maybe the best team I can make at present:

(Tsubaki unevolved)

Short of REM luck, the main way I see myself improving this is maybe replacing Valk with Ilya someday.

Anyway, TEC clears are whatever these days, but I couldn't find an Ilm thread to post and see what other people are doing.

...but I remember someone cleared all the Challenge Descends with Ilm, including freakin' Wada.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Jchunksgt likes this.
  2. Megatron

Megatron Active Member

Don't have Ilm, but i do have Zuoh. Same leader skill, but missing that much needed skill lock resist.
    Can clear pretty much anything that won't skill fuck my team. I run Gronia, Genbu, Genbu / flex. Hades, ceres, susano for flex spot.

With Ilm you can do something similar if you had more Leilans. Your flex could be Ama / Meta for bind clears or Indra for damage reduction.

3. XCobra

XCobra るり

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    ilm can ezmode vulcan cup with 3 rodins and a.ra

4. oGambit

oGambit Well-Known Member

@Shadowdrak i think has been clearing stuff with ilm pretty regularly.

5. Vorpal

Vorpal Ded

I just pulled Ilm so I'll probably start running him once I properly get him skilled and leveled with queen golds.

6. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

User ID:
    [US] 375 256 244
    PADherder:
    link
    Yes, I am. I've been slow to post with clears because I've been slow to get my A.Leilans skilled, but Ilm is ezmode for several of the top teir dungeons Devils Rush, God Rush come to mind, but there's a not much Ilm can't clear with the right subs. Only gets easier with the CD coming to 13 now and 12 shortly. Sucks that they made the Gold Queen the skill up for him though, I now have to re-max mine after having pretty good luck with Angelits when they went through the rotation for Ilm. Wish that would could back.

Speaking of subs, any set of subs including Ilm, A.Leilan, Wukong, Yamato, Tsubaki works. Dupes are even better. I run 2 or 3 Ilms with A.Leilans routinenly. Indra is the secret to premptives.

I'll second that Shadowdrak is probably the resident Ilm champion and I've had several clears/team builds based on his builds and recommendations.

7. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Yeah, sadly I only have one Leilan and one Tsubaki right now, so my expectations for the team aren't as high. (Also no Indra.)

That said, Echidna actually does wonders. She works great with the hasty subs because she's like a 3-turn haste herself. Obviously you can't use Echidna on some monsters, but if you save her up and use her when you can, using other skills when you can't, you should make it through a lot.

On the downside, my setup is short on rows, TPA, etc, so max damage output is a bit low, but with Ilm "a bit low" is still really high.

8. jade

jade the lamp of experience

All about Suzaku!!!! :)

9. SNG^_-

SNG^_- Kirin oooooh kill'em!

im pretty sure mbp just pulled himself a more solid ilm team so he might be playing that more along with z8 and i know altamir plays ilm, dont know if you know either one

10. 0never

0never Retired!

11. JamesCID

JamesCID Athena Follower

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I have my ilm/leilan system now max skilled so I have been kicking some descends with him, he helped me with a few z8 skillups to start with.

12. Tux

Tux Well-Known Member

User ID:
    NA 339,899,271
    PADherder:
    link
    I have Ilm, but no, I don't use Ilm in a team. My PADherder contains this future team for Ilm:

Ilm's leader skill wants fire and light combos, so the challenge is to supply the team with fire orbs and light orbs. I rolled Ilm in a low-IAP, low-REM game, so I have few choices for subs. In my whole box, the only monsters who make both fire orbs and light orbs are Ilm and Flame Chaser. I would bring the fire mystic knight, light mystic knight, and Light Valkyrie Rose as sources of orbs. I would order Blade Brave Kopis to change color if I have more fire orbs than light orbs. I might not find a friend Ilm or friend Ariel to use, so I might fall back to a friend autohealer like Siren.

I recall that @AgentBonkers and @symplecto had teams for Ilm. They might be using Awoken Leilan as a source of fire and light orbs. I don't have Leilan but I might roll a chibi suzaku-leilan later. For now, I have left Ilm at level 5/50 and do nothing to level up Ilm or Ilm's team.

13. T-Money

T-Money Well-Known Member

I just rolled Ilm this last Godfest along with Tsubaki, not to mention I have two Awoken Leilan, and a regular R/L hyper maxed Leilan that I think would make a pretty awesome team. The only thing is I have a completely Hypermaxed Shivagon team, and I seriously doubt a hyper maxed Ilm team would be any better for farming tough Descends. My next plus egg team will either be this one or an ideal A.Ra team... I'm leaning toward Ra, but this team just looks so fun... Decisions decisions. Any thoughts? Keep in mind I also have a Hypered A.Bastet team. First world problems I realize!

14. Supp

Supp Extreme Topaz Slime, Shynee

The rem has blessed me with a pretty good ilm team. last godfest I got ilm #2 and suzaku #2

Hence I can now make

Ilm / Ilm / Kiriko / A Suzaku / A Suzaku / Ilm

Ilm is basically a side project and I'm concentrating on a hypermax bestcat team though...

15. Hexsas

Hexsas Active Member

PADherder:
    link
    I really like the artwork on Ilm. I'm strongly considering him as my next project, but I don't know if it's worth the time because of power creep. Right now, I would use this team. Has anyone made an Ilm guide?

image.jpeg

T-Money likes this.
  16. yamo

yamo Well-Known Member

@Hexsas I can make the exact same team! I had one Leilan for ages, but this GF with 2 packs, i pulled Ilm, 2x Leilan, tsubaki. I also have lmeta and ama for bind clear. I'm going to enjoy this team, but skill ups for a.leilan will be a PITA...

Hexsas likes this.
  17. Shadowdrak

Shadowdrak Well-Known Member

Pretty much been clearing everything both old and new with Ilm I can get my hands on. Z8 was the latest victory. Took a few runs experimenting with various team comps and decided to settle on this

image.jpg
    Indra was MVP here due to flr 9 gimmicks being the killer for most players. With Indra popped on flr 8, I had 2 turns of DR up. 1st turn is pretty easy getting the 6 combos to ping. 2nd turn is the PITA with time reduction, but now I just flicked an orb, tank 10k hit, ping without combo requirements, he angers, and I ping to win.

uncleaner, dms1485 and Flaycrow like this.
  18. Shadowdrak

Shadowdrak Well-Known Member

Good to finally see more players interested in using Ilm. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a guide made yet. I've posted a thread awhile ago showing some of my various clears with Ilm with SS. Not everything has been posted cause I haven't updated it in awhile seeing only a few other players interested in Ilm @grinder and @Bira573 @Freddyfudrucker being earlier players.

Title is: "Ilm vs Zeus Mercury" and other clears.

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/zeus-mercury-vs-ilm-and-other-clears.78964/

Zulias, Hexsas, Supp and 2 others like this.
  19. T-Money

T-Money Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I really like the team but I already have end game teams. Ilms leader skill while powerful, isn't exactly Ra or Bastet, and Ilm being a GFE he may never get an Ultimate. I really like the artwork though and my team really only needs plus eggs and skill ups on Tsubaki and Ilm. The good thing is, his subs... Primarily awoken Leilan, are great on a variety of teams so even if Ilm is left behind as a leader, there is a lot of good sub material there including Ilm himself.

Hexsas likes this.
  20. MisterDrgn

User ID:
    Sounds like you don't need anything, so just make whatever you want.