Apple Will Soon Force Gungho to Reveal REM Probabilities

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Knomraski, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Noobzilla and Snarf like this.
  2. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Always welcome, although I feel like we already had a fairly good idea of the rates from the various community roll rates data gathering.

Anything that makes things a bit more transparent for people is probably a moral good. There has always been something essentially deceptive about similar egg types having substantially different rates, and it not being clear to the unsophisticated or inexperienced.

Just make a fundamentally good game, and success takes care of itself.

PDF3, sgt502, BurningMan and 3 others like this.
  3. Fendeezy

Fendeezy Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    After 5 years it'll be more "huh, interesting" than "OMGWTFBBQ THESE RATES?!?!"

4. Fridgeboy

Fridgeboy Active Member

User ID:
    336 207 472
    Hmmm or accounts that pull the same dupes others haven't seen with years of playing? RNG my ass!

Trick95 likes this.
  5. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    Whiney ass battlefront players is the reason eu won't sell stones nomore. This just goes to show be careful what u wish for. Now u can't roll at all in your destiny game. When u put $10 on your account for godfest. You know there is only an ok chance of getting a gf exclusives great chance not getting anything on the list. And the smallest chance immagineable if getting exactly what you rolled for. That's the game. Don't like it don't play it. There was a point I put 22 on my account for gf got noting but riders and swordsman. This is like losing at the lottery and asking for a refund. Ppl need to man the f up and take what they get and stop being cry baby princesses and deal with it. Also...gh gives out more then enough free stones to make up for shitty iap rolls.

sgt502 likes this.
  6. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Semi-IAP..damn you GH

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Battlefront was a fucking joke and EA deserved everything they got or will get over it. Don't compare EA to GH. Fuck EA.

Apollogee, xer 21, Arranging and 3 others like this.
  7. らぶたん

らぶたん 元AKB48

Gungho was already complying with the JOGA guidelines though which already give a good idea of rates and make sure that there's at least some form safety from extremely bad gachas. i don't really expect anything new to come from this for PAD

8. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    EU closing and the lootbox discussion have nothing to do with each other. There is nothing even close to a law yet, so they could still sell magic stones if they wanted.

Theoretically gh could now lower rates significantly, previously in order to keep the rates a secret they had to stay close to recommended rates in order to comply with gacha law which wouldn't be necessary anymore. Doubt they will do it since it would likely cause a shitstorm that could lose them a significant part of their already declining playerbase, but you never now with gh

nickjr, wangatang0830 and Flandre like this.
  9. MegatronG

MegatronG Active Member

User ID:
    Megatron
    I agree battlefront was a joke. It's amazing how one game maker can ruin rng for everyone. I think gh rates are fair. And only because of the face that they give a a large abundance of free stones to make it were we don't have to be iap or watch adds just to play the game. A free blue hunter made it even better by giving everyone a card that's capable of clearing all content. All while being smart about it by requiring it to be co-op to widen there playerbase. Rather it be alts or friends you turn the game on to. I will never buy another ea game again. But u bet your ass I'll still throw money at my pad account. I rolled 6 riders and knights on $20 card. And rolled yog next gf soley from free stones. And its reasons like this is why ill continue to throw money at this game. I like that gotcha in this game. If u want a game with extremely poor rates on getting ANYTHING good. Go play ffbe. And u know I'm not the only one pissed off about what's going on in eu to our fellow pad players. The community for this game is amazing. And it's half the reason I play.

bp1976 and sgt502 like this.
  10. Moyuba

Moyuba Well-Known Member

User ID:
    743 341 270
    PADherder:
    link
    it's not like this makes any difference. we all know when we roll the rem that we have a 1-2% chance of pulling a rare card we want.

nickjr and wangatang0830 like this.
  11. nickjr

nickjr Pushbutton kouhai of whale senpais

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    With desire sensor(TM) it's 0%

bp1976 likes this.
  12. Hansey

Hansey Destined to never own a single Haku

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Does GungHo dodge this though by the fact that you're not actually buying REM pulls directly? I mean, you're buying stones. "Your probability of obtaining magic stones after paying money is 100%."

Yes, I know that the vast majority of stones are spent on REM pulls, and I for one would welcome published probability rates, I'm just wondering whether their system manages to give them an out of having to comply.

13. Knomraski

Knomraski Bowl of Herp

Judging by recent events and the new “REM Renewal,” I think it’s safe to say Gungho’s hands were tied.

I have played a great many IAP games, and every single one of them, without exception, has utilized some sort of currency-by-proxy. Playing semantics clearly wasn’t their “way out” of complying.

14. Sparkle

Sparkle Doing it wrong since 1979

User ID:
    EA has always been the shittiest type of shit. Their games are mediocre. Their code is shit.
    If they triggered Apple to say "Show yor odds", it's the best thing EA has ever done. They are a shit company with zero integrity.

Back to OP - I'm upset capitalism was this slow at disclosing odds, yet still aware capitalism is why we'll see odds.