Are 10ms Fest Excl. Heroines worth it?

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Chiru, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Chiru

Chiru Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I'm able to trade for any of the ones in the shop and already have two, but are any worth the trouble?

Kali seems powerful but lately the things I think are great turn out meh.

I've wanted an Ilmina for ages, but using her in the quest made me think she's not that great.

Any thoughts?

2. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I do not think they're worth it at all. One exception might be Uruka because her active type is still pretty rare but even then, I'd be cautious chasing her or trading for her. Heroine collab used to be very good because of Ilmina but that was years ago when 7x6 leads was rare and very good. Most of these collabs, I'd just buy the stone + roll bundle and leave it at that; I rarely feel like any of the new additions are worth it now.

3. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    Ilmina is nice but a little underwhelming, as you end up needing to team composition in some other things than just pure Ilm subs to deal with all the modern gate and tolls on absorbs or unmatchable colors or time reduce, and the overall value is conditionally relative to the other modern 7x6 options. In a vacuum, in some other meta, it might have been amazing, but in current meta it competes with Aten-Dyer, and Fasca-Alice, and so forth, and there are just a lot of other 7x6 setups.

The other bit, because bicolor boards and 6x7 seem maybe be good for crowns, is that the extra animation time for extra effects are undesirable in the high-end crown chase, so you actually want vanilla bicolors, rather than bicolors like Ilimina or Sonia that do lasers and unlocks and whatnot. So the crown chase leans away from Ilmina to other setups.

It's fine to pull, it's just not something I'd usually recommend trading a lot of cards for unless you are flush or just feel moved by the card/art/etc.

I have the other alt color version of Uruka, and run her as a sub occassionally when some random dungeon makes the anti-color ability a relevant convenience, but tbh, it's been getting less rare, and some other highly desirable chase cards like Snow Reece also incidentally do a color effects override, so it's less niche than it was. And has the same "mid-range 6x7 but there are several better 6x7s out there" issue this festival's 6x7s generally have.

4. Chiru

Chiru Active Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think I'll pass on the trade then. Better to save up for a godfest with something I really want, yeah?
    Thanks for the help.