Are Sparkle Awakenings dying out? :(

Discussion in 'Q&A' started by Tyizor, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Tyizor

Tyizor Wandering Planaria

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Saw a few Oe awakenings get replaced by skill boosts and such on Padx. Are they systematically purging oe's jp side? That's a bit upsetting considering there's oe leads (like LHeraDra) that I was hoping they'd reword. Plus, there's cards like Eschamali where their entire thing is sparkles.

If they are dying out, that makes me kinda sad. They're actually still the main source of passive damage for a lot of my teams (I've been kinda stubborn against sporting killers since they're pretty boring) and they make my board pretty :<

2. YamaKyu

YamaKyu Go play some cross leads you cowards :p

User ID:
    349-296-255
    I think they won't remove them from monsters which design relies or revolve around OE awakenings. I highly doubt the Eschamalis, Constellation 1 and 2 series, Hera/Yomidra, etc... will have their OE removed.

If I recall correctly, Revo Hinokagutsuchi lost its 2 OEs awakenings @JP ; this was probably because it served no real purpose (outside of increasing the team damage by a little bit) and Kagu itself is not designed around it (he's more about TPA). Similarly you could expect (for example) Bastet to loose her OE in the future, as it serves no purpose.

I think most cross leads that have massive amounts of OEs (think Sitri (lol), Dantalion, Kenshin, Paimon) will keep their OE forever as well, because each orb being stronger means you can get more damage with less matches (which is handy when matching crosses as these take a lot of time and space). So they do serve a clear purpose o/

3. tanpopo

tanpopo adventure!

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I can kinda understand replacing the OE with TPA, but the bindproof feels really weird on Kagutsuchi. Especially giving him two individual ones now that they have the super bind resist.

4. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Maybe they want to replace them completely?
    The new 7 star is also match 5 but works with all orbs including poison, jammers etc.

Would be pretty weird though since oe are arguably the second best offensive awakening next to 7c right now

5. sgt502

sgt502 ばかぷれーやー

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Perhaps they're planning to buff the OE awakenings, just like they did with hearts OE, that makes a card with craploads of them would make it might powerful.

6. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Then why take them off old cards as a buff?
    I mean its gung-ho so it doesn't have to make sense but if they were planning to buff them they would have just given them thoes 2 for 1 awakenings like sb+ or unbindable+

7. HappyNoms

HappyNoms Ogliarchial collectivist

PADherder:
    link
    What I keep expecting them to do is just in place consolidate the whole card set, so that two bind proof go to one, two skill boosts go to one super boost, two fingers go-to one super finger, to free up awakening slot space.

I'd just make a super sparkle, and two to one collapse those down at the same time.