Are we maybe looking at Sylvie/Ryune wrong?

Discussion in 'P&D Discussion' started by Orange Crush, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Orange Crush

Orange Crush PAD's Nostradamus

User ID:
    Ok so they’re 4/196/0 row leads yeah?

Well maybe if we tilt the script a little bit and think we had a base 8 fingers (from +2 secs per lead LS) and 8 rows out of leads alone maybe they’re actually awesome 7c leads? Using a couple cards like Michael/Uriel with 2 rows and 2-3 7c each with % heal Actives you’re now up to 10+ rows which are effectively an extra 2x multiplier per row.

Well now if you maybe squint a bit suddenly you have a 4/392+/0 combo lead if your active requirements are “make a row then stack 6 3 matches on top of it”. Add the proprietary Grodin, suddenly you have another way to heal up right quick. And that still leaves 2 slots for utility.

cjo likes this.
  2. BonerChamp69

BonerChamp69 I'm huge

Sylvie can run Eir just fine and Ryune has Mel. Angels and Neys autoheals can help too but aren't the only option. Also GValk and Kushi with a chocoheart can do well too especially if you run healer verdandi or something else with heart oe.

3. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Just mostly saying, sure the leader is stacked with Rows and has a Row activation. Buuuuuut would prob play just fine as a combo lead.

I’m going to give that a try tonight.

4. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Looks like it works pretty well to me.

[​IMG]

Keep in mind that's Awoken Michael--not Revo Michael--with only one 7c awakening.

Once some more trades go through, I plan to evolve Michael to his Revo form and max-level him.

5. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Spent a couple floors in Endless Ult, found activating was harder than I expected off the ~11 seconds I had.

Who makes up your team aside from Michael and Grodin? I can’t make out the other two.

6. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Oh, that's OdinDra, not Grodin.

The other 2 subs are Revo Artemis and Avalon Drake.

I'm trying to figure out if I should find a way to put Australis on the team. 5 wood row awakenings, man. Pew pew.

7. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Evolved my Michael to Revo form and got him to level 95 with 2 snow globes and a GREAT!

I plan on testing him tonight (or tomorrow if I crash with the kids after trick or treating tonight).

8. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I meant OdinDra, anyway I have the other two as well. But I am tentatively running Fio, Ney, Michael and OdinDra.

9. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    So I didn't make it as far as testing my newly evolved Michael last night, but I just popped in to Endless now and here are the results:

[​IMG]

Wow.

EDIT: Suddenly the wait for 7c SA for Uriel, Gabriel, and Michael seems much longer. :D

10. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Their damage definitely isn't something to sneeze at. I messed around with Ryune and it was dishing out an absurd amount of damage, granted, it wasn't a team that I would run regularly due to the lack of utility but the potential is there; I used Hermes^Helen / Hermes^Helen / B/0 Ryune / R.Isis. That being said, I completely forgot that Sylvie (sorry, Sylvie!) is just the green counterpart to Ryune and green has more utility with Fujin and OdinDra. Of course, there's going to be a damage trade off but damage means nothing when your whole team is bound.

I might have to consider trying Sylvie out with Michael / Michael / OdinDra / Fujin and see how that goes. Running that team and doing even just 7c's could be enough damage, the only real problem for harder content is keeping a steady flow of green orbs coming in to be able to make rows and 7c. Potentially, Australis and/or Zela could work as subs as well. That being said though, we run into the they're-viable-but-I-have-something-better problem or the all-my-friends-are-(insert top tier lead) problem.

11. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    And that's why leads like MSylvie and MRyune won't see much play a week after their debut: PAD's friend system is broken and GungHo's "fix" of players whaling for dupes isn't a proper fix at all.

12. Orange Crush

User ID:
    I’ve only had a Sylvie to partner with a handful of times (and never put together a Ryune team).

In the end I left it as Romia, Michael, OdinDra, Ney.

13. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I tested it out with Zela doing 7c's only and it didn't work out very well. It was essentially just a 4x leader doing 7c's which doesn't come close to what you need the team for. Unfortunately, this also means that getting 6 orbs, preferably in a row, is the only way to really get any damage done. This makes Australis arguably one of the best subs for Sylvie. Artemis isn't bad either if you have her. Vishnu is kind of meh but if you have two, they can rotate their active, keeping a steady flow of orbs coming in but that also means that two sub slots are devoted for that purpose. Michael is decent but his active is a one-and-done sort of deal and it does nothing about hazard orbs; his awakenings are about as good as it gets though but damage awakenings isn't exactly in sort supply on Sylvie's team, it's keeping a flow of green orbs that's the major concern. Zela, either of her evolutions, are pretty good for this team; one has rows and VDP and the other has 7c's and FUA. Zela's active is probably what makes her stand out, making a bi-color board and +2 combos to boot to make sure you get the kill and/or meet the combo requirement which can be hard to do depending on the requirement.

I do find the team pretty fun to play, if nothing else, it's new from my typical combo leads that I usually run. It reminds me of the old Pandora days, just match row(s) and stuff gets destroyed. I'll likely be keeping her in my slot two for the foreseeable future if either of you guys want to add me - who needs more Megatron friends, right?

14. 20matar

20matar main:20Matar alt:firefly

User ID:
    20matar
    That's how I'm using her.
    Main Kaede, Alt Sylvie and a bunch of Dios in the middle:joyful:

15. BurningMan

BurningMan Dropping the green Bomb

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Have made a few test runs on alt arena and I think 7c is way superior to rows.
    First the two leads already bring 8 rows by themselves so the rows you add on top don't bring much that much value since rows offer only diminishing returns.
    Second row subs suck, most row subs only bring orb changes and little utility and on top are bindable.
    I have run sylvie+ rathioseq/zela +zela/gcotton+oichi/fujin+sdr buffer/eir+heartbox

Pretty luxury but both cotton and zela can be replaced with other green 7c subs like gronia or revo Micheal or ragdra for Godkilling. Fujin can also be any other 7c sub just bring another fujin active then. Eir is imo the least replaceable sub since the team needs some healing and no other green subs can really offer what she.can. She also does the bind and awoken bind clear job so you don't necessarily need odindra but you can still bring him especially for AA that throws around with awoken binds since he is a solid sub overall.
    The teams strength is the tankiness much like BJ or dmeta you can stall out on a lot of encounters. While dmeta and BJ are easier to activate since they don't need 6 greens that's actually sylvies strength because she can stall everywhere without worrying of activating and hitting something in the rage zone (that's also why other row leads suck so hard in comparison because their shield being tied to the damage multplier makes no sense...)
    Because she is super tanky it's also easy to stall for enough green orbs so you don't really need that many or changers but I found cotton super useful as a quick way to create heals and wood in emergencies or to speed things up.

cjo likes this.
  16. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    Yeah, 7c's are definitely the way to go, I'm just saying that you can't rely solely on 7c's to carry you through a dungeon, you're gonna need to make rows for any kind of actual damage. I did some damage testing to look at the numbers and Zela is easily pushing ~45M by making a row and 7c with no additional green matches, OdinDra is hovering somewhere in the 10M and Michael in the 20M. I guess the only real problem with the team is that 7c's with a row isn't always possible due to the nature of the board, so it is something to keep in mind.

17. Tek7

Tek7 Well-Known Member

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
  18. Murdurus

Murdurus Rampage

User ID:
    PADherder:
    link
    I think my final team is going to end up being Michael / Michael / Zela / OdinDra. I tried using Australis and her green skyfalls are great but in terms of actual utility, she brings none; she is all about damage. On the other hand, Michael can, for the most part, make enough orbs for a row and hearts for FUA if need be, his active also heals for 30% which is great. I tried Vraska on the team and although she isn't bad in the least bit, I felt like her active is a little too long for my liking. I tried Fujin on the team but unfortunately, she doesn't bring anything but her active that may end up being useless for most dungeons and some fingers that isn't all that needed; her damage isn't bad after making 7c's but her active being potentially useless hurts, I can't bring her just because. Alternatively to a Michael, I can bring green Cotton for a shorter CD that more or less accomplishes the same thing Michael's does except that it doesn't heal, the main trade off being that Michael brings two rows whereas Cotton is unbindable; I could potentially bring green Cotton and Vraska and have an unbindable team but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that yet because I do lose out on damage from losing row awakenings.

That being said though, I don't feel like that Sylvie can reliably sit on one team for just about anything, she'll likely need to switch out a sub or two depending on the dungeon which really sucks because I'm lazy. She's still fun though and dishes out an absurd amount of damage; her damage output is really excessive for most things but I do enjoy watching the big numbers that Zela can deal.

cjo and Tek7 like this.
  19. Orange Crush

User ID:
    Such a real problem.

Esp compared to some of the other teams I have where I’m sitting on near full assist availability to sub in whatever equips for resists or skills for mechanics if need be but most things already covered.

I mean Fio, Yusuke, and Megatron already have the move time, FUA, VDP, easier activation, higher damage (or in Fio’s case nigh invulnerability), better healing etc etc

20. ko300zx

ko300zx Well-Known Member

User ID:
    All these goodies lately, I haven't even had a chance to mess around with Ryune or Sylvie. I want to get 7c supers on a pair of Isis and run a Kuroyuri system with Ryune. Her awakenings are downright silly for the playstyle you guys are talking about. 2x 7c plus 2 rows and 2 OE. Plenty of bonus damage just making rows and just silly damage for row + 7c. I would probably do Isis/Isis/Amatsu/I&I (who has similar awakenings to Isis). Probably try the same thing with 2x Tardis.